Flyers vs NYR @ 1pm today

jammer2

His speed is off the charts. I used to stream Oceanic games when Crosby played there and McDavid is way faster. They both have elite vision, puckhandling skills etc. Last year McDavids shot was his achilles heel, but it's come a long way with the strength and weight he's added. Crosbys shot has obviously progressed considerably since he came into the NHL. There are definately a lot of similiarities in their games...last year I didn't think there was a chance he (McDavid) could match Sids level, but he's taken his game up several notches. Pretty hard to compare an 18 year old to the worlds best player...but if anyone since Crosby has a chance to be better, this is him. And if you asked me in August I'd have said no way. I still don't think its likely, but it's definately possible.

Is he as whiney and unlikeable as Sid? 

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently that usage didn't start until the '80s, stores didn't like the negative connotations of the term so they started using it themselves in a more positive way. The police and bus drivers started it in the '60s because Center City was such a madhouse.

Themoreyouknow.jpg

This team is about to be blown up after tomorrow's loss. It's coming it seems a trade would come to shake them up before Berube gets canned...this team misses a true defenseman.....you know at least one guy on the blueline who can actually play defense.

I expect Berube's gone after tomorrow's game. I thought he'd last till Christmas but why wait? Obviously these guys aren't executing for him; they're barely going thru the motions. Maybe a new HC gets these guys playing hockey again.

Flyers come out flying, taking the body, setting a savage pace. They clog up the neutral zone taking the speed advantage away from the Rags.

Mason shut out....Flyers 3  Rags 0

Goals from Cooter, Rinaldo and Streit.

Great call on the SO!!!!

Howdy:

My brother and I left after the shortie. Even Coatsey the Homer said they have hit bottom. Laughton looked fine. The rst were turkeys. Boyle and St. Louis scoring brought back memories of 2003-4.

Mason's performance was hard to judge. Boyle's blast may have been screened. He gave up a big rebound but nobody was around to clear. Nash got a perfect feed. Maybe he could have moved faster but 3 on 1...

They look listless. It is hard to figure if this is talent, coaching or whatever. But the boos were justified. This was very hard to watch.

I wonder about watching tomorrow. Hextall must be pooping bricks or in need of a barf bag. The whole is far less than the parts.

Howie

The whole is far less than the parts.

Cheers @Howie58

Yeah that seems to be the best way to understand it: no cohesion, no team" in "team." Certainly the dominant theme around here this week.

Typically the reasons for this lie beyond the ice itself, the coach has lost the room, the leadership has lost the room, the guys don't get along, they don't care about each other etc. It will be interesting to see what the coming days and weeks bring. 

Flyers come out flying, taking the body, setting a savage pace. They clog up the neutral zone taking the speed advantage away from the Rags.

Mason shut out....Flyers 3  Rags 0

Goals from Cooter, Rinaldo and Streit.

Right score. Wrong teams. But an "A" for effort to you.

Hextal quote is a beaut -  "There are no short-term fixes for this team"

well duh...we all knew that......as I said before....Thanks Homer for setting this team back at least 5 yrs. :growl:

PS... my anger and sarcasm are not directed at you HF but to Homer!

Thats very optimistic Bre. Based on the fact the Rags shut us out last week, I fear more of the same regardless of if its King Henrik or Talbot in net. Also think Mason will not be able to repeat his Garden performance. 4-0 Rags. Hextall melts down again and pulls the trigger on a trade.

I called the Flyers being shutout, horray for me.....

Aren't you the one who wants to trade away our captain and best all around player?? ;)

Aaaaaah no I never said anything about Giroux. That would be phlfly.

Guys I want gone...Vinny, RJ, Mcdud, Luke, Grossman, Coburn and someone I maybe forgetting...but imokwith G.

Aaaaaah no I never said anything about Giroux. That would be phlfly.

Guys I want gone...Vinny, RJ, Mcdud, Luke, Grossman, Coburn and someone I maybe forgetting...but imokwith G.

My bad... Guys like Grossmann, RJ, and Vinny offer practically no return - and they all have an NTC/NMC (unless RJ's didn't follow him) so it handcuffs Hexy even more. 

I would keep Coburn if only because he's a very solid 2nd pairing defender. 

In my world, I'd move MacDonald for a draft pick because we don't need a roster player in return. Dress either Schenn or Colaiacovo and you would have the same product on the ice.

My bad... Guys like Grossmann, RJ, and Vinny offer practically no return - and they all have an NTC/NMC (unless RJ's didn't follow him) so it handcuffs Hexy even more. 

Picks will suit me just find to rid the roster of some boat anchors....Grossmann is serviceable but he is just to slow and doesn't fit into future plans.

I would keep Coburn if only because he's a very solid 2nd pairing defender.

I'll just agree to disagree on this guy he has just been horrible since his return.

He looked horrible or maybe his usual self just standing by today on the first goal with Nash casually standing in the crease and he just stood by and even helped him screen Mason....dude is garbage time to trade him while you can they have won like one game since his return....since there has been no Kimmo he has really been exposed as just mediocre at best.

This team is in such a bad position and there are no easy fixes. RJ and VLC will not be picked up by anyone - repeat; Noone. Buy them out and we are still f"d with the cap hit.

Cap going down and nothing but a bunch of shitty contracts on bad players. McDud, RJ, VLC, L Schenn all need to go. This is not a year or two project folks so buckle up..

Gonna get ugly...

RJ and VLC will not be picked up by anyone - repeat; Noone. Buy them out and we are still f"d with the cap hit.

It really really sucks that no one would want them but after the season if you can't just give them away.....................you're right they can not afford to go into another season with these two on the roster....you just can't unless your plan is to tank two years in a row.

Archived