AV fired!

Samifan

2 hours ago, radoran said:

All this talk about Tocchet misses the golden opportunity to stop hiring Flyer ex players and go in a bold new direction.

Allow me to introduce the next coach:

Mikko Koivu!

:5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

Well, does does having being a Finn going for him. SOUMI!

• Like 1

So Fletch comes in, signs a mediocre player for way too much forever, hires Alain Vigneault, brings in a bunch of broken down pieces from Minnesota, trades away the best offensive dman and draft picks for...nothing, trades a 13th overall and a 2nd for a guy with zero hockey IQ who hits, tries to build a team around his mediocre overpaid piece de resistance and all his washed up buddies, has the team completely suck like a bunch of us said he would, and fires the coach to right the ship? 

Perfect!

Just f***ing perfect!

• Like 2
  • Uggh... 1

7 minutes ago, flyerdog said:

so ...for those that are familiar with Yeo...what can we expect?

Lot's of swearing.

He was actually a good assistant 100 years ago for Pgh.

But, those teams had Crosby, Malkin and Letang in their primes as well as some high character vets.

I would expect the team to play a more physical and defensive oriented game.

8 minutes ago, Samifan said:

Do Yeo was responsible for defense but Provorov seems to be regressing under Yeo’s coaching?

The entire defence has regressed, not just Provorov. So in true Flyer fashion, when the guy doing the job completely blows at it, you promote him!

• Good Post 1

2 minutes ago, flyerdog said:

so ...for those that are familiar with Yeo...what can we expect?

With the Wild it was puck possession, and defense first. The players will hate the short least in a jiffy. If they buy in, they could play very soundly at times.

If Yeo hasn't learned to cope with player resistance / Fletcher is not ready to be ruthless against any selfish players, it's inmates running the asylum -time pretty soon.

But like Yeo said in the presser he has had years to think about what went wrong with the Wild. Maybe he has learned something from that very painful experience.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, flyerdog said:

😄

ok..but I meant in terms of personnel, system, strategy etc... 

Yeo and Therrien have been running the defence and offence respectively for 3 years. Have you seen any system or strategy? Other than give the puck up as soon as you can.

As for personnel...I expect to see all Minnesota, all the time!

Edited by flyercanuck

2 minutes ago, lynxrattle said:

Fletcher is not ready to be ruthless against any selfish players

Nothing says ready to be ruthless against selfish players like firing the coach because the players were playing terribly.

:5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

• Good Post 1

Something had to happen.

A phrase I kept seeing was "other teams have injuries too". 

This team, started out okay but never adjusted once things started to go sideways.

Do we think, AV was given an ultimatum, Fire French Mike or you're out too?

eh who cares. 

Something needed to happen the play of the team has been unacceptable since the Boston game IMO.

I don't think guys were trying to get their coach fired, but they didn't fight for him nor have they been fighting for each other.

It's been a dismal month.

I turned that game on for a minute while I was putting laundry away, it was already 5-0 and the refs waived off the Laughton play. 

Who needs that crap even in the background?

I don't know what I'd like to see beyond the a non-asshole billionaire that cares about winning buy the team. 

I don't think there are any of those guys around though...

Edited by mojo1917

13 minutes ago, Hockey-78 said:

the fan base just got what they deserved

The Flyers have one of the stronger, larger, more passionate fan bases in the NHL and have made NONE of the decisions that have driven this once proud franchise into the ground!

I would argue we deserve MUCH better.....;)

• Like 2

maybe it goes back to the comment i made about too many chefs in the kitchen...imagine an NFL team that had Bill B, Andy Reid, and Jimmy Johnson as their trifecta..all three have pedigree and all three probably have a vision on how the team should be run...on paper it looks great..but those three egos in the same room and.....well..maybe the same dynamic was at play....

Just now, MaineFlyFan said:

The Flyers have one of the stronger, larger, more passionate fan bases in the NHL and have made NONE of the decisions that have driven this once proud franchise into the ground!

I would argue we deserve MUCH better.....;)

This asshat clearly had a Flyer fan steal his girlfriend or call him a doodyhead last year in grade 9. Just ignore him.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

So Fletch comes in, signs a mediocre player for way too much forever, hires Alain Vigneault, brings in a bunch of broken down pieces from Minnesota, trades away the best offensive dman and draft picks for...nothing, trades a 13th overall and a 2nd for a guy with zero hockey IQ who hits, tries to build a team around his mediocre overpaid piece de resistance and all his washed up buddies, has the team completely suck like a bunch of us said he would, and fires the coach to right the ship? 

Perfect!

Just f***ing perfect!

I think I kind of warned you about him. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, lynxrattle said:

But like Yeo said in the presser he has had years to think about what went wrong with the Wild. Maybe he has learned something from that very painful experience.

Hopefully Yeo learned his lesson, but I doubt it. 
The only thing he did that worked well was to have his top 2 lines running the PP and the bottom 2 running the PK. 
Unfortunately he would never move anyone out of the 1-2 line down to the 3-4 lines or vice/versa.