Sean Couturier Leads Flyers Team in Goals

LegionOfDoom

Two goals for the night and almost a hat trick in the third period with an empty netter.

Tied for third in the league in goals, and is three away from taking the lead.

Looks like his line is leading with 5 points as a line.

Will he win most improved player of the year award?

Probably the greatest opening night of scoring in NHL history in L.A. by a 23 year old American born Canadian when both goals primary assists were by a guy named Travis from London wearing Ron Flockharts old number 11.

That's right...Flocky hockey is back!

12 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Probably the greatest opening night of scoring in NHL history in L.A. by a 23 year old American born Canadian when both goals primary assists were by a guy named Travis from London wearing Ron Flockharts old number 11.

That's right...Flocky hockey is back!

If I could like this ten times I would. 

3 hours ago, LegionOfDoom said:

Two goals for the night and almost a hat trick in the third period with an empty netter.

Tied for third in the league in goals, and is three away from taking the lead.

Looks like his line is leading with 5 points as a line.

Will he win most improved player of the year award?

I'd be happy with that.  His drive to the net has been an improvement in the pre - season too.  I don't think it is just Konecny either as much as I think it is an improvement to Couturier's game.  This is exactly what the Flyers need from him. -- Great to see and I hope it continues all season.

1 hour ago, hf101 said:

I don't think it is just Konecny either as much as I think it is an improvement to Couturier's game.

I would not sell Konecny short. He seems to have pretty sharp on ice vision and reads the ice extremely well. Add his incredible speed and he leaves players tripping over their jock straps and looking silly trying to catch him. If he can stay healthy(as a little guy and rookie) he is going to be targeted a lot but I think he has a HUGE season if they keep that line together.

I can't count the number of times I heard "and Provorov is there" whenever the puck got loose and the Kings looked to make a big play. What a difference having a true #1 D-man even if he is young.

What I liked the most about Couturier in this first game is that he finally started playing like a scorer and not as a defender.  I wonder if Hexy and the coach had s talk with him at some pint during the off- season and impressed it upon him that there wsd s reason he had back to back 80 points in the Q.  Dare we think that maybe he has arrived?

48 minutes ago, Mad Dog said:

What I liked the most about Couturier in this first game is that he finally started playing like a scorer and not as a defender.  I wonder if Hexy and the coach had s talk with him at some pint during the off- season and impressed it upon him that there wsd s reason he had back to back 80 points in the Q.  Dare we think that maybe he has arrived?

Could just be the difference between centering the 2nd line vice the 3rd.  Less offensive supporting cast on the 3rd line and play in different situations.

Archived