Flyers Place Gostisbehere On Waivers

Digityman

1 minute ago, RonJeremy said:

Either of them will not help our crappy defense and lack of physical wingers 

No, but Hall seems like a tremendous talented, but a goofy, lazy lackadaisical player. Gaudreau makes this team better. He's far from what they need from a physical standpoint, but he would be a good pickup...like a Voracek for him deal, although Jake makes more money. 

15 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Jesus...don't we have enough of these overpaid underachieving clowns? 

If I had to choose...I mean had to...I'd take Taylor Hall and hope he can work his "1st pick overall magic" yet again.

Well something is going the other way if this goes down so I hope it is Jake buh bye.

14 minutes ago, mkscrewy said:

maybe he tried, and other, wiser, GMs laughed him off the phone.

"he can't stay in the lineup on THIS defense and you want what for him???"

Maybe.

I just find it hard to believe someone hurting for offence wouldn't think he was worth the gamble for a late round pick. 

14 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

On one hand, yeah Johnny is a bit of an underachiever, but playing for his favorite team from when he was a kid, might be a tremendous motivator for him. Plus, Gaudreau makes half of what Hall does, and losing seems to follow Hall around often.

Hall is a $8 mil hit...Gaudreau is at $6.75. 

I don't want either...but I would take the 1st overall.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Well something is going the other way if this goes down so I hope it is Jake buh bye.

If it's Jake, that's one thing. If we're taking on yet another lousy contract to go with Giroux/Jake/JVR/Hayes...I give up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

No, but Hall seems like a tremendous talented, but a goofy, lazy lackadaisical player. Gaudreau makes this team better. He's far from what they need from a physical standpoint, but he would be a good pickup...like a Voracek for him deal, although Jake makes more money. 

You nailed it with Hall. Gaudreau is more of the same. Only smaller and softer. A good pickup? No. Just look at Calgary...he's a driving force behind their suckage.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

I stand corrected, but I would still take Gaudreau before Hall.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

Multiple places are saying either Taylor Hall or Johnny Gaudreau coming in. Not saying they are right but these are the two names mentioned most.

Oh hell no..... Mr. Me First Screw the Team and another “super-star” who disappears in the playoffs... I’ve gone to bed with more pleasant thoughts....

I will be one very disgusted and disgruntled fan if either one of these 2 wear O&B

• Like 2

I've had my doubts with the GM Fletcher in the beginning and have been steered back in alignment with his forward thinking.

This looks like one of those bad decisions at first and does not make sense at all, but he has been able to storm through people second guessing him and come out on the other side; unless Deucalion and Pyrrha replace players, stone by stone are they fearing rebuilding the Franchise?

This could be the year at end.

48 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

If it is Hall, you’ll get the 1st overall for as long as he’s here.  Look at his history.  Every team he’s played for ends up with the #1 or a lottery pick.  There’s some kind of black cloud that follows him.

I’d rather have Johnny hockey, if I had to chose.

If Ghost clears waivers, he’ll probably just go to the taxi squad and not down to the AHL.

Edited by AlaskaFlyerFan
  • Like 2

Anyone heard, that the Flyers have interest in the Red Wings' Jonathan Bernier. I don't want a goalie coming off of an injury...especially if the goal, is to make the playoffs. His contract is 2.5 mil per. Is that worth it? I don't think so. There are so many needs on this team, although his stats are pretty damned good this season, on a bad team.

If they do get Bernier, the whisper of Hart resetting in the AHL would be worrisome.

It's risky to loose Ghost for nothing, but Fletch doesn't know if he's a buyer or quasi-seller, until about several days/mini series pass by(BOS), and then having roster and cap flexibility to make some moves/trades happen and still be able to have Ghost under 10 game management/[re-]waivers is risky to loose for nothing.

Very few GM's can perplex and Chuck Fletcher's watermark is on display.

18 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Anyone heard, that the Flyers have interest in the Red Wings' Jonathan Bernier. I don't want a goalie coming off of an injury...especially if the goal, is to make the playoffs. His contract is 2.5 mil per. Is that worth it? I don't think so. There are so many needs on this team, although his stats are pretty damned good this season, on a bad team.

Gonna be Bobby Ryan and Bernier.   Betcha.

That would pretty nicely add up to Ghost's money, and they're both UFA.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Gonna be Bobby Ryan and Bernier.   Betcha.

Ryan is 34 ...and gives us more physicality, but if he plays, he's coming off of an upper body injury. Also, he goes into prolonged scoring slumps. So, I guess...in that respect, he'll fit right in!:ph34r:

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

If it's Jake, that's one thing. If we're taking on yet another lousy contract to go with Giroux/Jake/JVR/Hayes...I give up.

Don’t forget the 29 soon to be 30 year old Coots who will also get 8 million for 5 or 6 years after next season. So we may get 2 or 3 decent years out of him until he falls apart.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Ghost, Gudas teaming up against the Flyers should be fun!

Oh gawd i hadn't thought about that so they will start every game down 2 goals X- Flyers love to haunt them.

3 hours ago, GratefulFlyers said:

I just think it's a shame. It's like when the Eagles picked a QB while they had Wentz.

Do not even get me started on that. No. That pisses me off to high heaven thinking about that.

I just got home from work...i will not talk anymore about that if you want to know the details check out the Eagles thread in the football column.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Ryan is 34 ...and gives us more physicality, but if he plays, he's coming off of an upper body injury. Also, he goes into prolonged scoring slumps. So, I guess...in that respect, he'll fit right in!:ph34r:

Yeah, I'm not happy about it at all, but it's so Flyers 

• Like 1
  • Annoyed 1

1 hour ago, GratefulFlyers said:

If the supposed “major deal” doesn’t bring back a strong stay-at-home d-man it’s the wrong move. The very last thing the Flyers need is a Hall type or JoeblowsAtHockey. One Hayes is more than enough. 

It has too. That is what they need more than anything.

And Chuckles has to know he has to act now with the way the schedule is coming up if they lose to the Isles, Bruins twice i think that is a wrap for the season...

...and then he knows he will have to fire a coach or two....i don't think it will be AV but his assistants would be gone one if not both.

I think Comcast asshole would insist. But CF should have acted a few weeks ago when we were saying what we all still see now....and well he is running out of points and time.

1 hour ago, FD19372 said:

um elliot is turning 36 probably isnt coming back, who is backing up hart next year?