Fun to Watch the Castoffs and Youngins

Howie58

Greetings:

So, on back-to-back nights we take out MTL and NYR. And we do with the likes of Manning and Rosehill (tonight's 3rd star) and Mason playing like he deserved the 51 million contract. They have energy and Kimmo plays like he is 10 years younger. Maybe the injuries and the early season ebbs and flows are leading to a new core that has some energy and togetherness. I suspect Mez is probably done. But we may have Gus or Manning or Lauridsen. So, even if this season is "lost" it may have some long-term payoffs.

Howie

• Like 3

I am so confused!!!! I want to win, but I want a great draft pick. I dont ever remember being torn like this. Maybe I will just avoid the sports news for the next couple of weeks and then tune in to see what the final results are. I doubt I can do that. Arghhhhhh!

I am so confused!!!! I want to win, but I want a great draft pick. I dont ever remember being torn like this. Maybe I will just avoid the sports news for the next couple of weeks and then tune in to see what the final results are. I doubt I can do that. Arghhhhhh!

I'm with you, I can't understand this freakin team, they play like **** then all of a sudden they play two great games to move further fro m getting a top 5 pick. Their chances are slim but beating Montreal and NYR was nice but I still would like to see them lose the remaining games so they get a top 5 pick. The last thing I want to see is the Flyers to miss the playoffs by 1 point. But it's nice seeing the young players get a chance to play. Mason played great tonight against the Rangers

• Like 1

Greetings:

So, on back-to-back nights we take out MTL and NYR. And we do with the likes of Manning and Rosehill (tonight's 3rd star) and Mason playing like he deserved the 51 million contract. They have energy and Kimmo plays like he is 10 years younger. Maybe the injuries and the early season ebbs and flows are leading to a new core that has some energy and togetherness. I suspect Mez is probably done. But we may have Gus or Manning or Lauridsen. So, even if this season is "lost" it may have some long-term payoffs.

Howie

Hey Howie. Thanks for that post! You know what kills me are those two games we lost just previous to these two wins - especially the loss to the Jets, who had lost something like 5 in a row before their win against us. Same thing with Ottawa - they had lost five in a row, too, before beating us on April 11. It sure would have been nice to have snagged four points from those struggling teams earlier in the month.

I'm excited to see the young D step up! Hopefully the experience they gain down the stretch can pay dividends going forward.

And, Gagne played really well, again.

I was always hopefuly that the Oliver would become the Big O and he looked really good last night. He finished his checks, was physical, cleared the porch and looked very good. Granted the one Ranger goal was due in part to his screen but he can learn.

I always though that given his size and physical play that Pronger could really work with him on positioning and his angles, etc.

As much as it behoves me to dislike these victories theres something to be said about watching a younger team play. It's one thing to have a bad year when you can see guys like Simmonds, Voracek,Giroux, the Schenns, Couturier etc struggling along but see hope in the future. It beats the heck out of wondering why your team is taking a hit of almost $20 million from Briere, Bryzgalov and Timonen and still suck..

**** it , i'm glad these guys beat the Rangers.

i don't care about no stinkin' draft. my hatred for the Rangers is exceeded only by those douche nozzles across the state.

this team needed to beat the Rangers to know what it is like, they've owned us for 2.5 years ...

we can lose all the rest now, well except if we play club scarlet but man , i liked seeing Fonzi storm down the hall .

Doom is right lady luck owes us...

@mojo1917

Hey if we win the lottery all is forgiven. But having a crap season and then blowing the draft by winning some meaningless games at the end of the year is exactly what I've watched the Leafs do since the last time we beat them out of the playoffs. And I'd bet my life their fans would prefer having players like Ovechkin, Toews and Voracek over some mediocre picks and worthless wins.

• Like 1

I so badly want to see them get a top 5 pick this year. We suffered through some horrible hockey this year, we should at least get something good out of it. This late surge is hurting their chances at that for sure, but I can't bring myself to hope for loses. It makes watching their loses more tolerable, because I can see the good side of them.

Lastnight, I wanted them to win so badly just to stick it to the Rags and their obnoxious fans! Their fans have been coming to our building all year and singing their stupid goal song during Rags goals and they have been mocking us every chance they got. Last night was so much fun beacause we finally had the chance to get under their skin, and we did a great job of it. Rags fans were flipping off the crowd, responding with "At least we are going to the playoffs", but of course I had to remind them that they were losing to the us and the Jets were winning their game again Tampa, so playoffs are not guarenteed for them. Last night's game was very theraputic! I wanted to be a part of any effort to keep that team out of the playoffs!

@Adamflyers

I'd prefer to watch Darnell Nurse paste Rangers into the boards and qb our pp for the next decade and a half.

Long term ,I totally agree, but I attended all Flyers-Rags games at WFC, and the way those ass wipes acted in our house had me out for blood! Yes, I was thinking with my heart and not my head, but damn it, that was a fun game to attend! One of the few times I can say that this year. Maybe we can start Bryz for the remaining games and lose out!

You and me both...when it's the Rangers though, it's easier to learn towards the win, for this game. Good to see Mason look so good too...put Bryz out for the rest of the games and watch him get shellacked.

• Like 1