Root for Rags tonight?

Guest trevluk

Hear me out - if the Rags win, they face the Caps, which could be a good,long, feisty series that would take its toll on both teams. The Flyers would then play FL or NJ which is a good match up for the Flyers. I would prefer to face FL but the Flyers should be able to handle NJ also. If the Rags lose tonight we would face either Caps or Sens which I dont think is as good of a match up for the Flyers. So, Go Rangers?? (it feels dirty even typing that!)

I feel confident that this team can win in 7 games against all remaining teams except for the Rags, so I can't cheer for them because I think they are the biggest obstacle to the ultimate goal (Not to mention the fact that I hate the team and their fans with ever fiber of my being!)

This is not to say that the Caps/Sens/Debbies/Panthers will be easy to beat and do not offer guarenteed access to the ECF, but after seeing how the Flyers played the Rags during the regular season, it does not make me want to see them in the playoffs long enough to face the Flyers!

• Like 1

Hear me out - if the Rags win, they face the Caps, which could be a good,long, feisty series that would take its toll on both teams. The Flyers would then play FL or NJ which is a good match up for the Flyers. I would prefer to face FL but the Flyers should be able to handle NJ also. If the Rags lose tonight we would face either Caps or Sens which I dont think is as good of a match up for the Flyers. So, Go Rangers?? (it feels dirty even typing that!)

I think the Flyers can handle Caps/Sens/Devils/Panthers. I want the strongest team out. That would obviously be the Rangers. Just my take.

I do not want to hear the "You Can't beat us" chant used against us again this year!!! For whatever reason we do not match up against the Rags, (Queen Lunkhead is in our heads for one thing) and just as we handled the Pens all year and then into the playoffs I am afraid that they will handle us in the playoffs. The Sens gave the Rags fits during the regular season and are again now. We did no such thing against them this year.

No thanks....GO SENS GO!

No chance that I root for the Rangers.

Best case? They lose tonight.

If not? I hope the next round beats them to smithereens.

I think the Sens are the perfect storm kind of match-up for the Rangers. This game is a coin-flip. Don't be surprised if the Sens win.

Besides the Rangers I think Ottawa would give the Flyers there toughest test. They have played the Flyers pretty tough this year.

They are giving the Rangers all they can handle and they are playing a very hard edged game in the post season. Chris Neil is like a wild animal out there and he's had a significant impact on the series. I think we prefer the Devils or Panthers over the Sens.

@trevluk

as much as I appreciate your idea, and it sounds plausible, I respectfully disagree. The Flyers struggled against the Rags this season for good reason. They are a good and Lundqvist is a very good goalie who had an an exceptional season this year. However, I see them as a roadblock to the ultimate goal/prize. If you can have a team such as the Sens have the potential to take this team out, I say go Sens. I want the Rags out. Period. Though, as I agree with others that have posted, out of the 3 teams, Sens, Devil, Panthers, the Sens would be the toughest match-up out of the 3. Tough call, but to have the Rags out, I will take my chances with the Sens.

So, Go Rangers??

Jesus tap dancing Christ dude, ******* reported. Why don't you just piss on a Flyers jersey while you're committing heresy.

Aside from the fact that no self respecting Flyers fan could make such an utterance.....If the goal here is to win 4 rounds, why on earth would I root for the toughest challenge left in the East to win? Don't I want them eliminated?

• Like 3

You are correct. Clearly want NYR to win tonight.

Well it's 2 zip Rags so you'll probably get your wish. Just remember this if we get to the ECF and can't solve Lundqvuist

I think we are just looking at the best plausible way to get past the next round, and that would seem to be through NJ/FL. We'll worry about the ECF if we make it that far. I could see the Caps taking down the Rags.

I think we are just looking at the best plausible way to get past the next round, and that would seem to be through NJ/FL. We'll worry about the ECF if we make it that far. I could see the Caps taking down the Rags.

And I guess I really don't see why NJ/FL is that much more of a favorable matchup for the Flyers than WAS/OTT......to say let's root for the only team left that would be favored to beat the Flyers. IMO the effect on the Flyers ability to win round 2 is minimal, at the expense of leaving the Rags in....a team the Flyers have lost 8 straight to.

Short of winning a Cup, I could care less if elimination comes in the 2nd round or the 3rd....no Cup is no Cup