Eastern Conference QF Game 5 - Flyers at Capitals - Apr 22 2016 - 7:00 ET

brelic

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love it. As soon as the skill level of the opponents goes up, Ovetchkin's effectiveness goes wayyy down. Running around hitting people when it didn't matter - had zero effect other than tiring him out. A one trick pony in the local fair only...

The Flyers can win this - once they figure that out - look out!  :w00t:

8 hours ago, FD19372 said:

LOL...gotta love it. Both Caps fans are scared.  I especially enjoy this one ...Don't be sad yet, Lil!  They've only begun to rip out yer heart.  On Sunday they will drag it through the mud and then Wednesday they will come to VC and stomp all over it. THEN you get to cry.  

Yer Caps hearts are officially gettin' ripped out in yer own backyerd Wednesday night.

this is my favorite.... :)

There isn't a Caps fan, a true fan, who's been with this for any amount of time, who expects to win this series right now.  I mean deep down where it really counts. You can say you think we will but deep down, in the places you don't really want to visit, you expect these guys to choke it away.  Doesn't matter if you get 77  or 14 or anybody else.  You wear this jersey and you fall prey to that gagging feeling when the games matter. 

Neuvrith should have got all 3 stars.

.987 save percentage. NINE EIGHTY SEVEN. 

IN THE PLAYOFFS!

ON the Flyers! Not against us!

That said, more than Schenn and White and Ghost need to show up.

I likethe play of 2/3 of the second line. I don't know what's been eating Jake most of the season, but hopefully he can shake it off for at least one game.

2 hours ago, Digityman said:

Hopefully we see something offensive from him.  He's playing great defense and winning faceoffs and that doesn't go unnoticed on me but they are going to need points from Jake and G in game six (and seven). 

I agree hard to imagine they are taking them to game 6 and neither of their 2 primary stars have really found their game yet.

It would be nice to get them going in the next game. Flyers need it to ease the pressure on the whole team.

Looks like Neuvy and the Flyers have crept into the Cap's head.

3 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I agree hard to imagine they are taking them to game 6 and neither of their 2 primary stars have really found their game yet.

It would be nice to get them going in the next game. Flyers need it to ease the pressure on the whole team.

They may have crept in the last 2 games...but you can bet they've knocked the front door down with a battering ram now that it's going back to Philly for the series tie. 

Caps players gotta be freaking.

3 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

They may have crept in the last 2 games...but you can bet they've knocked the front door down with a battering ram now that it's going back to Philly for the series tie. 

Caps players gotta be freaking.

Too bad they couldn't have closed it out in Philly that would have been sweet.

But right now just win game 6!!!! One game at a time.

Flyers have already won two elimination games can they win a 3rd?

40 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

From the looks of the way the Caps players were acting at the end of that game, I'd say the Flyers & their own past history are clearly in their heads now. They can feel the choke coming on.

G needs to come out on fire in game #6. Have a shift like that one against Crosby & the Pens a few years ago - set the tone!

And I was really annoyed by the broadcast crew of NBCSN saying that the Caps really wanted to win this series early, you know - to save the wear & tear on themselves (as if the Flyers can't win this series).

1 hour ago, AndyS said:

And I was really annoyed by the broadcast crew of NBCSN saying that the Caps really wanted to win this series early, you know - to save the wear & tear on themselves (as if the Flyers can't win this series).

The NBCSN broadcast crew from last night is actually the Caps broadcast crew.  The douchebaggery was running rampant through their broadcast! 

6 minutes ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

The NBCSN broadcast crew from last night is actually the Caps broadcast crew.  The douchebaggery was running rampant through their broadcast! 

That explains a lot.

Neuvy played excellent, however you cant expect neuvy to make 40 saves every game and win a series, the flyers have to start taking pressure off of him by taking shots, they are being too passive on the pp, they have to take shots on holby, otherwise i have a bad feeling it's going to be blowout tomorrow. 40 shots a game on a goalie is too much pressure eventually neuvy is going to crack especially if the caps change the strategy and put players in front of him.

1 hour ago, AndyS said:

From the looks of the way the Caps players were acting at the end of that game, I'd say the Flyers & their own past history are clearly in their heads now. They can feel the choke coming on.

G needs to come out on fire in game #6. Have a shift like that one against Crosby & the Pens a few years ago - set the tone!

I couldn't stand the Washington based NBCSN play by play.  Any nationally broadcasted game should somehow have neutral commentators. 

If you had told me before this series started that Simmonds has 2 points, and Giroux and Voracek have a point each and we were headed to Game 6, I would've suggested to you that drugs were bad, mmmkay? That is the most promising part of this. If any of them decide to play like they are capable and make an appearance on the scoreboard, in either of those games, we're taking this series. In Neuvy we trust.

5 hours ago, notfondajane said:

Is it possible that your Flyers could be the first team to win a series after being down 0-3, twice?

My nephew lives in D.C., and can't stand the Flyers!

I would say the odds are still waaaay long against, but this series finally turned fun for this side, right about the time Schenn and Oshie started throwing hands!

1 hour ago, sarsippius said:

I would say the odds are still waaaay long against, but this series finally turned fun for this side, right about the time Schenn and Oshie started throwing hands!

I hoping that the Flyers win game 6 to put some wear on the Capitals!

I predicted we would get two wins this series so anything more is icing on the cake from my view.  We will probably be looking back at a great learning experience for all parties....Ron Hextall being the most important.  Agreed earlier on this thread that the announcers last night were obvious homers....but....they acknowledged our 4th line as being one of the best in the NHL.  I agree with others here that the 1st line has been underperforming. But the Caps have smothered them.  The "real" problem is one that Hextall probably new all along but this series confirms--his middle two lines aren't much of a threat.  As for the D--shot blocking is their specialty, but puck movement is needed too.  Without MDZ, we rely on Ghost as a our mover.  Streit isn't what he used to be.  I hope the folks at LV are ready to step up.  

Hakstol gets his crew ready.  He made a needed goalie switch.  He keeps a stiff upper lip.  He is honing skills for future Cup runs.  

1 hour ago, Howie58 said:

I predicted we would get two wins this series so anything more is icing on the cake from my view.  

Well, here's to hoping for a LOT of icing on our cake during this playoffs! :D

Let's go Flyers! (Ya gotta believe!)

Archived