Ristolainen Re-signs with Flyers

mojo1917

4 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Join me in denver. I'll buy the first pitcher

Jiminez?  Or Cook?

Either way

(I hate MLB,  but seemed like an easy joke)

Edited by ruxpin
  • Haha 1

5 years. F...................................k 

Well he can set some records I think. If I'm not mistaken only Jeff Skinner has more games playing in the NHL and never making the playoffs. With Buffalo looking like they might be finally turning the corner Risto could be number 1 soon enough. 

over 5 years he might also be able to break the NHL career record for worst plus minus. He's only top 20 at this point. You go Rasmus, you can do it!

8 hours ago, Pedo 228 ERQS said:

He's better than Sanhiem who brings nothing to the table. Tell me  what Sanhiem is good at,he cant clear the net, cant win a puck battle and is a turnover machine

Quit clowning around, HJ. We know it's you.  Funny stuff, though.

22 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

So, this has happened?

Nothing on the official site, yet but TSN saying it's...5.1 x5. 

Dang it. 

If so, this is definitely a 'justification" signing. ...Well we gave up so much to get him...

It is difficult to see where or how this works out from today.

Totally agree, this is Fletcher justifying giving up a 1st rounder plus 2 other picks I believe for Rusty. Does any other Flyers fan think that Fletcher will find a way to **** up a Giroux trade. I know right handed defensemen are hard to come by but now Fletcher has $11.35 in cap space tied up with a defensemen who maybe injured the whole time he's here in Philly and the other who has done nothing to warrant being resigned for 5 years. I'm not holding my breathe that Fletcher won't **** up the trade deadline and the high pick the Flyers will receive in the upcoming draft. For the previous GM, Hextall, when they had to draft Makar who the Flyers scouts wanted, he decided to pick Patrick. It's a great time to be a Flyers fan!

How's that for an omen...the day he agrees to Fletcher's stupid, ill-advised, moronic, face-saving offer, Ristolainen commits 2 penalties in the first 20 and both times Flyers-killer Reinhart scores on the PP.

Apparently we're still waiting for ol' Rasmus to shake off the Buffalo rot and become this great D-man everyone (as in NO one except the Flyers' brass) thinks he can be.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Apparently we're still waiting for ol' Rasmus to shake off the Buffalo rot and become this great D-man everyone (as in NO one except the Flyers' brass) thinks he can be.

Are we sure it's not "Flyers rot"?

I can only speak for myself, I didn't think he would become "great" I thought he would play better than what he had shown in Buffalo. 

I don't know the metrics off the top of my head. But I think he has reached my meager expectation.

That certainly doesn't mean I thought 5 x 5 was a good idea. 

That's a lot of money for a #4 and would seem to make the luring of high-end talent to PHI more difficult because of the amount of money tied up in meh talent. 

I'm looking at it this way. 

Philadelphia Flyers fan-base welcome your new whipping boy until 2027! Rasmus Ristolainen. 

I look forward to seeing what puns and insults we come up with . 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

I'm looking at it this way. 

Philadelphia Flyers fan-base welcome your new whipping boy until 2027! Rasmus Ristolainen. 

I look forward to seeing what puns and insults we come up with . 

I thought we started last July.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

Zero hockey sense, out of position, HORRIBLE skater, especially backwards. He represents everything that is wrong with the current Flyer management team!

all the reasons the front office love him. They completely relate

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Good Post 1

On 3/10/2022 at 11:06 AM, GratefulFlyers said:

Great and now trade Sanheim. Sure jettison all the young players, fill the roster with morons. Slow and stupid that's the way to go. Fletcher is rapidly approaching Worst Flyers' GM ever. And that's no easy feat.

Image result for john belushi animal house fat and stupid

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

Fisto Rimalovinin

You summed it up well.  I cannot tell you how much I hate this signing.   I hated him before there was any thought of his coming to the Flyers.  I hated the trade.  I hate him as a Flyer. I hate his parents.  I hate his school teachers.  And I hate Chuck Fletcher.

You know what at this point?  I'm not kidding in my signature.   I hate the Flyers.   

While I'm a ball full of hate, I also hate Comcast.

• Like 2