Your Favorite Enemies

ScottM

20131024-140417-g.jpg

I think we all have certain teams that we can't stand, yet there are probably certain players on those teams that we always liked and really wished they didn't wear that sweater. So, here's the question for this thread: Who are some players that you like that you associate with a team you don't like?

Here are a few of mine:

Toronto Maple Leafs: Mats Sundin and Curtis Joseph (I know Joseph played with several teams, but for some reason I always think Toronto when I think of him.)

Buffalo Sabres: Dominik Hasek (Of course he also played for Ottawa for a season before the front office blew it, but I liked him long before that.)

Montreal Canadiens: Saku Koivu

NYI...absolutely despised Bob Nystrom...before,during and after that famous OT Cup winning goal.

Tor....Sittler, Domi (kind of a love hate thing with Tie, because I've slept at his parents house many times, have met him many times, but hated him on the ice)

NJD...Stevens, always wanted him to be a Flyer, but hated that dude.

Minn... Dino Ciccarelli....something about that guy always rubbed me the wrong way.

Dale Hunter....POS...that is all.

Mon/Chic/Det....Chris Chelios....hated him...big time. Sickened by the fact he still makes money off being famous at Chelly's Chili...

Det...Shawn Burr...never liked him.

Buff...hated the little goal jump....Korab..POS.

You guys are amateurs. If you're gonna hate, then go ahead and HATE!!!! This is easy-peasy.

Habs. - any Habs, from any era, past, present and future.

As I have said before, when you're a Leafs fan you have two teams you cheer for. The Leafs, and anybody playing the Habs...

:angry:

:P  (Habs lost last night)

"I think we're supposed to be picking players we like on organizations we hate."

Oh.

I think we all hated Dale Hunter.  I thought this was about teams at first.  I never hated Stevens of the Devils.  I respected him.  In the old days many guys hated Derek Sanderson.  I loved watching him when he brawled with the fans.  Fergy as they called him with the old Montreal teams with Beleveau's Habs was one guy I hated too.  I hated Milbury and still do to a point.  Hated Terry O'Reilly.  Hated Alredson.  

r

What about reading? Did you hate reading?

Scott Stevens, the human eraser on the ice. Destroyed Lindros, Primeau, Tocchet and countless others with devastating open ice hits that got his team going. I really hated him in 2000 because they win the Cup and beat Dallas if he doesn't lay out #88. Too bad for most games, he did it in front of both Devils fans. He would have been the perfect Flyer...but he did inspire Eric Lindros bobble head night.

Saku Koivu is one of the few select options for the Habs. Dont know how anyone can have any ounce of loathing towards the man.

I really don't either. I always liked Koivu, but that was ramped WAY up after his cancer battle. That's the kind of things that turns into an inspiration for others to keep fighting. I mean, the guy went from nearly dying to playing hockey again just nine months later.

Easy one for me, Shea Weber. I love his warrior attitude, his combined skill and ability to take over a game. Never liked the Preds, tried to but God are they boring,.

Another one, as a Wings fan I detest the Avalanche and everything Colorado, simply hate them. But back in the day I respected and admired Sakic. The Avalanche version of Yzerman, a great player and a class act.

Players I like on organizations I hate?

Well, organizations that rub me the wrong way are usually the ones that have more than their fair share of superstar players, that win too much, and that still struggle to sell tickets or remain relevant in their market during down periods. (Here's looking at you Pittsburgh: always in the playoffs....always having the game's best player.... always having ownership issues....etc.) :angry::P

Other notable organizations that I hate include: Oilers, Islanders, Panthers, Devils, Coyotes, Ducks, etc...

• Crosby (although the shine has worn off now)
  • Malkin
  • McJesus
  • Tavares
  • Perry
  • etc.... (you can see where this is going)

:D

Pittsburgh: Their equipment manager from the 80s.

NJ: Zamboni driver #2, 2007.

Rangers:

Yeah, no. Can't think of anyone I want off of teams I hate.

Guys I like just fine staying on opposing teams? Fluery. Miller. Barnaby. Lucic.

You cant list the Flyers as your second favorite.  You really do not have any team you would cheer for if the Flyers had no shot, like now

Where did all this Flyer hate come from..... is your first memory of this hatred a bit foggy?

Where did all this Flyer hate come from..... is your first memory of this hatred a bit foggy?

It's kind of interesting how so many threads that have nothing to do with that topic magically turn into such, isn't it?

Pittsburgh: Their equipment manager from the 80s.

NJ: Zamboni driver #2, 2007.

Rangers:

Yeah, no. Can't think of anyone I want off of teams I hate.

Exactly. I really tried to come up with something for this.....I got nothing except ex-Flyers that went to teams I hate and that can't possibly count.

Recchi, Tocchet for the Pens....didn't Tim Kerr have a cup of coffee with the Rags at the end? Good lord I hate that blue sweater so much, I can't stand the whole stinkin' city

Archived