Soft and uninspired

trevluk

Living in California I do not get to watch the Flyers play very often that’s very few games are televised out here. Tonight was my first chance in a while to see them play and when I got home they were already down 3 to 1 at the beginning of the third. As discouraging as that was I figured it was a good opportunity to see what kind of grit this team has and the showing was absolutely pathetic. That might’ve been the softest most uninspired 20 minutes of hockey I have ever witnessed. This team is a complete embarrassment. If it wasn’t for Hart and Jones there’s a good chance this team would be in last place in the league which would be fine by me to get a top draft pick and Captain Zero would maybe drop his NTC to go to a contender and we could maybe bring in a real leader.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, SCFlyguy said:

C'mon, 80% of Hayes is 40 points (if you're lucky) and 9.6 donuts.  Not bad for $7M.

But the part that eludes you it seems is they don't even have a prospect/body or whatever who can even replace the 40 points Hayes scores.

So who do you have replacing Hayes?

I'll patiently await your prospect or kid who they can plug into the lineup to replace him....

• Like 1

Of all the Flyers' problems right now, I see our Selke Trophy winner, $62M boy is the major one.  I would be interested to find out what the heck is wrong with him.  His game has not just deteriorated.  It's unrecognizable... to the point he looks like a completely different player.  This is the worst hockey he is playing in his career.  Forget scoring.  He is not contributing ANYWHERE on the ice.  I'd like to think there is some reason for that; you don't suddenly lose your skills. But right now, it's a major issue, which, I hoe is fixable. 

Edited by Mad Dog
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Mad Dog said:

Of all the Flyers' problems right now, I see our Selke Trophy winner, $62M boy is the major one.  I would be interested to find out what the heck is wrong with him.  His game has not just deteriorated.  It's unrecognizable... to the point it's a different player.  This is the worst hockey he is playing since he's ben playing.  Forget scoring.  He is not contributing ANYWHERE on the ice.  I'd like to think there is some reason for that; you don't suddenly lose your skills. But right now, it's a major issue, which, I hoe is fixable. 

Wow haven't watched a game in a week or two so that is not encouraging but sounds like awesome timing...in fact I don't even know what else to say to that...

:hithead:

• Like 1

As I posted elsewhere ...

Right now, the Flyers are simply a flawed hockey team with so many issues that one could plug two or three holes in the boat that symbolizes their season and it still would continue to sink.

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

But the part that eludes you it seems is they don't even have a prospect/body or whatever who can even replace the 40 points Hayes scores.

So who do you have replacing Hayes?

I'll patiently await your prospect or kid who they can plug into the lineup to replace him....

I responded to your similar post on another thread, but in my opinion it doesn't matter who they add.  Bring back Jason Akeson from Siberia.

I think a big difference is I don't believe the franchise's problems can be fixed with a few moves.  I don't care if they are watchable while it gets fixed.   Hextall's mistake was trying to be competitive while doing a retool.

They need massive infusions of talent and assets and I am willing to do whatever it takes make that happen.

Edited by SCFlyguy

7 minutes ago, SCFlyguy said:

I responded to your similar post on another thread, but in my opinion it doesn't matter who they add.  Bring back Jason Akeson from Siberia.

I think a big difference is I don't believe the franchise's problems can be fixed with a few moves.  I don't care if they are watchable while it gets fixed.   Hextall's mistake was trying to be competitive while doing a retool.

They need massive infusions of talent and assets and I am willing to do whatever it takes make that happen.

Sure why not...

Hi all

new to this forum...used to habit the Orange and Black site (for about 20 years!)..but it is gone...

anyhow...the situation we have now is players not delivering, and really, playing not to lose at this point...those are two difficult things to correct, i would guess

Biggest problem I see is that there is absolutely no identity..and I think this is criticial...I think this is why other teams like the Red Wings and Devils (when they were both elite) were able to plug in virtually ANY player and not skip a beat..even FA signings...guys who went to those teams just seemed to gel (for the most part)

as far as players

Ellis looked like a great idea on paper, but maybe more due diligence should have been done...he has only played in 5 games(?)..and it sounds like he may be out until at least January...now Farabee is injured..and it looked like he could have a separated shoulder..so that takes a while...

Rasmus is hold/cold..when he plays well..he shows what he can be...he just needs to be consistent and I think he will get there....

JVR : Cold
Couts: Cold
Lindblom: Cold
TK: cold
Yandle: not showing the skills we know he has..If he can't contribute offensively, then his signing was a waste...
Hart: playing Good..not great..still giving up goals where the announcers comment: "He'd like to have that one back"  (Why can't WE ever find an Igor Shesterkin?..well actually we did but he plays for Florida...)

Allison's injury was unfortunate because he and Farabee started to show some chemistry at the end of last season.  Was really looking forward to seeing that again. And Now Farabee will be out for..who knows...

What is up with Cam York? he just seemed to vanish...

MacEwen Braun, and Laughton  seem to be carrying the team right now, and I don't mean in terms of scoring, but in terms of effort and energy. 

• Like 3
  • Good Post 1

3 hours ago, Mad Dog said:

Of all the Flyers' problems right now, I see our Selke Trophy winner, $62M boy is the major one.  I would be interested to find out what the heck is wrong with him.  His game has not just deteriorated.  It's unrecognizable... to the point he looks like a completely different player.  This is the worst hockey he is playing in his career.  Forget scoring.  He is not contributing ANYWHERE on the ice.  I'd like to think there is some reason for that; you don't suddenly lose your skills. But right now, it's a major issue, which, I hoe is fixable. 

Last year most players on the team had their worst years ever, especially Meyers and Sanheim after being our best pair in the playoffs the year before. Now this year Coots is looking like crap, TK is still hot and cold and has not progressed . If it's not residual covid effects or an injury, then it's gotta be mental.. I think this team has a severe morale problem. It's time to clean house. The group has to be broken up. 

Rumor has it Danny Briere is in the running for the Montreal GM job. If Roy gets it instead he might be someone to consider as a new GM with new ideas. Maybe. 

Certainly need to turf all the current bosses that's for sure. 

Rick Dudley's also out there. Seems like a guy who could stand up to Clarke. 

Or.........?

6 minutes ago, GrittyForever said:

Rumor has it Danny Briere is in the running for the Montreal GM job. If Roy gets it instead he might be someone to consider as a new GM with new ideas. Maybe. 

Or.........?

Roy is a wackjob. Great player. Not much of a person.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, GrittyForever said:

Or.........?

I thought there was (a lot) of bad blood between Roy and the Habs? 

Hart: playing Good..not great..still giving up goals where the announcers comment: "He'd like to have that one back"  (Why can't WE ever find an Igor Shesterkin?..well actually we did but he plays for Florida...)

I'm not sure how many more saves you want out of the kid. Maybe the second goal last night but that was more on Provorov than anything. Kid made a heck a play as well.  It's a shooting gallery on Hart and Jones every night. They might have one win if it wasn't for those two.  The team has averaged 1.67 goals per game in their last 18. You could have Patrick Roy in net and not win many games with that stat. Sounds like Hart is in the running for Team Canada so he must be doing something right.

Edited by albertaflyer
spelling
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, RonJeremy said:

Last year most players on the team had their worst years ever, especially Meyers and Sanheim after being our best pair in the playoffs the year before. Now this year Coots is looking like crap, TK is still hot and cold and has not progressed . If it's not residual covid effects or an injury, then it's gotta be mental.. I think this team has a severe morale problem. It's time to clean house. The group has to be broken up. 

Why does it have to be a mental issue?

Why can't it be that they aren't that good/talented and we overrated them?

1 minute ago, SCFlyguy said:

Why does it have to be a mental issue?

Why can't it be that they aren't that good/talented and we overrated them?

I'm sure some are overrated, but you don't go from  playing very well and being one of the better players to being completely horrible. To me that's a lack of confidence, lack of focus, lack of leadership  and inability of the coaches to get the most out of the players. Look at at Ghost he has 16 points and is a -1 on one of the worst teams in the league . If he was on the Flyers he would have 2 points and he a -30. That's proof right there that this whole organization is rotting from the inside out  

18 hours ago, GrittyForever said:

Rumor has it Danny Briere is in the running for the Montreal GM job.

With Lane Lambert as Head Coach, Danny Briere as Flyers GM would be interesting.   I hate retreads but I wouldn't mind this one.  

They've been grooming him up here in Portland with the Maine Mariners (ECHL) which is owned by.......Comcast Spectacor.    I've seen him a few times walking the stadium.  

Edit: 

I didn't realize the Islanders have lost 9 in a row now.   Covid definitely played a part.   Maybe Trotz will be available and he can bring Lane with him.....hmmmmm

Edited by Digityman
  • Haha 1