(Current rostered players on) Tort's must go list?

Samifan

I think the Sanheim contract was incredibly dumb, but I think all contracts longer than five years are incredibly dumb, bar a few foundational players.  It won’t be DeAngelo dumb until they have to include a 2nd, 3rd, and 7th to trade Sanheim away or if Sanheim punches out Hart tomorrow.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

I disagree with DiGrazio far more often than I agree with him.   Simply dumb tweets on their face.    At least we know who tucson83 is.

Say what you want about Risto but I have seen progress with his game as a defender.

Sure he is still a bottom pair D man. I am still waiting for anything showing progress in Sanheim's game.

So I have to agree with him.

Flyers may just have a bigger market for Risto than Sanehim. Can't say for sure.

But I would be ok with both of them being gone.

8 minutes ago, radoran said:

I just say they could have kept Ghost and added Chychrun and avoided the entire Ristolangelo thing altogether.

200.gif

There you go making sense again but Chuck insisted on new deck chairs he had money to spend...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, radoran said:

I just say they could have kept Ghost and added Chychrun and avoided the entire Ristolangelo thing altogether.

200.gif

See, this is why there is absolutely no argument for me when comparing Sanheim, Risto, and even Tony DeAhole.

It's about what they gave up.

Other than the pick itself to draft him, what did they give up to get Sanheim?  Okay, I'm not arguing against the contract itself; it's too long.  But he was a young, decent 2nd pair defenseman when the did it.   His game has faded since, but so has much of the team's.   No doubt, though, it's a bad contract.

Risto sucks.  I know people imagine he's been better but he's still on an absurd contract and playing THIRD PAIR on the Philadelphia Flyers, who suck so bad we're whining about the second pair.   And we gave up 2 defensemen and a truck load of picks to get him in the first place.   I cannot put Sanheim's contract anywhere near the same plane of suckage that Risto's is.   Risto's is at least one of Dante's circles.

Tony DeAhole -- it's only two years, so it's not the contract (which is horrible) as much as the picks that were given up and the sheer idiocy of the acquisition to begin with.

In order of decreasing contract suckage:

1.  Risto

7.  DeAhole

8.  Sanheim

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ruxpin said:

See, this is why there is absolutely no argument for me when comparing Sanheim, Risto, and even Tony DeAhole.

It's about what they gave up.

Other than the pick itself to draft him, what did they give up to get Sanheim?  Okay, I'm not arguing against the contract itself; it's too long.  But he was a young, decent 2nd pair defenseman when the did it.   His game has faded since, but so has much of the team's.   No doubt, though, it's a bad contract.

Risto sucks.  I know people imagine he's been better but he's still on an absurd contract and playing THIRD PAIR on the Philadelphia Flyers, who suck so bad we're whining about the second pair.   And we gave up 2 defensemen and a truck load of picks to get him in the first place.   I cannot put Sanheim's contract anywhere near the same plane of suckage that Risto's is.   Risto's is at least one of Dante's circles.

Tony DeAhole -- it's only two years, so it's not the contract (which is horrible) as much as the picks that were given up and the sheer idiocy of the acquisition to begin with.

In order of decreasing contract suckage:

1.  Risto

7.  DeAhole

8.  Sanheim

If Risto was making 2-3 million playing third pair, that's about the fair market price. Soyheim needs to be providing alot more offense and also be on the top PP unit to make up for his defensive deficiencies and soft play. If you are average defensively, then you better offset that with offensive production.

3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Brant Clark call the Kings offer them the moon and the sun just secure the kid.

Flyers could pair Clark Andrea and have the top pair for the next decade.

These two could move the puck quickly.

Brandt Clarke had 1g 2 a last night, including setting up the winner with 9 seconds left in a 5-4 Barrie series win. Clarke was voted smartest player, 2nd year in a row in the coaches poll, and best offensive defenceman, 2nd year in a row. He still leads the OHL in scoring, averaging 3 1/2 ppg. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, JR Ewing said:

I make trades like this on Franchise Hockey Manager all the time. In real life, it's not so easy to do, because there's not really much there to interest the Kings.

Are you saying Risto and Deslauriers doesn't get it done?   What if we through in Seeler?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, radoran said:

Seeler is far too valuable - it would almost be like trading Cap'n Laughts.

Just can't do it.

Lebron No GIF by Uninterrupted

CoachX refers to him as Laughtsie.

But once next season starts, he'll have to call him Cap'n Laughtsie.

• Haha 1

Flyers' DeAngelo: I respect Tortorella but 5-game scratch is 'ridiculous'

Kayla Douglas

Philadelphia Flyers defenseman Tony DeAngelo wasn't happy that head coach John Tortorella made him a health scratch for the last five games of the season, but he plans on being back in the City of Brotherly Love.

"My whole life, I've wanted to be a Flyer, and now I am, so I don't take it for granted at all," he told reporters during his end-of-season media availability. "It's something that means a lot to me so I'm not gonna let any relationship stuff get in the way.

"He's the coach of the team, so you've gotta respect that, and I respect what he does. Do I agree with it, what happened in the last five games?

Absolutely not. I think it's ridiculous that I didn't play in the last five."

DeAngelo's final game of the campaign was the Flyers' 4-2 loss to the St. Louis Blues on April 4.

The native of New Jersey added he was sure Tortorella had reasons for sitting him, but they didn't talk about it "a whole lot."

DeAngelo also missed four straight games earlier in the season; the Flyers listed him as a healthy scratch on Dec. 9 but later gave him non-roster status due to personal reasons.

DeAngelo led all Philadelphia blue-liners with 42 points in 70 games this season, but he was also a team-worst minus-27 while averaging 22 minutes of ice time per contest. His minus-15.1 defensive goals above replacement was the worst mark among all NHL skaters in 2022-23, according to Evolving Hockey.

Tortorella said in February the Flyers needed to work with DeAngelo on his defensive game.

Philadelphia acquired DeAngelo and a seventh-round pick from the Carolina Hurricanes in the offseason in exchange for second-, third-, and fourth-selections.

The Flyers then signed him to a two-year deal with an average annual value of $5 million. The 27-year-old is set to become an unrestricted free agent next summer.

Philadelphia went 31-38-13 in Tortorella's first season at the helm, finishing 17 points outside of a playoff spot.

The organization fired general manager Chuck Fletcher in March and replaced him with Daniel Briere.

https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/2628362

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, JR Ewing said:

Flyers' DeAngelo: I respect Tortorella but 5-game scratch is 'ridiculous'

Kayla Douglas
2–3 minutes

Philadelphia Flyers defenseman Tony DeAngelo wasn't happy that head coach John Tortorella made him a health scratch for the last five games of the season, but he plans on being back in the City of Brotherly Love.

"My whole life, I've wanted to be a Flyer, and now I am, so I don't take it for granted at all," he told reporters during his end-of-season media availability. "It's something that means a lot to me so I'm not gonna let any relationship stuff get in the way.

"He's the coach of the team, so you've gotta respect that, and I respect what he does. Do I agree with it, what happened in the last five games?

Absolutely not. I think it's ridiculous that I didn't play in the last five."

DeAngelo's final game of the campaign was the Flyers' 4-2 loss to the St. Louis Blues on April 4.

The native of New Jersey added he was sure Tortorella had reasons for sitting him, but they didn't talk about it "a whole lot."

DeAngelo also missed four straight games earlier in the season; the Flyers listed him as a healthy scratch on Dec. 9 but later gave him non-roster status due to personal reasons.

DeAngelo led all Philadelphia blue-liners with 42 points in 70 games this season, but he was also a team-worst minus-27 while averaging 22 minutes of ice time per contest. His minus-15.1 defensive goals above replacement was the worst mark among all NHL skaters in 2022-23, according to Evolving Hockey.

Tortorella said in February the Flyers needed to work with DeAngelo on his defensive game.

Philadelphia acquired DeAngelo and a seventh-round pick from the Carolina Hurricanes in the offseason in exchange for second-, third-, and fourth-selections.

The Flyers then signed him to a two-year deal with an average annual value of $5 million. The 27-year-old is set to become an unrestricted free agent next summer.

Philadelphia went 31-38-13 in Tortorella's first season at the helm, finishing 17 points outside of a playoff spot.

The organization fired general manager Chuck Fletcher in March and replaced him with Daniel Briere.

https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/2628362

It's not even like they could make the argument someone had to sit so they could take a look at a kid.  I mean, Ginning played a game, but otherwise it was the stumps.

This had to be completely about DeAhole. I wonder who he donkey punched in the locker room.

Just now, ruxpin said:

It's not even like they could make the argument someone had to sit so they could take a look at a kid.  I mean, Ginning played a game, but otherwise it was the stumps.

This had to be completely about DeAhole. I wonder who he donkey punched in the locker room.

lol...

DeAngelo can complain all that he likes, but Tortorella gave him the softest zone starts of any defenseman on the team, and he was still scored on more than any of them. He is the drizzling sh|ts in his own end.

GA/60, Flyers Blueline

Braun, 2.2

Sanheim, 2.5

Seeler, 2.5

Ristolainen, 2.8

York, 2.9

Provorov, 3.4

DeAngelo, 3.9

He was just poison to the results for anybody he played many minutes with, and all received a substantial increase in GF% away from him:

Expected GF% with and without DeAngelo, minimum 200 minutes played with

Provorov: 40.5 with, 48.1% without

Sanheim: 39.3% with, 46.4% without

Seeler: 48.1% with, 52.5% without

• Like 1
  • Good Post 2

Still...unless it was something personal I agree with DeAngleo it was ridiculous for Tortorella to sit him 5 straight games. Everybody knows DeAngelo's history of being an a-hole and if that was the reason - fine.

But from a hockey standpoint? Come on. The guy blew coverage and got scored on all year - this year and every other year. Did it suddenly dawn on Tortorella in Game 76 that this guy can't play defense?

The Flyers weren't going anywhere; winning games only hurt their draft position. So why embarrass the guy at the end of the season? DeAngelo's history and Tortorella's are one and the same: both can be real assholes.

Edited by GratefulFlyers

1 hour ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Still...unless it was something personal I agree with DeAngleo it was ridiculous for Tortorella to sit him 5 straight games. Everybody knows DeAngelo's history of being an a-hole and if that was the reason - fine

Pretty obvious to me that this played some part, we just won't know the specifics. Worst part is it once again shows the Flyers will ignore the the known flaws of a player in hopes they will be different

1 hour ago, GratefulFlyers said:

So why embarrass the guy at the end of the season? DeAngelo's history and Tortorella's are one and the same: both can be real assholes.

Maybe TDA did something to bring it on. Personally,  I think it signals a change in how the team will do things moving forward.  Not placating to players is huge. I think DB and Torts are making it so difficult for players like KH and TDA that they can't wait to get out