The Plight of Travis Sanheim...

I figured we have a Scott Laughton thread might as well do one for good ol Travis.

NHL TRADE RUMORS: JETS, CANUCKS INTERESTED IN TRAVIS SANHEIM

Travis Sanheim Could Become A Trade Chip for the Philadelphia Flyers - The  Hockey News

The last remaining of the 

Can they move this guy??

Does anyone want him and his contract.

Thoughts??

No one is wrong on how they feel....and what they see.

:PopcornSmiley2:
Edited by OccamsRazor

19 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I don't see the plight, except for the Flyers and the contract, as FC says. You can't blame the player for signing the contract. I think TS can be a really good top 4 NHL Dman. He's not nearly as bad as you think he is. And there's 4 other guys on the ice with him. 

• Good Post 1

7 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

I don't see the plight, except for the Flyers and the contract, as FC says.

Come on old school it's 2023 and if we don't be over dramatic and controversial well it don't sale.

I am going for clicks!!!

Besides I really think there is a chance they could move the kid maybe home to Manitoba?

33 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Come on old school it's 2023 and if we don't be over dramatic and controversial well it don't sale.

I am going for clicks!!!

Besides I really think there is a chance they could move the kid maybe home to Manitoba?

Lol, yeah I could see the Jets interested in all home grown boys, but his contract is still an impediment I think.

So I just read that piece, Sanheim's NTC only kicked in on July 1? So they should have traded him sooner. I guess they tried. The Jets have some nice prospects, I'm not saying I wouldn't talk to them about TS, but I don't think he's in the same category of others in terms of contracts we have to get rid of. 

Edited by Podein25
  • Like 1

Not a lot of teams, are lining up for a guy who is getting paid over 6 million per year. Once again, the "self-proclaimed geniuses" in the front office who know more than all, overpaid for Sanheim. Six million dollars per, for a guy who is inconsistent in his own zone, and has only 35 points as a career high to show for himself. If he wants to be paid like a top pairing defenseman, which to me.. over 6 mil per, is... then he should play like one. This isn't about potential, it's reality. He's not young by hockey terms, anymore. He's 28.

21 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

Travis doesn't have PTSD.

Has to too it's why i'm trying to do him a solid...

...mom's good cooking will heal his soul he'd be closer to home where i would move him.

I'd like to see him with solid partner like Poink. Whatever is fair back...

5 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Has to too it's why i'm trying to do him a solid...

...mom's good cooking will heal his soul he'd be closer to home where i would move him.

I'd like to see him with solid partner like Poink. Whatever is fair back...

I still think Heinola could be a dynamic NHLer, has looked very good at times for the Jets, but is on the outside looking in as far as a position on the D rotation goes. Heinola plus picks would work for me maybe.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

I figured we have a Scott Laughton thread might as well do one for good ol Travis.

NHL TRADE RUMORS: JETS, CANUCKS INTERESTED IN TRAVIS SANHEIM

Travis Sanheim Could Become A Trade Chip for the Philadelphia Flyers - The  Hockey News

The last remaining of the 

Can they move this guy??

Does anyone want him and his contract.

Thoughts??

:PopcornSmiley2:

everyone who disagrees with me is wrong....and blind

FIFY! :smileyandcomputer:

• Haha 1

If deployed properly, Sanheim has his use. He absolutely shouldn't be on the ice against the tough competition, though:

image.png

Among Flyers defensemen, Tortorella gave Sanheim top pairing minutes against the elites, and that's a problem. He's a very good 3rd pairing defenseman being paid like a top-pairing defenseman.

That's another problem.

Edited by JR Ewing
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, JR Ewing said:

If deployed properly, Sanheim has his use. He absolutely shouldn't be on the ice against the tough competition, though:

image.png

Among Flyers defensemen, Tortorella gave Sanheim top pairing minutes against the elites, and that's a problem. He's a very good 3rd pairing defenseman being paid like a top-pairing defenseman.

That's another problem.

Run the model for  20-21 and 21-22

• Like 1

Well you really don't want a middle of the pack D man signed to that kind of term when you're launching a rebuild. He becomes a bad measuring stick for every guy who wants a new contract and thinks "I'm better than him". It's just too much term. So if you can move him you move him but it's not as essential as moving Hayes, JVR and DeAngelo and there's only one left to go there. 

If the Jets or Canucks actually want him, make it so. 

Myers and a first and then we flip Myers at the deadline? Probably too much to ask for but I'd love it if it was that. 

• Like 1

Patiently waiting for the day I joyously read, FLYERS HAVE THE MOST CAP SPACE IN THE LEAGUE. For this to become a reality, guys like Travis have to go!! The kind of flexibility tremendous amounts of cap space can provide can take years off a rebuild!

Edited by jammer2

12 hours ago, hmc687 said:

Run the model for  20-21 and 21-22

image.png

image.png

And hell, while I'm at it, here's 2020 as well...

image.png

Edited by JR Ewing
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, JR Ewing said:

image.png

image.png

And hell, while I'm at it, here's 2020 as well...

image.png

No denying he got caved last year...previously he wasn't winning but he wasn't getting smoked either, and in some cases (and this if funny to me), paired with Phillipe Myers, he was pretty good.  I remember thinking, that pairing could be pretty good and then the league caught on the Phil thinks the game a tick too slowly and began really dumping to and entering on his side. Then he was traded for an LTIR contract

sigh, good times.

Edited by mojo1917
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

No denying he got caved last year...previously he wasn't winning but he wasn't getting smoked either, and in some cases (and this if funny to me), paired with Phillipe Myers, he was pretty good.  I remember thinking, that pairing could be pretty good and then the league caught on the Phil thinks the game a tick too slowly and began really dumping to and entering on his side. Then he was traded for an LTIR contract

sigh, good times.

re: Sanheim... It's the classic "I like the player but I don't like the contract".

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, JR Ewing said:

re: Sanheim... It's the classic "I like the player but I don't like the contract".

I think if this kid was ever to get a stay at home type guy to play off of where maybe he could come out of his offensive cocoon then you could see more value in his contract as of now Flyers don't have that type of defenseman.

So if another team had that type of guy already maybe they would be interested in him for their top 4 but i'm not sure if that would be the Flames and Canucks.

• Like 2

I like Sanheim and I don’t mind the contract, not enough to trade him for what he’d fetch anyway. What I do hate is his Neanderthal partner. It’s hard to drive play and take chances in the offensive zone if you’re wondering whether Ristolainen has made it across the red line yet. 

• Like 1

Hate to see this happen to one of Sanheim’s best friends.

But he did his best and injuries can take a toll.

I wish him the best Sanheim needs to be thankful he made it to get his pay day Sam never will.

• 1 month later...