Voiding Vinny?

King Knut

Does he want to play or get paid?  It's that simple.  He's not going to play in Philly, barring an injury epidemic.  

Nothing in that article, other than speculation, led me to believe he is going to terminate--as far as I could tell.

"Yeah, I can see that," he said. "First of all, I haven’t played in a while so obviously it’s tough to judge. But I still believe in what I can do and what I can bring. I can bring leadership, whatever role a team would want me to do. I can play solid both ways. It’s just a matter of having the chance to have some type of role. Whatever role that is, I’d be ready to fill it and help that team win. That’s the most important thing at my age and where I’ve been; the last few years have been really tough. I just really want to win and help be part of that puzzle to help a team win."

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

10 minutes ago, DaGreatGazoo said:

Does he want to play or get paid?  It's that simple.  He's not going to play in Philly, barring an injury epidemic.  

Nothing in that article, other than speculation, led me to believe he is going to terminate--as far as I could tell.

I think this is sort of a publicity play to make it known to teams out there that he might be.  That it's not a pipe dream.  That if a deal can come into place even though he's not really supposed to make a deal ahead of time, but let's face it, he has to OK any trade anyway--if such a good faith deal was brought to the table, he'd terminate as part of his sign off.  

It's a character play that I don't know if I'd have in me.  He won his cup and his medals.  he has nothing to prove.  Sit tight and chill and bill.  If he wants, he can waive his NMC to get him send to the phantoms if he wants to keep playing for kicks.    I'm not that much older than Vinny and frankly, facing down retirement at his age, I'd be thrilled to go in with 11 million more dollars.  

3 minutes ago, King Knut said:

I think this is sort of a publicity play to make it known to teams out there that he might be.  That it's not a pipe dream.  That if a deal can come into place even though he's not really supposed to make a deal ahead of time, but let's face it, he has to OK any trade anyway--if such a good faith deal was brought to the table, he'd terminate as part of his sign off.  

It's a character play that I don't know if I'd have in me.  He won his cup and his medals.  he has nothing to prove.  Sit tight and chill and bill.  If he wants, he can waive his NMC to get him send to the phantoms if he wants to keep playing for kicks.    I'm not that much older than Vinny and frankly, facing down retirement at his age, I'd be thrilled to go in with 11 million more dollars.  

While I don't disagree that this may be a publicity play, the Flyers told his agent MONTHS ago, to go find a deal.  If the Flyers gave him permission, all discussions would be allowed at that point--including a handshake termination moving forward.

I would assume that every team in the league knows exactly where the VLC camp stands right now.  If they don't, Vinnie should fire his agent today.  

1 hour ago, AndyS said:

If he wants to play, he just needs to be willing to take a pay cut.

I doubt that's going to happen.

what does that mean?  what pay cut would he need to be willing to take?

Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie 24m24 minutes ago

"@Real_ESPNLeBrun: Rumblings blog from yesterday, Vincent Lecavalier: http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/tag/_/name/lebruns-rumblings-01-05-2016 " Hearing lots of Vinny trade chatter today.

Why all of a sudden? It's not like he's been playing and driving up interest.

Archived