Official - Kessel to Pens for prospects, picks

pilldoc

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jesus, what a steal for the Pens.

Not impressed with Harrington. I think he is a career number 7.

Kapanen is a solid prospect.

A first, late in the draft. Essentially a crapshoot.

And the Leafs are retaining 2 million making Kessel's salary palatable.

Final deal: Kessel, Tyler Biggs, Tim Erixon and 2nd in 2016 for Kapanen, Harrington, Spaling, 1st and 3rd picks in 2016. TOR retains $1.25M/year.

I think this is a good deal for both actually, Kaepanen is a player i coveted, Spauling has  a nice middle six type game , he's versitle .  

Really i think this is the definition of a good trade.

14 players signed, with  $3,568,334 in cap space

Who are they moving on out?

Malkin?

There almost has to be another move.  I can put a roster together with 12 forwards, 7 defenseman and Fleury for just over $69,000,000 but it has some AHL guys like Bryan Rust and Scott Wilson  on the 4th line.  That's $2,000,000 for a back-up goalie and 2 4th line forwards.

I actually love this move. Kapanen is irrelevant in a win now mentality. Big defenseman coming back. Kessel will have immediate impact. Harrington and Spalling not so much.

Any moves on the horizon to clear up cap space?

I actually love this move. Kapanen is irrelevant in a win now mentality. Big defenseman coming back. Kessel will have immediate impact. Harrington and Spalling not so much.

But your team will need some salaries to shed.

But your team will need some salaries to shed.

I'm not sure about that. They're saying it's not an issue. Not a word about cap problems at all. Even critics are saying they're in a very good position right now. Spalling and Martin balance Kessel's cap hit. Scrap Erhoff and bring up Pouliot and its all good.

Just adding insult to injury for the Leafs, the Leafs had to pay Phil Kessel his $4M signing bonus today.

I think insult to injury was finding out that 1st was conditional AND they retained salary :lol:

I am assuming Holy Mackinaw is never coming back to this site now lol

Win now? Lol... dough boy is a cancer. Great job Rutherford!

How so?

Not that it matters. Locker room "cancers" win all the time. Just ask Chris Pronger.

Archived