Game 36: Flyers at Sabres; 3/31/21 @ 7:30, XYZTV

6 hours ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

L-19.

Now you had to go and add pressure to these guys.

You know these cupcakes don't like pressure.

If you never learn anything with this group it's about mind games.

So I order to get what you want you have to say the opposite.

You'll learn eventually. Maybe.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Now you had to go and add pressure to these guys.

You know these cupcakes don't like pressure.

If you never learn anything with this group it's about mind games.

So I order to get what you want you have to say the opposite.

You'll learn eventually. Maybe.

Maybe they just want some love from their fans.  :IDunnoSmiley:

:console::flyers:

• Haha 1

This game will potentially be a historical event! I'm rooting for you Flyers :hocky:

If it's your swan song on the road to a rebuild, make it a memorable one! Win it and you'll be forever remembered as the team the historically bad Sabres lost its 19th game against.

Kick 'em while they're down! They like it!

HandyMisguidedBactrian-size_restricted.g

16 minutes ago, lynxrattle said:

This game will potentially be a historical event! I'm rooting for you Flyers :hocky:

If it's your swan song on the road to a rebuild, make it a memorable one! Win it and you'll be forever remembered as the team the historically bad Sabres lost its 19th game against.

Kick 'em while they're down! They like it!

HandyMisguidedBactrian-size_restricted.g

At this point the Flyers need all the help they can get they can't stand playing with a lead....well now that I think about they don't even know what that is.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

We are surprisingly heavy favorites:

https://www.docsports.com/free-picks/nhl-hockey/2021/philadelphia-flyers-vs-buffalo-sabres-prediction-3-31-2021-nhl-pick-tips-and-odds.html

After Monday's squeaker, that seems strange.  I wonder what the Ghost waiver does, for better or worse?  

That waiver should wake up some of the Flyers. I take it as good news for the Flyers and bad news for the Sabres 😁 Look out for loss number 19!

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

I always want the Flyers to win.  But part of me wants the Sabres to win tonight so the Penguins will still hold the record for most losses in a row.

Yeah but the Flyers will probably screw that up......

1 hour ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

I always want the Flyers to win.  But part of me wants the Sabres to win tonight so the Penguins will still hold the record for most losses in a row.

You just had to wreck the game, didn't you 😁 Now if the Sabres win, there's no record to have a laugh at. If the Flyers win, the Penguins will be freed of the embarassment. It's a no-win situation!

I'm still rooting for the Flyers in this one. **** the Penguins! Let them off their shame. They'll do it again, eventually.

2 hours ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

Fair

2 hours ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

They'll always hold the record for most losses in a row on purpose.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

Until you consider that the Penguins losing streak (and total ineptitude) that season landed them Sidney Crosby.  Three Stanley Cups later, I'm pretty sure they're over it by now.  You would be doing Buffalo a favour by beating them because Bettman will gift them the next #1 franchise player in the draft lottery.  :) 

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

They'll always hold the record for most losses in a row on purpose.

Ha! exactly. Fk them. All that losing bought them Malkin then Crosby...gee nobody saw those 2 coming right? Riiiiight.

I don't care who wins or loses tonight Pissburgh will always be the All-Time Losers in my book.

• Like 3

Ya know...I've seen this poop show of a Flyers team, for too long and it stopped being enjoyable, sometime in February. Here's to hoping for a blowout Sabres win tonight, so the Penguins keep the losing record, and the Flyers trade two of the should be leaders, but are WAY OVERPAID passengers...from this team. Blow it up!💣

4 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Ha! exactly. Fk them. All that losing bought them Malkin then Crosby...gee nobody saw those 2 coming right? Riiiiight.

I don't care who wins or loses tonight Pissburgh will always be the All-Time Losers in my book.

They'll always have the distinction of needing to be bailed out of bankruptcy. The Flyers will never have that problem, even though many of us know how dysfunctional their front office was when Ed Snider was alive, and continues to be today. Flyers fans are awesome.

• Like 1

Subject to change before game time...

Projected lineups

FLYERS (Monday's lineup, will be updated)

25 James van Riemsdyk - 24 Sean Couturier - 86 Joel Farabee
28 Claude Giroux - 13 Kevin Hayes - 93 Jake Voracek
23 Oskar Lindblom - 19 Nolan Patrick - 11 Travis Konecny
12 Michael Raffl - 21 Scott Laughton - 62 Nicolas Aube-Kubel

9 Ivan Provorov - 61 Justin Braun
6 Travis Sanheim - 5 Phil Myers
55 Sam Morin - 53 Shayne Gostisbehere 

37 Brian Elliott
[34 Alex Lyon]

PP1: Giroux, Patrick, Farabee, Voracek, Provorov.
PP2: Hayes, Couturier, JVR, Konecny, Gostisbehere.

Scratches: 56 Erik Gustafsson (healthy), 79 Carter Hart (healthy).

Injured reserve: 8 Robert Hägg (shoulder, 2-4 weeks from 3/17/21), 48 Morgan Frost (shoulder surgery).

COVID-19 protocol: None.

SABRES

4 Taylor Hall - 37 Casey Mittelstadt - 72 Tage Thompson
68 Victor Olofsson - 15 Riley Sheahan - 23 Sam Reinhart
53 Jeff Skinner - 27 Curtis Lazar - 21 Kyle Okposo
13 Tobias Rieder - 20 Cody Eakin - 9 Steven Fogarty

62 Brandon Montour - 33 Colin Miller
26 Rasmus Dahlin - 10 Henri Jokiharju
44 Matt Irwin - 55 Rasmus Ristolainen

35 Linus Ullmark
31 Dustin Tokarski

PP1: Reinhart, Mittelstadt, Hall, Olofsson, Dahlin
PP2: Okposo, Sheahan, Thompson, Skinner, Miller, Ristolainen

Scratches: 24 Dylan Cozens (upper body), 40 Carter Hutton (lower-body). 78 Jacob Bryson (undisclosed).

Injured Reserve: 9 Jack Eichel (upper body), 19 Jake McCabe (right knee, out for season), 74 Rasmus Asplund (upper body), 3 William Borgen (fractured forearm, out 6-to-8 weeks from Feb. 23), 13 Tobias Rieder (undisclosed), 28 Zemgus Girgensons (hamstring surgery, out for the season).

COVID-19 protocol: None.

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

He already has been he is backing up Elliott tonight....so he'll be playing by mid way of the second period.

😢 That's a more appropriate reply emoji, in this case. Let's ruin another kid's confidence.