Ristolainen to Flyers

14 minutes ago, CoachX said:

im in mourning over the death of the Flyers and reaching for anything

Notice i changed my avatar....i have had the same one since Ivan made the Flyers now i felt the need to change it to the savior of the franchise....hope i don't get banned.

:beer:

Edited by OccamsRazor
#boubonup
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, CoachX said:

@OccamsRazor

I followed suit. My avatar reflects the state of the Flyers

I like it.

It suits the situation strap up another decade of sh it Flyer hockey...one thing is for sure i will not be buying the hockey package for a long time....i hope they see something i am too stupid to see.

It feels like they have no plan just a dart board with stuff written on it and where the dart lands is what they do...

:BrownBag:

is this where we cue: 

we made calls but there just wasn't a move out there.

no one wants to take on term.

scouting was limited.

we feel good about what we did.

we are strong on wing.

we are better at defense.

the lines are open.

if there is a move out there, i will keep my options open

3 minutes ago, CoachX said:

The main problem with Ristolainen are his play-driving numbers, or “analytics,” as people like to harp on. Sure, they can’t tell the whole story, but they paint a pretty good picture.

The Sabres were outscored 427 to 301 at 5-on-5 play with Ristolainen on the ice in his career. I don’t care how bad a team is, getting outscored by 126 goals in 542 games speaks volumes. According to Evolving Hockey, Ristolainen has a 41.11% Goals For, 44.29% Shots For, and 44.17% Expected Goals For in his career.

Luckily, there is also a stat that shows how many goals a team scores (and allows) with or without a player on the ice.

Relative to his teammates, Ristolainen has a -0.19 goal differential per 60 minutes. Every 300 minutes he plays, his team is one goal worse at 5-on-5 play. That has gotten a bit better in recent years after -0.24, -0.31, and -0.22 in his first three seasons. Inthe 2019-20 season, Ristolainen was a +0.09 in that category. Last season, however, he was a near-career-worst -0.5 (career-worst is -0.59 in 2018-19).

Simply put, Ristolainen did not help the Sabres win many games in his career. In fact, he hurt them most of the time. Despite his physicality and how hard it may be to play against him, the Sabres were better off with him on the bench.

20 hours ago, pilldoc said:

Wow….. I’m at a total loss for words. 
time to cancel my subscription to NHL Center Ice ……

Guess what Chuckles isn't done....he is about to ship Sanheim out??

He has 32 with 4 more years at 5.8 mill per...can only imagine.

Edited by OccamsRazor
#boubonup
  • Like 1
  • Uggh... 1

9 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

Hmmm looks like something happened yesterday.

Jake is gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now Jake gets to score a hat trick every time they play now...only time he'll try to shoot!!!

JAKE IS GONE!!!

10 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Guess what Chuckles isn't done....he is about to ship Sanheim out??

NO FCKING WAY!?

JAKE IS GONE?

Edited by CoachX
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Poconono said:

In a thread with dozens of great posts yours takes the top prize.  The only way we'll see another Stanley Cup in Philly is if/when this team is sold or moves out of town and a new franchise is awarded (my preferred scenario).  I think you and I can look forward to seeing a Colorado Cup in the near future however.

Screenshot_20210724-075752.jpg

1 hour ago, xganarchy said:

My God you guys are depressing! Lol

Well if Risto turns anything promising i will come to claim my huge share of Crow and glad eat every piece...in fact i hope that is what will happen...

• Like 3

Fkn Fletcher are you kidding me? We get this half-ass D-man wannabe who plays about as weak as you can play and still remain active in the NHL...and to get him Fletcher gives up our 1R pick plus a perfectly serviceable 7th in Hagg (and another pick? i'm losing track).

Way to go A-hole you really know how to build a team. Throw Gostisbehere to the desert for absolutely nothing and give away - I can't count them all - how many picks in the process? And now this Risto bust of a trade.

Look I get it nobody wanted Gostisbehere. But he played well after for the Flyers when he was healthy, esp after getting waived last season. I know I'm in the minority but I really liked his game. Expensive yes but he is fun to watch and I think the Flyers are worse w/out him.

8 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Notice i changed my avatar....i have had the same one since Ivan made the Flyers now i felt the need to change it to the savior of the franchise....hope i don't get banned.

Yes...I've noticed. And I beg of you to change it to something else...I really don't want to see that head everytime I read one of your posts. It reminds me that my teams GM traded a 1st, 2-2nds and a 3rd for the right to swap Shayne Gostisbehere for Rasmus F***ing Ristolainen.

What sane person could think "Ya, this is a good idea"?

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Yes...I've noticed. And I beg of you to change it to something else...I really don't want to see that head everytime I read one of your posts. It reminds me that my teams GM traded a 1st, 2-2nds and a 3rd for the right to swap Shayne Gostisbehere for Rasmus F***ing Ristolainen.

What sane person could think "Ya, this is a good idea"?

Reminds me of Ming's son...

https://images.app.goo.gl/5ff1wUg9ejG8p7Ur5

Edited by OccamsRazor

I think you probably overpaid but you are being too tough n a guy that will add toughness and can handle the puck with confidence.  You are all being tough on Ristolainen.  

Man dd we take enough Russians today?  

i am furious that the jackass traded Sam Reinhart .  To FLORIDA TO BOOT!!!! Dumb bastard Adams

• Like 1

I'm still horrified that the Flyers paid more than a premium to land Ristolainen while Florida only payed with a middling goaltender prospect and a protected first for Reinhart. If anyone wants to know why I hate Schmuck Felcher, that's why. He bid against himself and I'm calling BS on seven teams being in on Ristolainen and that a first was the starting point. Shill Meltzer was all over that. Such a shame. He used to be a good, honest writer and now he's a company hack. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, CoachX said:

is this where we cue: 

we made calls but there just wasn't a move out there.

no one wants to take on term.

scouting was limited.

we are strong on wing.

we are better at defense.

the lines are open.

if there is a move out there, i will keep my options open

Don’t forget….I like our club…the immortal words of Paul Holmgren 

Some big hits in those highlights.

The one that stood out to me was trucking Ovechkin, that doesn't happen often.

Also blowing up Jake Guentzel was nice and the big hit on Ryan Reaves...this is an element the Flyers haven't had since the butcher was traded.

• Like 2