New Kraken - Carsen Twarynski

Digityman

1 minute ago, Digityman said:

Not one person had this pick.

Link

Yep and now the Flyers are f**ked.

9.3 mill to sign a #4 D man, resign Hart and Sanheim and add a backup goalie.

Oh and the worst part Jake and JVR are still Flyers. F**K YOU SEATTLE!!!!!

:rage:

• Like 3
  • Good Post 1
  • Uggh... 1

10 minutes ago, Digityman said:

I think Chuck is going to try as hard as he can to trade before he buys out.  

I think Ghost is on the roster opening night, along with one of JVR/Jake

If no trades can be worked out ,then the best bet is to buy out Jake and keep Ghost and JVR. There are always injuries and teams loading up at the deadline, so if Ghost and JVR have good seasons ,then they will have value at the deadline or if some teams lose some players to injury for a long period. Hopefully we can also unload G for a solid return at the deadline, even if we agree to pay his contract for the rest of the season.

I really like Twarynski, but honestly, has he shown anything in his time up?   I think he will, but at this stage I'm okay with it.   Hagg and Ghost might actually bring something in a package, so I'm okay with it.   Plus, if they're both still on roster, working to get a dman via trade might not then be from a position of perceived weakness.

We have like seven Twarynski's in the system, so whatever.  I wish the kid well either way.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

I really like Twarynski, but honestly, has he shown anything in his time up?   I think he will, but at this stage I'm okay with it.   Hagg and Ghost might actually bring something in a package, so I'm okay with it.   Plus, if they're both still on roster, working to get a dman via trade might not then be from a position of perceived weakness.

We have like seven Twarynski's in the system, so whatever.  I wish the kid well either way.

He may be flipped or a draft pick. I wish him well too.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, flyer4ever said:

OR, its just that nobody wants his junk.

We have the winner. They're going to have to be really creative to package Voracek, to get him the hell out of here.

Edited by FD19372

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Yep and now the Flyers are f**ked.

9.3 mill to sign a #4 D man, resign Hart and Sanheim and add a backup goalie.

Oh and the worst part Jake and JVR are still Flyers. F**K YOU SEATTLE!!!!!

:rage:

Goddamnit GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Howie58 said:

Valdiation we are stuck with some overpriced pieces.  Do we think about Buyout for some folks, including Ghost?

Isn't Ghost at least (more) tradeable? He has a unique skillset, shirley Chuck can find a team that needs/values that, no?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

Isn't Ghost at least (more) tradeable? He has a unique skillset, shirley Chuck can find a team that needs/values that, no?

Yes, you would think so. Ghost and a pick for Johnny G, and don't call me Shirley. 

Edited by FD19372
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, ruxpin said:

I really like Twarynski, but honestly, has he shown anything in his time up?   I think he will, but at this stage I'm okay with it. 

I don't think anyone here is upset he will be gone....it's just that we wanted other gone...if for no other reason but for salary cap relief.

Something tells me Chuckles kind of knew all this before hand and has a plan i hope so. I know i had the post about being upset Jake is still here but i was more of just that we all had knew it was to good to be true anyways.

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

I don't think anyone here is upset he will be gone....it's just that we wanted other gone...if for no other reason but for salary cap relief.

Something tells me Chuckles kind of knew all this before hand and has a plan i hope so. I know i had the post about being upset Jake is still here but i was more of just that we all had knew it was to good to be true anyways.

The only comfort is that other teams also hoped for salary dumps and didn't get it. Like if you're a Blues fan, you lost Dunn, that hurts.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Wrong Schenn. 

No Brayden you can't bury and don't want. But i was saying if ever there was a time to trade JVR for only Luke Schenn i'd do it now so you can free up 7 mill and have one less floater.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

Like if you're a Blues fan, you lost Dunn, that hurts

I've honestly been stunned through our whole conversations about Tarasenko that Seattle wasn't going to take Dunn.  That seems like the no-brainer pick here.    I was just telling my wife last night (who knows hockey is played on ice and that's about it) and my daughter (who is a fan girl) about the Tarasenko/Vorayuk thing and actually said, "which is dumb...they should take Dunn."  And here we are.

8 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

I've honestly been stunned through our whole conversations about Tarasenko that Seattle wasn't going to take Dunn.  That seems like the no-brainer pick here.    I was just telling my wife last night (who knows hockey is played on ice and that's about it) and my daughter (who is a fan girl) about the Tarasenko/Vorayuk thing and actually said, "which is dumb...they should take Dunn."  And here we are.

Lol, exactly. I haven't been paying much attention so I didn't even know Dunn was unprotected. Clear no brainer. It looks like Seattle is trying to build from the D out. Look to them to sign and/or trade one or more Dmen.