# 10,14,17,19,24,48 combined 1G / 2A in the last 5 games

DAXflyer

Schenn

Couturier

Simmonds 1A

Hartnell 1G

Read 1A

Briere

WTF!!! It gets worse when you try to look for something.... anything to be positive about.

At least Grossmann still leads the league in blocked shots.... Nope, that's a Penguin now.

Schenn

Couturier

Simmonds 1A

Hartnell 1G

Read 1A

Briere

WTF!!! It gets worse when you try to look for something.... anything to be positive about.

At least Grossmann still leads the league in blocked shots.... Nope, that's a Penguin now.

ugh that is not a very good stat. and we all want to blame the defense.....well when you are not scoring goals that certainly does not help either. the defense is still bad but ..just wow.......

• Like 1

In fairness, Schenn is working hard and generating chances. Read too.

Read is playing pretty good for the injury he is coming back from considering just raising your arm above your shoulder causes screaming pain. Schenn is working hard but he needs to be able to finish too. I think you will see his effort start to pay off here shortly. I would give Read a pass on the lack of effort but they definitely need better effort from the rest of that list. The rest of that list knows it too, that is one of the things that makes it UBER frustrating.....

Schenn

Couturier

Simmonds 1A

Hartnell 1G

Read 1A

Briere

So whats your point? :ph34r:

I understand the "all fairness" comment, but really, is it fair?

The team is playing like crap. They aren't very good and managment continues to do the same idiotic things, year after year. If all we have to draw positives from is a few guys are "working hard", then we are in really bad shape. Nearly every player on this team is having a worse year than they did last season. The re-treads aren't working out. The young kids aren't producing. The superstar isn't, and the megla millionaires are going through the motions.

For me, there is only one thing that I enjoy watching this season as far as this team goes...Zac Rinaldo. The kid is a hitting machine and is playing great.

If we are going to applaud "hard work", let's start with him

Nearly every player on this team is having a worse year than they did last season.

this, /\

Almost 20 goals from Talbot was not going to happen again, he's here to be a character guy , kill penalties slide up and down the line up chip in with some goals but come on, he wasn't going to repeat last years output.

and he's just the first guy that comes to mind; i see effort from all these guys, i see Giroux diving on back checks, hustling his ass off every where, they're young and will improve, only 48 and 19 have hit their ceilings, and 19 missed a lot of the season with a broken foot.

the team has been bad but it is not from a lack of effort, at least when when i've watched.

How about an "in fairness to Simmonds" reply??

Guy has been a BEAST all season for us. I could care less what he's done in the last 5 games.....look what he did the 15 before that. If it wasn;t for simmonds and vorachek this team would have even less points than it does now....if that is even possible.

But yes OP, a very troubling stat to say the least. I say giroux has 2 golas and an assist tonight and Danny gets a goal. Assits from hartnell and simmonds, and read....

LETS GO FLYERS!!!

I understand the "all fairness" comment, but really, is it fair?

The team is playing like crap. They aren't very good and managment continues to do the same idiotic things, year after year. If all we have to draw positives from is a few guys are "working hard", then we are in really bad shape. Nearly every player on this team is having a worse year than they did last season. The re-treads aren't working out. The young kids aren't producing. The superstar isn't, and the megla millionaires are going through the motions.

For me, there is only one thing that I enjoy watching this season as far as this team goes...Zac Rinaldo. The kid is a hitting machine and is playing great.

If we are going to applaud "hard work", let's start with him

There have been several justified Rinaldo love threads, but this is about scoters not scoring - or trying in some cases.

How about an "in fairness to Simmonds" reply??

Guy has been a BEAST all season for us.

Ab-so-goddamn-LUTEly.

Every shift - every night - this guy is working his butt off. Slamming his body around, digging for loose pucks, crashing the net, fighting when it comes to that...He is so out-of-place on this team right now because he's practically the ONLY one who's playing hard shift after shift. Him and Zac Rinaldo, that's about it. Jake, yeah he's working hard too but generally in the O-zone much more than defensively. And he's not nearly as crazy-hungry for the puck as Simmonds is. I don't fault Jake for that - just a difference in temperament or personality, the way they approach the game. But as far as hard work, desire to win his shift there's nobody better than Wayne Simmonds for the Flyers right now. Him and Zac.

I get it.... we are honestly looking for the positives in face of over powering negatives. The team is playing awful but hey, some guys are really trying hard.

Problem is, from a fan perspective, this isn't what I want. I'm tired of seeing teams making the right moves and bettering their teams, and the Flyers keep doing the same retarded things.

I don't blame any of you for seeing the positives or feeling good about it, but I chose not to. When I watch these games I find myself losing interest becasue the "good effort" isn't what I watch the game for. I want to see a team that plays its ass off night in and night out. I used to say it didn't matter if the Flyers lost, as long as they beat the crap out of the other team. Essentially what i am saying is, "FIGHT!". Show some heart. take it personally.

I'm not saying I want the BS Bullies back, so don't go there. and don't bother telling me to turn off the games if i don't like it. After all these years, I, like many others have earned the right to complain. In the end, I know it doesn't make a difference. so i will just be patient and wait until it turns around. It always does. Until then, I will wait for every Rinaldo shift, because he is the only guy I see playing like he takes it personally ...just ask Ryan Malone

Read was by FAR our best forward the past few games. Guy is all over the ice, skating his heart out, throwing caution to the wind....I don't blame him for a second. Unfortunate he has not bulged the twine, but it has not been for lack of effort....love to watch that kid skate!

Schenn

Couturier

Simmonds 1A

Hartnell 1G

Read 1A

Briere

Our offense is what I had hung my hat on at the beginning of the season, knowing our defense was weak and our goaltending streaky and sporadic at best. Things would be fine, we still had a chance, it would work out. I figured, based on last season, if we could score a good number of goals and we could compensate -- the team could give itself a cushion. Now, looking at these demoralizing numbers, I'm just hanging my head.