Weekend Home & Home with the Pens

B21

I see our Flyers brethren are already getting warmed up with the officiating complaints (though that was a bad call on the Brodeur no-goal).  Don't waste all of your energy there, fellas. It's a weekend home-and-home after all. ;)

I can hear the Crosby sucks! chants already! Should be a fun weekend of hockey.

(Oh yeah - Krowall is a dirty POS who never gets punished by the NHL because the Wings are the league's darlings. I can't stand the way they skate around like their shite doesn't stink.  All starts with Babcock...I think only Tortsie complains more.) :ph34r: 

@B21 

that whole game vs the Devils was ... oddly officiated.

there was stuff called that even on replay left the viewer wondering what the hell the referee was watching, some no calls Read had a really horrible high stick early ... play on.  Brouduer falls down and Downie is seen within 10 feet, off to the box for you son... 

it was truly a poorly officiated game. the disallowed goal was the exciting climax to 60 minutes of buffoonery.

As for this weekend i guess we'll see hopefully the outcomes will be decided by the players playing hockey.

there's some stuff our team needs to figure out, like whether or not VLC needs to be "healthy" scratch is the top of the list. 

• Like 1

What is the over/under of falling down on the ice for Hartnell vs Malkin's dives? Who will have more? I know Hartnell can't skate but I also know that Malkin's diving skills are second to none.......

Edited by flyerrod

@B21 

that whole game vs the Devils was ... oddly officiated.

there was stuff called that even on replay left the viewer wondering what the hell the referee was watching, some no calls Read had a really horrible high stick early ... play on.  Brouduer falls down and Downie is seen within 10 feet, off to the box for you son... 

it was truly a poorly officiated game. the disallowed goal was the exciting climax to 60 minutes of buffoonery.

As for this weekend i guess we'll see hopefully the outcomes will be decided by the players playing hockey.

there's some stuff our team needs to figure out, like whether or not VLC needs to be "healthy" scratch is the top of the list. 

It happens. Depres  got called for interference with about 2:00 to go in the Pens' 3-2 win over the Caps.  All he did was stay in his lane and get run into by the Caps player.

But yes - hopefully we get some good officiating this weekend.

Big test for the Flyers to see if they actually belong in the playoffs or in the lottery. It's tough sledding from here on in as far as the sched goes.

As long as we don't get you in the 1st round...

@B21

I am hoping for a clean game between two quality opponents and not be decided by missed calls or incorrect calls. 

Like FC said, this weekend would be a good measuring stick for the Flyers and really show what they are made of.  If the Flyers have *any* hope of making the playoffs, they better bring their A game this weekend.  And that's mainly what I want to see from the Flyers: just a consistent, sound effort, no taking shifts off...

What is the over/under of falling down on the ice for Hartnell vs Malkin's dives? Who will have more? I know Hartnell can't skate but I also know that Malkin's diving skills are second to none.......

That is SO not true homer!! Letang can outdive Malkin any day of the week! You're just lucky he fell down too hard a couple weeks ago.

These back to backs are easily the biggest games of the season, a sweep by the Pens would be dreadful for our playoff hopes. A part of me wants this to happen, but I know we would never be bad enough to get a top 5 pick...so I'm torn....but getting blown out in the first round or getting a young sniper at LW....that's a BIG swing.

These back to backs are easily the biggest games of the season, a sweep by the Pens would be dreadful for our playoff hopes. A part of me wants this to happen, but I know we would never be bad enough to get a top 5 pick...so I'm torn....but getting blown out in the first round or getting a young sniper at LW....that's a BIG swing.

In a draft loaded with left wingers...missing postseason wouldn't break my heart. If Philly makes it I hope we draw the Pens.

@jammer2

I think going forward the team benefits more if they could grab one of those kids to eventually be the top line sniper than likely take a beating in the 1st round. I know we'd all love to see them make the playoffs, but in the long run it would be better not to.

With the schedule we have coming up, either they'll earn their way, or they'll likely drop far enough to grab one of those LWers.

Hey Sami... good to see you around these parts!

I dont think it is too optimistic and I am hoping for a split.   It is the time of the season for points and these two games are huge for the Flyers.   Lose both and there will be some serious doubt in my mind that they make the playoffs.   This final stretch is brutal - Pens, Kings, Blues, Hawks, Stars, Leafs... there are really no easy games in the remaining schedule.   Honestly, if they lose both games against the Pens I think the nail is getting ready to be hammered into the coffin. 

I am looking for Giroux to be a monster in this home at home series!!   Not going to be an easy task but one can hope.  

I just want 3 out of 4 points to get into the Pens' heads. Mason better start both games because I don't trust Emery or Heeter a bit.  As far as the playoffs, I want Crosby to be home from the playoffs in time to run for the Kentucky Derby :D . The Flyers will STILL beat them in a 7 game series, especially without a healthy Letang.

I dont care if they are in the Pens heads or not b/c they need these points.   The schedule does not favor the Flyers making the playoffs  but that is why they play the games.   I expect these games to be nasty with a playoff atmosphere.  

Honestly, I fully expect one of the two games to be a slaughter in Pitt's favor.  A 6-1 or 7-2 kind of thing where it's a close game for a bit and then the pucks go in like a line of guys to Lindsay Lohan's bedroom.

The second will be a close affair with the game decided late and the margin buffered by an empty net.  I really think the second game will go either way but I'll pretend I'm an optimist and say the Flyers take that (if it's the Flyers, no empty-netter).

I think the Flyers can obtain 4pts this weekend. 

Pens lines at practice: Kunitz-Crosby-Stempniak, Jokinen-Malkin-Gibbons, Glass-Sutter-Goc, Pyatt-Vitale-Adams. D rotated.

Neal out with a concussion

I think the Flyers can obtain 4pts this weekend. 

Pens lines at practice: Kunitz-Crosby-Stempniak, Jokinen-Malkin-Gibbons, Glass-Sutter-Goc, Pyatt-Vitale-Adams. D rotated.

Neal out with a concussion

Holy hijacked thread, Mod!  Like - for real hijacked. ;)

I just want 3 out of 4 points to get into the Pens' heads. Mason better start both games because I don't trust Emery or Heeter a bit.  As far as the playoffs, I want Crosby to be home from the playoffs in time to run for the Kentucky Derby :D . The Flyers will STILL beat them in a 7 game series, especially without a healthy Letang.

I think the consensus in your neck of the woods is that we are better without Letang. Without Letang and Paul Martin....different story.