Rumor: Coburn + 11 for Bobby Ryan being discussed

I do not include the first round pick in any trade unless it is for a top 4 defenseman. We need more consistent scoring but we also need defense more than offense. If Risto is there I take him as he has top 4 potential, plays physical and can also play on the power play.

• Like 2

That's a horrible trade, We are trading our most mobile big young defenseman and a pick in a hugely deep draft, for something we don't need. We need defense so if this trade happens we weaken our defensive game even more, and AGAIN we have no pick to draft a young dman and when Timmo retires we are again looking for a defenseman. This trade makes no sense at all. There are so many good defensemen available, if you were ever going to draft defense ,this is the year to do it. I would offer Laugton and Mez

If Ryan goes in, Hartnell goes out right? Simmonds is going nowhere.

Scott "Six-year deal with NMC" Hartnell goes out?

Only way that's happening - beyond trading for a skate sharpener - is with a compliance buyout, which would mean they don't have one to use on Bryz.

Pick your poison :)

If they do trade for a skate sharpener, you have to include Hartnell in the list of assets expended to get Ryan.

Anaheim is not going to be interested in taking on salary.

Would love to see the Flyers acquire Ryan. Put him on that top line with G & Jake - wow!

Would also love to see them look into signing Saku Koivu. He would improve their faceoff numbers a lot.

Put him on that top line with G & Jake - wow!

My only problem with that dream is Ryan plays on RW...right where Jake is so it wouldn't make a whole lot of sense to ask either one of them to play out their comfort zone on their offwing...then you'd have Simmer or Schenn and your 2nd line RW...so where really would Ryan play...some one would have to go right????

• Like 1

Anaheim is not going to be interested in taking on salary.

Would love to see the Flyers acquire Ryan. Put him on that top line with G & Jake - wow!

Would also love to see them look into signing Saku Koivu. He would improve their faceoff numbers a lot.

As a HUGE Saku Koivu fan, I would love to see him in O&B. I sort of got the impression that he was going to ride off into the Finnish sunset with Teemu.

• Like 2

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=45#.UcHvLJxgN5M

sometimes i feel like people on the interwebnets are talking to me... this is one of those times

good article from a professional writer complete with more than a couple of cliches and a few commas for those who love them.

I wonder if Meltzer checks this site out and felt compelled to tell us to calm the f down. :D

• Like 2

Meltzer also brings up a decent point about Ryan saying that he's streaky with all facets of his play much like a certain winger who was exiled to Toronto.

so we give up a pile of goodies to bring him to town, imagine the howling when he plays exactly like JvR. No thanks

Meltzer also brings up a decent point about Ryan saying that he's streaky with all facets of his play much like a certain winger who was exiled to Toronto.

so we give up a pile of goodies to bring him to town, imagine the howling when he plays exactly like JvR. No thanks

Nonsense. Complete hogwash.

I have watched Bobby Ryan out here in SoCal for a number of years now - the kid is all heart and busts it out there on the ice. He battles for the puck & does the dirty work to score goals.

He is the exact opposite of the way JvR was when he played for the Flyers. The only real similarity is that it took a little longer than expected for each of them to finally hit their stride. (I believe both of them were the #2 pick overall in their respective drafts.)

Bobby Ryan is what we all thought the Flyers were getting when they drafted JvR. (We were wrong, of course.)

• Like 2

http://www.hockeybuz...45#.UcHvLJxgN5M

sometimes i feel like people on the interwebnets are talking to me... this is one of those times

good article from a professional writer complete with more than a couple of cliches and a few commas for those who love them.

I wonder if Meltzer checks this site out and felt compelled to tell us to calm the f down. :D

I have seen Meltzer post on hfboards, not often but it's happened. I'm starting to wish he was the Flyers' GM:

"How about the Flyers, for once, deciding to be a team that shows some patience in the market? They don't HAVE to rush in and trade for Bernier at an excessive cost. Keep lots of options open, because there's a lot of potentially viable alternatives out there."

I don't have time to read through all the posts right now but why would a team (Flyers) create an even bigger hole on defense than they already have unless there was another major shoe to drop? Dump Bryz, get Bernier and see what cap we have left, if any....

• Like 1