Game 37: Flyers at Bruins; 4/5/21 @ 7, NBCSP

Howie58

Greetings:

We are heavy underdogs.  We are also 0-5 against Boston this year, and go into the game 2-6 overall:

https://sportschatplace.com/nhl-picks/2021/04/05/boston-bruins-vs-philadelphia-flyers-nhl-picks-odds-predictions

This is a consequential week.  Trade deadline aside, I wonder if we will be below .500 by tax day? 

9 hours ago, Howie58 said:

Greetings:

We are heavy underdogs.  We are also 0-5 against Boston this year, and go into the game 2-6 overall:

https://sportschatplace.com/nhl-picks/2021/04/05/boston-bruins-vs-philadelphia-flyers-nhl-picks-odds-predictions

This is a consequential week.  Trade deadline aside, I wonder if we will be below .500 by tax day? 

These games are huge and basically must wins since this is the team they need to catch.

No excuses not to bring it tonight.

8 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

These games are huge and basically must wins since this is the team they need to catch.

No excuses not to bring it tonight.

I hope they start playing better.

But I also hope I'll have better things to do in May than watch these guys get trounced in the playoffs. 

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

9 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

Hoping for the best but expecting the worst ...... enough said.

5 points back and the Bruins have two games in hand tells me they are all but done...all that is left is a formality for them to play the games.

Just sell sell sell while you can.

• Like 2

Not watching tonight, can’t watch them get humiliated by Boston again and hear the douche bag Jack Edwards gloating. 

I will check in after the game to see where Voracek ended up on the suck-o-meter.  

#IHATEJAKE 🤬

61A03B6E-CA82-4AE8-B763-F5AE2AE75D6D.jpeg

Edited by Samifan

I'm doing my part. I picked up Darth Vladar in NAHANA...

These games will tell us a lot about where this team's head is. Boston has the firepower to blow their doors off if they're not focused on playing competent hockey.

Lose both of these and ol' Fletch needs to bite the bullet and realize that "adding" rightnow isn't in the cards. Other than that, it would depend on the nature of the win(s).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, radoran said:

I'm doing my part. I picked up Darth Vladar in NAHANA...

These games will tell us a lot about where this team's head is. Boston has the firepower to blow their doors off if they're not focused on playing competent hockey.

Lose both of these and ol' Fletch needs to bite the bullet and realize that "adding" rightnow isn't in the cards. Other than that, it would depend on the nature of the win(s).

Yeah if these two aren't mist win games then I don't know what is.

38 minutes ago, Samifan said:

Not watching tonight, can’t watch them get humiliated by Boston again and hear the douche bag Jack Edwards gloating. 

I will check in after the game to see where Voracek ended up on the suck-o-meter.  

#IHATEJAKE 🤬

61A03B6E-CA82-4AE8-B763-F5AE2AE75D6D.jpeg

You may have seen Jake talking about how "play 60 minutes" is a "hockey cliche" because no team ever controls a game for all 60 minutes.

Yes, he said this after the Isles loss following the Buffalo 6-1 debacle. I'm guessing he didn't see the 6-1 loss.

https://twitter.com/billmeltzer/status/1378529367479959562?s=2

If this isn't prima facie evidence that he's one of the guys being talked about as "inconsistent" I don't know what is...

You don't have to control all 60 minutes - you need to play all 60 minutes...

Or how about just the 16 or so that you're out there, eh?

Edited by radoran
  • Like 4

55 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

Prediction: 12-1 Bruins, 8 goals for Pastrnak, Marchand licks somebody.

Hopefully, it's the ref..he gets ejected, and the Flyers only lose 9-1.

Edited by FD19372
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, radoran said:

You may have seen Jake talking about how "play 60 minutes" is a "hockey cliche" because no team ever controls a game for all 60 minutes.

Yes, he said this after the Isles loss following the Buffalo 6-1 debacle. I'm guessing he didn't see the 6-1 loss.

If this isn't prima facie evidence that he's one of the guys being talked about as "inconsistent" I don't know what is...

Hey Jake, shut up and play... preferably somewhere else.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, radoran said:

Sadly not shocked in the least that this is Voracek’s take. He just needs to shut up. Media shouldn’t even ask him any questions if he is the one the team makes available for the post game presser. 
“Does anyone have any questions for Jake?” and then silence. Wonder if he, the PR staff and Fletcher would get the hint that this guys needs to GTFOH ASAP!

3 minutes ago, Samifan said:

Sadly not shocked in the least that this is Voracek’s take.

Unfortunately, me, neither...

It was another "b-b-b-but we think we played well!" story... following a loss.

Someone get this guy a participation trophy with a picture of the Stanley Cup on it.

(It will not surprise you that many on teh Twitters "don't understand" why this is a Bad Thing for Voracek to say...)

The reasons cliches are cliches is that they're generally rooted in the truth. You don't get credit for "playing hard" on one shift and so you can then take a shift or two off. That's what the cliche means.

When you're on the ice, you need to do the best you can, every time.

That's what the $8.25M is for.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, radoran said:

Unfortunately, me, neither...

It was another "b-b-b-but we think we played well!" story... following a loss.

Someone get this guy a participation trophy with a picture of the Stanley Cup on it.

(It will not surprise you that many on teh Twitters "don't understand" why this is a Bad Thing for Voracek to say...)

The reasons cliches are cliches is that they're generally rooted in the truth. You don't get credit for "playing hard" on one shift and so you can then take a shift or two off. That's what the cliche means.

When you're on the ice, you need to do the best you can, every time.

That's what the $8.25M is for.

I'd hate to say it, but this Flyers organization has become a cliche. I don't believe, nor trust them anymore. Anyone change my mind?

Looks like Darth Vladar in net if the little green check on my FHL roster is to be believed...

Just gave up 3 goals on 22 shots agains the Pens...

Rask still on IR and Halak went into COVID protocols.

Edited by radoran

13 minutes ago, Brewin Flames said:

Vladar gets the start....Swayman will back him up...

I'll be on/off during the game, i'll check in between periods to give my unbiased opinion. 😀

Enjoy Vladers first career shutout!