Hart on leave…

31 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

Sure, fair.

But I also reserve the right to blame Lindros who, last I checked, is Canadian. He's probably from London! 

I'd blame Mike Richards giving UPENN coed lessons, but he was in custody at the boarder with a bunch of ludes at the time.

(Can you imagine if this site--this post-- ever came up in a Google search? If so, my real name is Steve Coates)

Edited by ruxpin
  • Haha 4

20 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

Interesting question. Probably? I will ask my lawyer girlfriend. 

But let's say the answer is yes they could sue HC for damages. They'd get like 12 bucks, some Tim's donuts, and a case of beer.

If it's Molson, I think I'd vacate the case.

Edited by ruxpin
  • Like 1

Pure speculation on my part, no one has mentioned it, BUT could this whole **** show be  the main reason why Cutter did not want to play here??

More pure speculation...but IF that was Cutters reason...could it have nothing to do with Harts guilt or innocence, but rather the Flyers attitude towards the investigation? 

Dont shoot the messenger....just throwing it out there. When you really think about it, a mess like this would not be casually thrown around as a reason to not want to play for a team. It would be guarded and shrouded in secrecy. Kinda makes sense when you think about it....

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1
  • Uggh... 1

3 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

Pure speculation on my part, no one has mentioned it, BUT could this whole **** show be  the main reason why Cutter did not want to play here??

More pure speculation...but IF that was Cutters reason...could it have nothing to do with Harts guilt or innocence, but rather the Flyers attitude towards the investigation? 

Dont shoot the messenger....just throwing it out there. When you really think about it, a mess like this would not be casually thrown around as a reason to not want to play for a team. It would be guarded and shrouded in secrecy. Kinda makes sense when you think about it....

Very interesting perspective and thought process here….. gonna have to mull over this one.  

It is a very interesting theory…….

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

I'm glad they got Drysdale out of it, then.

#silverlining

Things do start to fall into place.

Shutting down social media.

Erratic play.

It's almost like he knew something was coming.

His lawyers say he didn't do it and I'll go with innocent until proven guilty, but there's going to be a reckoning here somewhere, sometime, and probably soon.

That said - and the public line is probably not true - the whole concept that they've never in any way shape or form ever talked to him about anything having to do with this situation seems borderline irresponsible.

THAT said, he was drafted two years before this happened.

• Like 2
  • Good Post 1

7 hours ago, hmc687 said:

We'll see what the court finds, but I won't be calling for Hart to be thrown in jail "like the rest of them" until the trial ends.  Wrongful accusations DO happen.  People lie.  Money complicates things.

Why do I think you won't be even after the trial ends?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, radoran said:

I'm glad they got Drysdale out of it, then.

#silverlining

Things do start to fall into place.

Shutting down social media.

Erratic play.

It's almost like he knew something was coming.

His lawyers say he didn't do it and I'll go with innocent until proven guilty, but there's going to be a reckoning here somewhere, sometime, and probably soon.

That said - and the public line is probably not true - the whole concept that they've never in any way shape or form ever talked to him about anything having to do with this situation seems borderline irresponsible.

THAT said, he was drafted two years before this happened.

As far as I can see, the reckoning comes February 5th. That's the date London Police have scheduled a press conference to discuss the matter to the media. 

There is supposedly video of the female in question stating it was consensual. Not sure how much that matters really...under duress etc. 

I do know 🚔 dont usually bring charges in cases like this if its a "he said, she said" kinda thing, especially knowing how effective multi million dollar lawyers can be. Wasting the Courts time, when its questionable whether a conviction can be acquired is a real thing. If they proceed, they indeed have some respectable evidence. Not sure how much the video shows, but it will tell who was present...maybe. 

53 minutes ago, radoran said:

....the whole concept that they've never in any way shape or form ever talked to him about anything having to do with this situation seems borderline irresponsible.

It just doesn't seem believable.

Carter's name was being thrown around at various points about potentially being involved in this, including on this forum. 

DB's presser today on this is completely underwhelming on all fronts. Doesn't know anything. Carter who?

17 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

It just doesn't seem believable.

Carter's name was being thrown around at various points about potentially being involved in this, including on this forum. 

DB's presser today on this is completely underwhelming on all fronts. Doesn't know anything. Carter who?

Yeah, but I'm not sure what else he can say, you know?  I'm sure he's under instruction from corporate counsel on this.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Yeah, but I'm not sure what else he can say, you know?  I'm sure he's under instruction from corporate counsel on this.

Yeah, fair enough.

I guess they had to do a press conference, but a press conference where you read a two sentence statement that says you have nothing to say but will take questions, and then when questioned say you know nothing, just creates cynicism.

Unavoidable I guess.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

then when questioned say you know nothing, just creates cynicism.

The correct answer is what they said: "direct any questions you may have to the league."

Over and over again.

Until they ask something else.

Saying you know nothing is saying something when you should say nothing.

Edited by radoran
  • Like 3

So, you're the actual GM, but you did not inquire whatsoever? No need to construct a workable time-line? In the middle of a playoff push/rebuild the need to get details didn't arise? Pfffft ...I would have respected no comment much more.

Nobody believes this nonsense. Let me play it back so I can see how you look when lying...lol. Danny lost some credibility there. Admittedly a tough topic to slug through, but did not come out selling like roses. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

Danny lost some credibility there. Admittedly a tough topic to slug through, but did not come out selling like roses. 

I think more the latter than the former.

It's a tough topic. He's in a first time hot seat he had nothing to do with making.

Just needs good PR folks to say "just say nothing" and mean it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, hmc687 said:

This is clearly the case here, too.

Just look at @mkscrewy comments..."he can go to jail like the rest of them".  Implications are already that he's guilty.  Let me be clear since youre having trouble rationing.

Carter Hart, and 4 other players, are being accused of sexual assault.  As of today, Carter is NOT guilty of anything so he is not like "the rest of them" because he is not a proven rapist or sexual assaulter.

It may come to light that what Carter did was reprehensible and in such case you can refer to him as a criminal...like you already have.

It may also come to light that Carter and perhaps all of the players are innocent.  Perhaps the woman involved waited years to report the event because now a lawsuit carries significant financial gain.

We'll see what the court finds, but I won't be calling for Hart to be thrown in jail "like the rest of them" until the trial ends.  Wrongful accusations DO happen.  People lie.  Money complicates things.

This guy is borderline kuato. Learn to ***** read jackass. 

Briere is in a no win situation here. He gave the only answer he could give (and you can bet the legal department from birth the league and the team provided him with what he can/can't say), he couldn't move Hart because of the investigation and he can't terminate the contract because Hart hasn't done anything wrong (he hasn't been charged yet and there's no criminal conviction).

Gut feeling is that all of these guys go on a suspended/inactive list and they've probably played their last games as NHL players, even if they're going not guilty. The league won't want them and the scrutiny that they'd bring with them. 

These guys should have known better. They put themselves in this position and they need to look in a mirror and do soccer real serious self assessment. 

• Like 3
  • Good Post 1

9 hours ago, radoran said:

...direct any questions you may have to the league

Yes, if you're going to say nothing you go full legal and say this, in which case you prolly don't even hold a presser. 

Edited by Podein25

9 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

Yes, if you're going to say nothing you go full legal and say this, in which case you prolly don't even hold a presser. 

As I understand it, the presser was scheduled before this happened. The standard "midseason update."

Just sort of morphed into something significantly different...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

So glad they didn't have cells phone in the early 90s in my 20s...

...not for me but for my friends I'm as clean as the driven snow...

😀

I let someone lie about me having a web camera in my apartment once and it saved me a headache. Circa 2010, I took a girl from work home from a work party. We ended up dating for like a few months and hooking up regularly, but it was hush hush because work, even though we were different departments 

Shortly thereafter. folks from work saw us out together and the rumor mill started so we stopped(wasn't going anywhere anyways).

I'm not sure why, maybe she didn't like the rumor mill tarnishing her reputation as a sweet young innocent girl, but she lied to a bunch of people and told them it only happened once and that she was blackout drunk and that I had taken advantage of her.

I started getting the cold shoulder at work and not being invited out to the work drinking nights and I had no idea why. Eventually one of the girls at work, whom my roommate Cam asked why she was acting like such an asshole to me, blew up and me and told him the ******** story.

My roommate, God bless his soul, knew she was over regularly and that it was ********, but he went the extra mile. First he told that girl "lol, ask Koji to read his Blackberry messenger history and you will see that girl was regularly coming over for friends with benefits **** stone sober in the middle of the day. And i should know, I had to listen to them after backshifts.... ".

He approached the girl in question and warned her that big gaming computer setup in my room also recorded everything we did and that i had videos of her jumping all over me stone sober.

It was ********. I'd never record anyone. But my gaming setup being right by my bed made it believable enough that she frantically started Messaging me later that day LOL. My roommate filled me in that he had let that ******** that i recorded her slip just so she would believe i would have evidence against  lies.

I was kinda fuming and stressed by this point, but I had to play along. I just told her I refuse to answer by text and if she wanted to talk she could meet me for coffee to "clear up" some things.

That conversation was.....I'll say funny. 

The other girl from work approached me and asked to read my BBM history  

Long story short, my name was cleared in the court of public opinion and i was invited back out to work drinking nights lol. But my God that was a stressful stretch.

• Uggh... 2

One of the things that has surprised me about coverage/discussion is whether charges (if made) will be strictly related to sexual battery or "other," which might include withholding of evidence, conspiracy to withhold evidence (i.e., they colluded in cover-up), or even intimidation of witnesses?  My read of several pieces says that as is so often the case in rape, this mess centers around the consensual/non-consensual issue, particularly when it became, if I can be polite, multi-partner after it was one-on-one.  Proving those charges may be tough, and God only knows what that puts the alleged victim through.  The other angles might be present, and speak to what must have been a really awful organizational climate.  I might add that from an employment perspective, these kinds of charges might be as bad as battery charges.  

That is one guy's take...and I am not a lawyer, so take what I say with a poop load of salt. 

Howie

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

One of the things that has surprised me about coverage/discussion is whether charges (if made) will be strictly related to sexual battery or "other," which might include withholding of evidence, conspiracy to withhold evidence (i.e., they colluded in cover-up), or even intimidation of witnesses?  My read of several pieces says that as is so often the case in rape, this mess centers around the consensual/non-consensual issue, particularly when it became, if I can be polite, multi-partner after it was one-on-one.  Proving those charges may be tough, and God only knows what that puts the alleged victim through.  The other angles might be present, and speak to what must have been a really awful organizational climate.  I might add that from an employment perspective, these kinds of charges might be as bad as battery charges.  

That is one guy's take...and I am not a lawyer, so take what I say with a poop load of salt. 

Howie

What's going to make this really ugly is that there's apparently video of the sex and there's all the text messages between a player (I think it's Formenton) and the woman and the woman admits she had a good time and was sober. Regardless of whether they guilty or innocent, I think it's safe to say that their NHL careers are probably over. 

Edited by BobbyClarkeFan16
  • Like 1