Flyers unveil gold-accented 50th anniversary jerseys

hf101

Flyers unveil gold-accented 50th anniversary jerseys  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Do you Like them?

The club unveiled new jerseys Wednesday to be worn as alternates for the upcoming season, which feature gold accents and numbers to commemorate a half-century of Flyers hockey.   Do you Like them?

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't say i'm a big fan. Gold just doesn't go with that colour scheme. I can live with it for one season...maybe it'll grow on me. 

Throw some Liberty Bells on the shoulders...that'd be fine by me. 

At least Rocky isn't part of it.

39 minutes ago, hf101 said:

cropped_Capture333.jpg?ts=1472661658

The club unveiled new jerseys Wednesday to be worn as alternates for the upcoming season, which feature gold accents and numbers to commemorate a half-century of Flyers hockey.   Do you Like them?

Uninspired.  

49 minutes ago, RJ8812 said:

I'd like it if the only gold was surrounding the logo. The rest of the gold should be orange 

that, i could at least handle...  

Looks like it was designed by Trump...   but still made in China.

I puked in my mouth a bit... those are sad.  Imagine that someone got paid good money to come up with those!!

How about just a gold patch/crest?... nah... let's make it look like an elementary student glittered them.

I don't mind the gold numbers. I think I would have liked JUST gold numbers. NO gold around the logo and a simple gold 50th patch. 

I get the reasoning for the gold theme--Obviously. I don't hate them. I don't love them. 

That being said-word is Mr Snider approved them. For that reason alone, let's embrace them. One of the last visible fingerprints on his legacy . 

To preempt, I've never really like the gold color BUT these jerseys are awful. 

I'd have gone with just something much more subtle, only making the middle orange circle in the logo gold and perhaps a black Liberty Bell patch with gold-numbered 50

The only thing preventing me from being harsher is learning Snider had a hand in the design.

9 hours ago, DaGreatGazoo said:

I don't mind the gold numbers. I think I would have liked JUST gold numbers. NO gold around the logo and a simple gold 50th patch. 

I get the reasoning for the gold theme--Obviously. I don't hate them. I don't love them. 

That being said-word is Mr Snider approved them. For that reason alone, let's embrace them. One of the last visible fingerprints on his legacy . 

At some point Snider said it was okay to sign VLC and McDud...  Just bc he had an idea doesn't make it a god one.   Lol...

Meh, I've seen worse.

50 is the golden anniversary so...uh gold it is right ?

I don't see myself buying one for tween girl Mojo or Mrs Mojo and I sure as hell won't wear one.  

Dolla dolla bills y'all !

Edit:

okay so i've looked at these a little more, yuck yuck yuck to the trim around the logo... wtf ? it is the logo...don't **** with it, either get a new one or leave it be, don't make it 3d.. don't trim it in the hip colors.... geez people!

the gold numbers aren't awful but why not go totally fairy with it and make the numbers rose colored gold, it's all the rage with the ladies.

Also it smacks of the panther's new look which i am on record as totally splooging over and that makes me sad, we're copying a the look of a Florida hockey team.  I'll bet the chairman is retching in his grave, god rest his soul. ***ghostly voice: Paul what the hell are you doing ? I know this is your doing Paul...." 

Now, if this means home sweaters are now white , Yay ! because, that's how it should be. 

Archived