Flyers 2023-24 Trade deadline moves/predictions

On 3/3/2024 at 1:54 PM, GratefulFlyers said:

hmph! Typical casual fan…only appreciates the goal scorers… 😋

Imagine what a great shot blocker Tortorella could turn McDavid into with that speed! 🤔

• Haha 1

Scott Laughton has tallied 12 points in the last 11 games (5g,7a). He leads the club in points and ranks second in goals since February 8.

TRADE HIM NOW HIS VALUE WILL NEVER BE HIGHER!!!

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Scott Laughton has tallied 12 points in the last 11 games (5g,7a). He leads the club in points and ranks second in goals since February 8.

TRADE HIM NOW HIS VALUE WILL NEVER BE HIGHER!!!

He really was due for this. His shooting % has always been double digits and he has poked along at 5-6% all year. The odds say the Goals would come. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jammer2 said:

He really was due for this. His shooting % has always been double digits and he has poked along at 5-6% all year. The odds say the Goals would come. 

Friedman on Spittin’ Chiclets: “EDM offered a 1st for Tanev but CGY had to take a player (likely Ceci), but CGY didn’t want that deal. I believe they have done something similar with Philly for either Walker or Seeler. We’re interested, here’s the 1st but u have to take a guy.”

I am exhausted by all this discussion.  Really.  I just want it over.  

This may distill to the "usual suspect" rentals versus the "core."  I could see TK go.  Age.  At peak.  What will he be in 3-5 years?  We get a first and prospect/draft and move on.  Perhaps the same for Laughton with less of a return.  If Mr. Shot Block and Walker go, fine.  The PHLY crew discussed the former yesterday.  If we pay over 1.5 or million for the dude, we are not being cap efficient.  Move him.  As for the latter--discussion of handshake deals, i.e., we move you, then you come back as a free agent, seem like BS.

Lastly--do we really have any prospects someone would want that we'd give up?  Bonk? No...other....hard to say.  

3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Friedman on Spittin’ Chiclets: “EDM offered a 1st for Tanev but CGY had to take a player (likely Ceci), but CGY didn’t want that deal. I believe they have done something similar with Philly for either Walker or Seeler. We’re interested, here’s the 1st but u have to take a guy.”

If taking a guy sweetens the pot, then go for it. As long as theres no long term lousy contract that goes with him. 

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

42 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

If taking a guy sweetens the pot, then go for it. As long as theres no long term lousy contract that goes with him. 

Exactly.

If this is on the table and Danny doesn't jump on it I will have been wrong about him and his ability to be the guy to turn it around.

I'm holding out hope that he is just waiting to be sure this is the best he can get and then pulls the trigger or otherwise it's just not a rebuild in my eyes.

They took a guy built his trade value up in a contract year don't be that team holding him when he regresses to the mean.

Dany got house money he can turn two guys into picks easily with and then just recall Attard and Ginning to plug into their spots.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Howie58 said:

I am exhausted by all this discussion.  Really.  I just want it over.  

This may distill to the "usual suspect" rentals versus the "core."  I could see TK go.  Age.  At peak.  What will he be in 3-5 years?  We get a first and prospect/draft and move on.  Perhaps the same for Laughton with less of a return.  If Mr. Shot Block and Walker go, fine.  The PHLY crew discussed the former yesterday.  If we pay over 1.5 or million for the dude, we are not being cap efficient.  Move him.  As for the latter--discussion of handshake deals, i.e., we move you, then you come back as a free agent, seem like BS.

Lastly--do we really have any prospects someone would want that we'd give up?  Bonk? No...other....hard to say.  

We already gave away one spoiled little dick, but a talented spoiled dick. Not really any left not named Bonk or Michkov. Any firsts they acquire will be late in the round. Not really mediocre busters. This great season of character building is just another setback in the big picture of winning the big prize. I am not sensing this deadline will be pushing them closer to it. Sounds like Jones has drank the corporate koolaid.

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

1 hour ago, flyer4ever said:

We already gave away one spoiled little dick, but a talented spoiled dick. Not really any left not named Bonk or Michkov. Any firsts they acquire will be late in the round. Not really mediocre busters. This great season of character building is just another setback in the big picture of winning the big prize. I am not sensing this deadline will be pushing them closer to it. Sounds like Jones has drank the corporate koolaid.

Maybe just maybe finally some good news...

Still 3 days to go, but sounds increasingly unlikely that #Flyers will be re-signing both Sean Walker and Nick Seeler. They've got a good feel now on what both will cost. Meantime, they're fielding trade offers for both and will weigh return vs. extension. One likely traded.

Posted (edited)

Well that sucks how it posted all white hard to read.

Ok I'll try again...

Frank Seravalli @frank_seravalli · 2m Still 3 days to go, but sounds increasingly unlikely that #Flyers will be re-signing both Sean Walker and Nick Seeler. They've got a good feel now on what both will cost. Meantime, they're fielding trade offers for both and will weigh return vs. extension. One likely traded.

Edited by OccamsRazor
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Well that sucks how it posted all white hard to read.

Ok I'll try again...

Frank Seravalli @frank_seravalli · 2m Still 3 days to go, but sounds increasingly unlikely that #Flyers will be re-signing both Sean Walker and Nick Seeler. They've got a good feel now on what both will cost. Meantime, they're fielding trade offers for both and will weigh return vs. extension. One likely traded.

Trade them both FFS!!!!

• Like 1
  • Good Post 2

9 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Trade them both FFS!!!!

If I believe the pundits on YouTube and elsewhere, a double-deal for them will net much more.  I wouldn't mind it.  As Flyerfan said, this is a character-building year.  

Walker is an unexpectedly good asset.  Fine.  He an still go.  Overpaying Seeler, even if he brings grit and shot-blocking, is a mistake.  For all we know, this could end up as some complicated three-way gig in a cap-challenged world.  

• Like 3
  • Good Post 1

5 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

If that guy is Ceci, do you take him? $3.25mm cap hit through next season.  I would do that as long as it’s a 1st round pick.  Anything less than a 1st, then no.

Edited by AlaskaFlyerFan
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

If that guy is Ceci, do you take him? $3.25mm cap hit through next season.  I would do that as long as it’s a 1st round pick.  Anything less than a 1st, then no.

Yep because Ceci can be buried. If Edmonton wants Walker and Seeler, I'd hope that not only do the Flyers get Edmonton's 1st, but I'm hopeful that Danny can squeeze another asset like Xavier Bourgault. 

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

59 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

Greetings:

Update to my earlier comment--if we believe the pundits including Friedman, one of the two D bros stays, it will not be both.   

I hope he is wrong...

...i want both shipped out for a nice return like both players but they will not help as much with the rebuild as the assets they can bring back.

• Like 1

I hope Danny and Keith pitch Seeler and Walker to Edmonton for a 1st this year and a 2nd in 25/26 and Broberg. Start the conversation there and possibly go down to a 3rd instead of the 2nd if they play hardball.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ctid said:

I hope Danny and Keith pitch Seeler and Walker to Edmonton for a 1st this year and a 2nd in 25/26 and Broberg. Start the conversation there and possibly go down to a 3rd instead of the 2nd if they play hardball.

If they take a player back for salary reasons then that is a fair trade.

On 3/2/2024 at 4:47 PM, radoran said:

His point, I think, was that the players shouldn't think of this as "rebuilding" and should go out and play hard regardless.

The rubber hits the road right now at the trade deadline. Are they "all in for the playoffs" or are they in a New Era of Orange?

🤔

Well said, either Briere and Jones are committed to a rebuild which they trade Walker, Seeler, and Laughton and even possibly Konecny at the deadline or they're full of ****. We'll see.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Lindbergh31 said:

Well said, either Briere and Jones are committed to a rebuild which they trade Walker, Seeler, and Laughton and even possibly Konecny at the deadline or they're full of ****. We'll see.

This reads as pretty black and white, giving an out to those living in "they're all full of sh!t" land. It's not realistic in any timeline. 

Based on what I've heard in interviews, to trade Scott Laughton the deal needs to be stupidly in the Flyers favor.

I'm not counting on that.

Walker is found money and should be traded for a maximum return if possible. If he remains, questions will need to be asked about just what the hell is the plan? He's the guy that will bring back the best return. He is the guy to sell high on if ever there was one.

Seeler, what's a #7 worth? a 3rd? Does that move the needle as a sweetener in a trade? Does a 3rd pick make the NHL? Where is his value?

The ideas floated where he and Walker get traded together iare intriguing and I'd love to see it. Especially if a top 6 forward prospect and a first are the return. Will that happen? I hope so, but will it?

Seeler should be cheap @ 2.7 aav for 3 years? something in that range. That's not killing anything with the cap going up. As long as they don't give him Andrew MacDonald money or term, I think it will be fine

He is the coach's pet, Jonesy loves him. They think Seeler's effect on the younger guys in the room is profound and they want to keep him around as an example of the way they want these young guys to go about being a pro. 

If there are plans to try to move the rejuvenated Ristolainen around the draft or F/A, I think I would be satisfied by the direction of the club. 

23 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

This reads as pretty black and white, giving an out to those living in "they're all full of sh!t" land. It's not realistic in any timeline. 

Based on what I've heard in interviews, to trade Scott Laughton the deal needs to be stupidly in the Flyers favor.

I'm not counting on that.

Walker is found money and should be traded for a maximum return if possible. If he remains, questions will need to be asked about just what the hell is the plan? He's the guy that will bring back the best return. He is the guy to sell high on if ever there was one.

Seeler, what's a #7 worth? a 3rd? Does that move the needle as a sweetener in a trade? Does a 3rd pick make the NHL? Where is his value?

The ideas floated where he and Walker get traded together iare intriguing and I'd love to see it. Especially if a top 6 forward prospect and a first are the return. Will that happen? I hope so, but will it?

Seeler should be cheap @ 2.7 aav for 3 years? something in that range. That's not killing anything with the cap going up. As long as they don't give him Andrew MacDonald money or term, I think it will be fine

He is the coach's pet, Jonesy loves him. They think Seeler's effect on the younger guys in the room is profound and they want to keep him around as an example of the way they want these young guys to go about being a pro. 

If there are plans to try to move the rejuvenated Ristolainen around the draft or F/A, I think I would be satisfied by the direction of the club. 

Seeler isn't worth anything less, than a second. If it's a player and a third, then OK, but I doubt that happens.

Flyers have recalled Adam Ginning and placed Nick Seeler on IR.

Goddamn there goes one fuggin trade awesome job Danny Jones now let's extend some damage goods.

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Seeler isn't worth anything less, than a second. If it's a player and a third, then OK, but I doubt that happens.

No worries Seeler just went on IR 

But if anyone can f uck an easy job it's Flyers management.

SMGDH

:bonkingheadonwall:

Edited by OccamsRazor
  • Good Post 1