Official: Hayes traded to Blues for 2024 6th RD

jammer2

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably isn't. Pierre LeBrun states on Twitter, that the Tony DeAngelo trade will be completed on Sunday. The Flyers would retain 50% of DeAngelo's salary. In return, the Flyers would receive a prospect (not Pesce) in return for DeAngelo.

19 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably isn't. Pierre LeBrun states on Twitter, that the Tony DeAngelo trade will be completed on Sunday. The Flyers would retain 50% of DeAngelo's salary. In return, the Flyers would receive a prospect (not Pesce) in return for DeAngelo.

Holy crap how much salary are we retaining for all these players?   What is our cap space?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TimKerrFan12 said:

Holy crap how much salary are we retaining for all these players?   What is our cap space?

Tim...A "significant" amount of salary will be retained for Hayes, apparently. How much exactly, no one seems to know. In this supposed DeAngelo trade, the Flyers would retain 50% of his salary.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Flyers are discussing a DeAngelo + for Pesce deal with Carolina, according to the mighty Eklund.

I like Pesce but he should have been the move that would have helped Ivan.

But that is fine he can help York.

But what fcuk is going to happen with Jrug?

1 minute ago, FD19372 said:

Tim...A "significant" amount of salary will be retained for Hayes, apparently. How much exactly, no one seems to know. In this supposed DeAngelo trade, the Flyers would retain 50% of his salary.

A NHL team can only retain salary on a maximum of three players at one time.

• Like 3
  • Good Post 1

Subject to the final deal, this is giving me more faith in Briere than even the Provorov deal.  Realizing that no matter what they are going to be terrible for the next 2-3 years and using cap space they don't need to grab assets that will help down the road is smart.

• Like 2

This is what I got from Charlie O'Connor from the Athletic: (posted 17 minutes ago)

It was abundantly clear that the Philadelphia Flyers would try to find Kevin Hayes a new home this summer. On Saturday afternoon, they appeared to be close to sending the 31-year-old center to the St. Louis Blues. Now, however, the trade appears to be in limbo. Here’s what you need to know:

• Per multiple sources with direct knowledge of the negotiations, the rebuilding Flyers — who already shipped out No. 1 defenseman Ivan Provorov earlier this month — planned to send Hayes and defenseman Travis Sanheim to the Blues in the deal. Philadelphia would be retaining a “significant” portion of Hayes’ $7.14 million cap hit for the next three seasons in the trade in order to make the financials more palatable to St. Louis.
  • The Flyers, per NHL rules, can retain up to 50 percent of Hayes’ cap hit in each of his remaining years.
  • Multiple sources with direct knowledge of the trade negotiations told The Athletic that a Blues defenseman was supposed to go to the Flyers along with a first-round pick in exchange for Hayes (with retention) and Sanheim. One of the sources said the Blues player invoked his no-trade clause, and as a result, the future of the deal is unclear.

In addition ....

There are five defensemen on the roster with either a full no-trade clause or a modified no-trade clause in their contracts.

The players with full no-trades are Torey Krug, Colton Parayko, Nick Leddy and Justin Faulk. The Athletic has confirmed that none of Parayko, Leddy or Faulk have been asked to waive their clause, which would be required for the Blues to make a deal.

Marco Scandella has a modified no-trade clause, which allows him to provide the Blues with a list of seven teams to which he can not be dealt. Philadelphia is not on Scandella’s list, so he has no power to veto a move to the Flyers.

That leaves Krug, 32, who played the first nine seasons of his career with Boston before signing a seven-year, $45.5 million free-agent contract with St. Louis in 2020, a year after the Bruins fell to the Blues in the Stanley Cup Final.

Krug wanted to play with a winner in St. Louis, and while that hasn’t worked out as expected, accepting a deal to a rebuilding Philadelphia franchise perhaps isn’t appealing to a player who has four years remaining on his current contract and will be 36 years old when it expires.

Krug did not immediately return a message from The Athletic. — Rutherford

RE: trade with Blues.

Flyers COULD possibly dodge a bullet in not being able to get Krug, if he indeed was the guy who put a monkey wrench in these works.
Why?
While Krug is a very good defenseman, that is only true when he is healthy, which he has had trouble doing on and off the last couple seasons.
Furthermore, at 32, and at almost the same cap hit as Hayes for the next three years, he will only continue to deteriorate, faster or slower, who knows, and likely won't be a better defender for the Flyers than what he was for the Bruins, and the Blues now.

I get fans want Hayes gone, but at least, Hayes is on the ice to actually play, and can still do many things as a centerman that Krug as a defenseman cannot.
Flyers should be going for players with upside on the blueline....that Sean Durzi that went from LA to Arizona for instance....and it cost the Yotes a second round pick....didn't the Flyers have that to give up?
Maybe Arizona takes Hayes in order to reach the cap floor? All speculation, I know, but still.

I don't see anything good from the Flyers trying to go after yet another defenseman, like Krug, who may turn out to be Ryan Ellis 2.0

Hope your Flyers aren't to Krug's liking after all and he stays away.
Philly can do better with trying to unload Hayes.

Edited by TropicalFruitGirl26

25 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

I get fans want Hayes gone, but at least, Hayes is on the ice to actually play, and can still do many things as a centerman that Krug as a defenseman cannot.

Which doesn't matter on a rebuilding team.

And is no shock Krug wants no part of.

Deal Hayes, DeAngelo, and Sanheim. agree to buy out Krug.

Get nothing else in return and I'm speechless.

Edited by radoran
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

RE: trade with Blues.

Flyers COULD possibly dodge a bullet in not being able to get Krug, if he indeed was the guy who put a monkey wrench in these works.
Why?
While Krug is a very good defenseman, that is only true when he is healthy, which he has had trouble doing on and off the last couple seasons.
Furthermore, at 32, and at almost the same cap hit as Hayes for the next three years, he will only continue to deteriorate, faster or slower, who knows, and likely won't be a better defender for the Flyers than what he was for the Bruins, and the Blues now.

Flyers should be going for players with upside on the blueline....that Sean Durzi that went from LA to Arizona for instance....and it cost the Yotes a second round pick....didn't the Flyers have that to give up?
Maybe Arizona takes Hayes in order to reach the cap floor? All speculation, I know, but still.

I don't see anything good from the Flyers trying to go after yet another defenseman, like Krug, who may turn out to be Ryan Ellis 2.0

Hope your Flyers aren't to Krug's liking after all and he stays away.
Philly can do better with trying to unload Hayes.

I believe the idea, from what I have been able to find out …. Is that the intention is to then flip him to another team.  I heard/read Florida as a possibility.

I don't think too many of Krug , Scandella et al will be around PHI for very long. 

I think the cap space is being used to acquire draft picks and maybe prospects.

I don't think I'm going to get too worked up about the players coming in on these draft trades. 

I also dont think any dudes over 27 are in any sort of long term plan. 

I know the team needs players but 3 or 4 years of Krug would be better than 8 of Sanhiem...according to many. 

I'm curious about what the trade will be or if it will even happen.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, FD19372 said:

The Flyers are supposedly getting a worthless prospect for TDA. If that's the case , they should keep him and by the deadline they could probably unload him for a third rounder or if a team loses a dman to injury before the deadline

28 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

The Flyers are supposedly getting a worthless prospect for TDA. If that's the case , they should keep him and by the deadline they could probably unload him for a third rounder or if a team loses a dman to injury before the deadline

Getting TDA off the roster is worth more than a 3rd rounder.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, radoran said:

Getting TDA off the roster is worth more than a 3rd 

Considering how bad our defense is gonna be without Soyheim and Provy, keeping TDA around until Jan or Feb in order to get a better return at the deadline is better than getting a useless prospect now. He can actually help us give up more goals for a better draft position too.

• Like 1

The fact that both the Hayes/Sanheim deal and the DeAngelo deal are being held up isn't a good sign. Hopefully Krug will sign off on a potential Florida move and we can get these moves out of the way. The last thing anyone wants is for players to be here who aren't wanted here. That can lead to a really bad locker room, especially when a guy like DeAngelo is in there.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

Considering how bad our defense is gonna be without Soyheim and Provy, keeping TDA around until Jan or Feb in order to get a better return at the deadline is better than getting a useless prospect now.

He's the worst defenseman on the team and they have Ristolainen.

He'll be scratched more than he plays if he's here.

Not worth trying to get a 3rd.