2023-24 Philadelphia Flyers

2 hours ago, GratefulFlyers said:

@CoachX If I were you I’d start mentally preparing myself now for Scott Laughton’s promotion, either on the bench or into the Flyers’ front office. The odds they offer him one or the other are about 100%. 😆

1 hour ago, FLYERS67 said:

And then there's the statue they'll be erecting!! 

And then there will be the mandatory retiring of his number and bobblehead give away 😁🤣

2 hours ago, FLYERS67 said:

And then there's the statue they'll be erecting!! 

That's no statue...

image.gif

On 8/23/2023 at 1:58 PM, flyercanuck said:

Mildly realistic #Flyers roster in three years time

Gauthier-Michkov-Konecny

Farabee-Celebrini-Tippett

Frost-Cates-Foerster

Brink-Desnoyers-Kaplan

Deslauriers

York-Bonk

Andrae-Adam Jiricek

Zamula-Ristolainen

Ersson

Kolosov

Coach and GM: Scott Laughton

This just totally undervalues Laughts - dude will still be playing while being coach and GM.

And he'll also play basketball for the Sixers to replace James Harden on off nights and is in negotiation to get a game day contract for the Eagles while designing the new 76Place arena.

And that's only one week.

Dude is unstoppable.

Don't even get me started on Nick Seeler.

:5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

• Like 2

So I was just day dreaming today, counting the days until hockey returns and I was just thinking...........

What is Coots comes back and plays like Coots can play?

What if Atkinson comes back and puts up 2018 type numbers again?

What if Peterson has a bounce back year and so does Hart?

What if all the young guys take a step forward all at once?

What if Staal and Walker still have something in the tank and Risto finally gets it?

What if Hathaway is a perfect fit and the bottom end of this roster intimidates the hell out of the soft teams like Toronto and Buffalo etc.?

What if some rookie surprises us?

It's just possible we might not suck.

(ya, I know, but ya gotta dream, and nothing here's impossible, it's not like I said what if Ellis can play or anything)

• Like 2

16 hours ago, GrittyForever said:

So I was just day dreaming today, counting the days until hockey returns and I was just thinking...........

What if Staal and Walker still have something in the tank and Risto finally gets it?

What if Hathaway is a perfect fit and the bottom end of this roster intimidates the hell out of the soft teams like Toronto and Buffalo etc.?

(ya, I know, but ya gotta dream, and nothing here's impossible, it's not like I said what if Ellis can play or anything)

What if I had a square ass... I'd shat bricks. 

23 hours ago, GrittyForever said:

What if...Risto finally gets it?

Bwahahahahahahahaha!

He might be the dumbest hockey player to ever play in the NHL! He's a menace.

So, the only thing that can help him "get it" is a stellar D partner who makes up for his braindead mistakes. And I'm not seeing anyone that fits the bill. Staal is too old and too slow, for example, to do all that needs doing with Risto out there.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

Bwahahahahahahahaha!

So, the only thing that can help him "get it" is a stellar D partner who makes up for his braindead mistakes. And I'm not seeing anyone that fits the bill. Staal is too old and too slow, for example, to do all that needs doing with Risto out there.

Don't worry he has Soyheim as his partner and they are our top pair dmen.

• Uggh... 1

On 8/28/2023 at 2:15 PM, GrittyForever said:

It's not out of the realm of possibilities. 

I would not count on Peterson, I don't even think he is on the NHL roster after camp #teamErsson.

I think Joel Farabee will be dramatically better this season.  He's got talent, he couldn't train last offseason and came back from the Eichel neck surgery and was "fine" but... I think with an offseason to train he'll be stronger and much improved. He's got a good attitude and there isn't a Hayesy in the room to keep him from receiving the message any more. I think he earns his contract this season and is a bargain at the end of it. 

Between Walker and Staal...I think Walker has the best shot to play himself into middle pairing minutes and maybe even become a trade commodity if the team blows at the deadline.  I like the Staal signing well enough too. He will be able to be a mentor on the bench, I think that's something that has been lacking since Niskanen hung them up. Provorov has all the talent anyone could want but he's not wired to be a leader.  I think a guy that has played at an NHL mid-pairling caliber for much of his career could be a positive influence on the youngsters.  I also think Emil Anderea will be on the opening night roster. That's my surprise special. That kid plays with hate and I'm here for it. 

I do think Hathaway works out. I liked him on other teams I think I'll really like him playing for my favorite. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Podein25 said:

Ya of course, that's why I said "what if". Just trying to stay positive going in to what will probably be a very long year.

Dumbest ever though? idk, I'm pretty old and remember some really dumb guys. I'd suggest maybe Tiger Williams. I still remember an interview with him where he said "metaphor? what's that a rock?" and it wasn't a joke. 

Our own Moose Dupont would definitely be in the running as well. 

1 hour ago, mojo1917 said:

It's not out of the realm of possibilities. 

I would not count on Peterson, I don't even think he is on the NHL roster after camp #teamErsson.

I think Joel Farabee will be dramatically better this season.  He's got talent, he couldn't train last offseason and came back from the Eichel neck surgery and was "fine" but... I think with an offseason to train he'll be stronger and much improved. He's got a good attitude and there isn't a Hayesy in the room to keep him from receiving the message any more. I think he earns his contract this season and is a bargain at the end of it. 

Between Walker and Staal...I think Walker has the best shot to play himself into middle pairing minutes and maybe even become a trade commodity if the team blows at the deadline.  I like the Staal signing well enough too. He will be able to be a mentor on the bench, I think that's something that has been lacking since Niskanen hung them up. Provorov has all the talent anyone could want but he's not wired to be a leader.  I think a guy that has played at an NHL mid-pairling caliber for much of his career could be a positive influence on the youngsters.  I also think Emil Anderea will be on the opening night roster. That's my surprise special. That kid plays with hate and I'm here for it. 

I do think Hathaway works out. I liked him on other teams I think I'll really like him playing for my favorite. 

Ya, I'm not counting on any of those things just hoping and thinking it's not totally impossible. Improbable, but not impossible. 

5 minutes ago, GrittyForever said:

Ya of course, that's why I said "what if". Just trying to stay positive going in to what will probably be a very long year.

Dumbest ever though? idk, I'm pretty old and remember some really dumb guys. I'd suggest maybe Tiger Williams. I still remember an interview with him where he said "metaphor? what's that a rock?" and it wasn't a joke. 

Yeah, fair. RR is pretty dumb though, especially as a hockey player.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, GrittyForever said:

Can't remember if it was Shultz or Dupont, pretty sure it was one of them used to call Borje Salming, from Sweden, "Swiss cheese".

3 hours ago, GrittyForever said:

Leave the Moose out of it. All hockey players were dumb in the 70's. Some were just more stupider.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, flyer4ever said:

Leave the Moose out of it. All hockey players were dumb in the 70's. Some were just more stupider.

No way does he get a pass. There's an old Monty Python sketch I remember watching back then where they make fun of football (soccer) players. The interviewer asks all these long serious questions and the player just goes "I kicked the ball.......and it was in the back of the net". It was just after I first saw that I remember a post game Moose interview and with a dumb grin on his face I remember him saying "I shot the puck.......and it was in the net". I kid not. Dumb as a post. 

• 2 weeks later...