Simmonds vs McIlrath

AlaskaFlyerFan

Rangers get gory revenge on Simmonds in vicious rout
Dylan McIlrath fights with Wayne Simmonds. Photo: AP

"The Madison Square Garden crowd got what it had waited all week to see, Philadelphia’s Wayne Simmonds repeatedly punched in the head and bleeding above his left eye."  This guy (Howie Kussoy) must have been hallucinating because that's not what I saw in the fight. Gory revenge?  You can't be serious!!!  Link below.

The Rangers send their biggest guy, a heavyweight, out to fight a middleweight.  The fight itself was a draw.  Simmonds gives up 3 inches and 45lbs...I would say he did himself proud!  I can't say that much for the puzzy he fought.  McIlrath embarrassed himself in that fight.  Can't beat a guy that much smaller than himself.  HAHAHAHA!!  Oh, if you actually watch the fight, I think Simmonds gets cut from a head butt right before McIlrath's helmet comes off.

Where was the other punk, Tanner Glass, that was running his mouth all week?   Why wasn't she the one that challenged Simmonds?  Chicken schitt had to get a bigger guy out there so he didn't get his arse kicked!  Another embarrassment!!

Not one person in the Rangers organization or media has acknowledged the the cross check to the head that Simmonds received that started this whole thing.  And of course there is no response from the league after a week's worth of threats from the Rangers.

http://nypost.com/2016/02/14/rangers-get-gory-revenge-on-simmonds-in-vicious-rout/

1 hour ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

"The Madison Square Garden crowd got what it had waited all week to see, Philadelphia’s Wayne Simmonds repeatedly punched in the head and bleeding above his left eye."  This guy (Howie Kussoy) must have been hallucinating because that's not what I saw in the fight. Gory revenge?  You can't be serious!!!  Link below.

The Rangers send their biggest guy, a heavyweight, out to fight a middleweight.  The fight itself was a draw.  Simmonds gives up 3 inches and 45lbs...I would say he did himself proud!  I can't say that much for the puzzy he fought.  McIlrath embarrassed himself in that fight.  Can't beat a guy that much smaller than himself.  HAHAHAHA!!  Oh, if you actually watch the fight, I think Simmonds gets cut from a head butt right before McIlrath's helmet comes off.

Where was the other punk, Tanner Glass, that was running his mouth all week?   Why wasn't she the one that challenged Simmonds?  Chicken schitt had to get a bigger guy out there so he didn't get his arse kicked!  Another embarrassment!!

Not one person in the Rangers organization or media has acknowledged the the cross check to the head that Simmonds received that started this whole thing.  And of course there is no response from the league after a week's worth of threats from the Rangers.

http://nypost.com/2016/02/14/rangers-get-gory-revenge-on-simmonds-in-vicious-rout/

Unless a Bertuzzi/Moore situation happens, the league won't care.

1 hour ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

"The Madison Square Garden crowd got what it had waited all week to see, Philadelphia’s Wayne Simmonds repeatedly punched in the head and bleeding above his left eye."

Yeah that guy needs to see his eye doctor because i think the prescription on his eye glasses have ran out.....that is nothing like what i seen...

You tell me...

SImmerFight

132672.jpg

I wish they would have called Morin up just to battle that d!ckhead!

GIF Rewind: Gostisbehere continues his streak, Simmonds crushes McIlrath

i'm sure there will be a rematch sometime...

SimmondsPumped (1)

The rags and the NY Media has really shown how delusional they are in this whole situation.  At every turn, they paint a completely inaccurate picture.  They couldn't at least acknowledge the fact that McDouchebag held some responsibility for causing the situation with a very reckless crosscheck to the head.  Typical trash organization, media and fan base.  Sent their heavyweight after a smaller guy, but joke was on them...Simmonds can handle himself quite well against most.  That first right cross was a beauty.  In the end, Rags got what they wanted though, a win.

I hate that team...nearly as much as i hate the penguins... i found myself telling the tv to **** off after Schenn ruined the King's shut out.

I was happy , that happened.. that's like penguin level hate from me...nice to know i still have some movement on the ol' hate ball.

1 hour ago, mojo1917 said:

i found myself telling the tv to **** off after Schenn ruined the King's shut out.

LOL. I did the exact same thing. The wife came out of the bed room and asked me if I was happy or mad and told her "It's a Flyers game......YES"

4 hours ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

To be fair, Simmonds is one of the best fighters in the game. I wouldn`t exactly say its embarrassing on McIlrath, but extremely impressive for Simmonds seeing as Mcllrath has been in multiple fights himself. If anyone was humiliated it was Tanner Glass, exactly what I was hoping for.

I realize emotions are running real high for Flyers fans due to the whole McDonagh/Glass/Simmonds situation, and I'm not gonna comment on that, but as for the thread topic, McIlrath vs Simmonds, meh, McIlrath held his own....and got in some good shots on Simmonds near the end where it looked like Simmonds was just trying to hold him off till the refs broke it up.

I don't buy into the "but Simmonds is a middleweight" garbage. As already stated, Simmonds is an experienced, tough scrapper who isn't fazed by an opponent's size. It's a non factor for him.

McIlrath is bigger, but much more inexperienced at just 23....and you can even see him show Simmonds the respect Wayne deserves at the beginning of the fight by NOT simply diving in there against the experienced NHL'er.

I'd give Wayne the SLIGHT edge in this one due to that nice right cross, then being smart enough not to get into the bigger McIlrath's wheelhouse, so to speak, but the young McIlrath certainly DID NOT embarrass himself.

Hell, he did well to take that big shot from Simmonds at the start and still have it in him to keep going then get in his towards the end.

5 hours ago, Adamflyers said:

The rags and the NY Media has really shown how delusional they are in this whole situation.  At every turn, they paint a completely inaccurate picture.  They couldn't at least acknowledge the fact that McDouchebag held some responsibility for causing the situation with a very reckless crosscheck to the head.  Typical trash organization, media and fan base.  Sent their heavyweight after a smaller guy, but joke was on them...Simmonds can handle himself quite well against most.  That first right cross was a beauty.  In the end, Rags got what they wanted though, a win.

What do you expect, its THEIR team. No objectivity will be coming from THEIR media. I'm certain the Flyers media would act in a similar, patently biased manner in this situation as well.

2 hours ago, JagerMeister said:

I'm certain the Flyers media would act in a similar, patently biased manner in this situation as well.

I am guessing you don't read much Flyers media......:ph34r: They can be biased alright......

4 minutes ago, JagerMeister said:

@flyerrod I know, did you read the comment I replied to? Or am i missing something here..

Even when you read the Flyer media, no mention of the crosscheck to the head that started this...it is always Simmonds punch or Simmonds elbow. ESPN has less biased coverage than the philly rags......

8 hours ago, JagerMeister said:

What do you expect, its THEIR team. No objectivity will be coming from THEIR media. I'm certain the Flyers media would act in a similar, patently biased manner in this situation as well.

I don't expect them to fawn all over Simmer and totally blame their guy for the incident, but I do expect some form of truth in their writing.  To completely ignore the fact that Simmer was cross checked in the head is to ignore the reality of the situation.  The situation began with a very dirty and reckless cross check to the head.  Simmer was wrong to react the way he did and I think most Flyers fans have acknowledged that, although most of us didn't shed any tears for the recipient of the punch.  There is biased and there is delusional, and I believe the media crossed over to the delusional side.  All I was looking for as an acknowledgement that their guy shared even just a small part of the responsibility for what happened. 

9 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

I realize emotions are running real high for Flyers fans due to the whole McDonagh/Glass/Simmonds situation, and I'm not gonna comment on that, but as for the thread topic, McIlrath vs Simmonds, meh, McIlrath held his own....and got in some good shots on Simmonds near the end where it looked like Simmonds was just trying to hold him off till the refs broke it up.

I don't buy into the "but Simmonds is a middleweight" garbage. As already stated, Simmonds is an experienced, tough scrapper who isn't fazed by an opponent's size. It's a non factor for him.

McIlrath is bigger, but much more inexperienced at just 23....and you can even see him show Simmonds the respect Wayne deserves at the beginning of the fight by NOT simply diving in there against the experienced NHL'er.

I'd give Wayne the SLIGHT edge in this one due to that nice right cross, then being smart enough not to get into the bigger McIlrath's wheelhouse, so to speak, but the young McIlrath certainly DID NOT embarrass himself.

Hell, he did well to take that big shot from Simmonds at the start and still have it in him to keep going then get in his towards the end.

When you look at the size difference, the expectation is that a guy as big as Mcllrath would destroy a smaller Simmonds.  So in those terms, Mcllrath didn't live up to the expectations that people may have had.  Obviously AV put him out there with Simmonds for the purposes of a beat down, but given the fact that Simmonds won the fight or even just fought to a draw, I don't expect that was part of the plan.  I agree that Mcllrath didn't embarrass himself, but in fighting, size and reach play a huge role.  Of course experience is important as well, but size and strength are huge in fights.   

1 minute ago, flyercanuck said:

@Adamflyers

Ah, it's over and done with.

Now we wait for McDonough to come back and bring up Derek Mathers to crosscheck him in the head. Then we're all even. Hopefully he's better than McIlrath is at "administering justice".

When it comes to the Rangers, it's never over and done with! :devil:

7 hours ago, Adamflyers said:

When you look at the size difference, the expectation is that a guy as big as Mcllrath would destroy a smaller Simmonds.  So in those terms, Mcllrath didn't live up to the expectations that people may have had.  Obviously AV put him out there with Simmonds for the purposes of a beat down, but given the fact that Simmonds won the fight or even just fought to a draw, I don't expect that was part of the plan.  I agree that Mcllrath didn't embarrass himself, but in fighting, size and reach play a huge role.  Of course experience is important as well, but size and strength are huge in fights.   

I would say that speaks volumes about Simmonds fighting ability, considering that Mcllrath has been in multiple fights himself. The only one that was humiliated here was the spineless glass...

On 2/15/2016 at 6:08 PM, Adamflyers said:

They have to be delusional.  THe reality is unacceptable.  The reality is that their captain, cheap shot cross checked the Flyers leading goal scorer in the fact and then got knocked out with one soft face wash of a punch and had to sit for a week and a half for a "concussion."

That reality is too harsh for any hockey fan to accept.  It's ridiculous that any NHL player could act so shamefully and be felled so easily.  It's utterly pathetic that any player who just cross checked a guy in the face could be so unprepared for a punch (let alone a shove) afterward that he literally gets knocked on his arse, dissy and out of it before he hits the ice.

That's ridiculous.  A child wouldn't be so unprepared for that and wouldn't go down so heavily so easily.  Honestly, I don't like it but I can't blame the Rangers fans and NY media for needing to delude themselves like this.  It's the most ridiculously shameful combination of unacceptable jack-assery combined with pathetic ineptitude I've seen from a hockey player since Crosby started sneaking up from behind and punching guys in the nuts.

The polite thing for us all to do would be to shut up, try to forget it happened and move on... but that's the thing about D bags like Rangers fans and the NY media... they force you to be the bad guy.  They won't let you be the magnanimous person and politely move on.  They force you to drag yourself down to their level a bit and point out how utterly shameful and ridiculous their situation is.  

poor bastards.  

Archived