Flyers Buy Out Lindblom

radoran

2 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Last straw...I'm out. Cya when Fletcher and Holmgren are gone. There's nothing I like about this franchise.

Man, I'm with you, bud.  But I don't know how you can leave.   I mean after all this time you finally made it to Collaborator.   That's a lot to give up, man.  Try to hang in there so that you can earn two more stars and be...um...a rising star.

Hope to see you soon.   Both because you'll be missed but also because it will mean Fletchgren is at the CareerLink reporting how many janitor jobs they applied to this week on SnagAJob.

Edited by ruxpin
  • Haha 2
  • Good Post 1

I'm staying. This is the only forum I can vent on and call these bumbling idiots bumbling idiots. I resigned myself to the Flyers sucking until I'm dead and gone 11 years ago. There really is no end in sight to the dysfunction. Apparently Comcast is okay with the steaming turd pile the Flyers have become.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, flyer4ever said:

I'm staying. This is the only forum I can vent on and call these bumbling idiots bumbling idiots. I resigned myself to the Flyers sucking until I'm dead and gone 11 years ago. There really is no end in sight to the dysfunction. Apparently Comcast is okay with the steaming turd pile the Flyers have become.

I don't think I'm leaving the forum, provided that isn't determined by someone else.

I'm just done with the Flyers.  I'll still be here to kvetch and hate post on the Flyers like a spited 17 year old whose girlfriend stole their class ring but is now dating Eddie, the AD&D-playing pocket lint particle counter.   "Lucas!"

But I think I need a different primary hobby.    In a completely unrelerated topic, does anyone need a 13th level half-dwarf thief for a journey or quest?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ruxpin said:

But I think I need a different primary hobby.    In a completely unrelerated topic, does anyone need a 13th level half-dwarf thief for a journey or quest?

I thought Danny B was being groomed for GM?

• Haha 2

Great. A player I really enjoyed rooting for, one of the most inspirational players in the whole league, and Fletcher cuts him so he can free up UFA money - a UFA who (whoever it is) may help the team in the short term but will cost the Flyers dearly in the longer term.

These last few moves by Fletcher are a new level of suck. On and off the ice.

19 minutes ago, mkscrewy said:

Out: Oskar Lindblom 3mil x 2

Oskar only had one more year left on his deal...

22 minutes ago, mkscrewy said:

In: Nic Deslauriers 2mil x 4

A guy who was making a career high $1M to put up 13 points in 82 games and be -11? Hasn't had a plus season in five years? Quebec native who got run out of Monteal?

Jody Shelley to the white courtesy telephone.

DOUBLE THAT MAN'S SALARY AND TERM!

Chelsea Peretti Eye Roll GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

17 minutes ago, FireDillabaugh said:

If the term and amount is anywhere close to that, it's the clear and final straw that Chuck needs to be drawn and quartered once and for all.  No matter how bad the Braun deal is.  Deslauriers isn't even worthy of the league minimum.  And, Braun should be left to retire or go to Anaheim.

Go ahead and change your name to FireChuckFletcher. 

19 minutes ago, radoran said:

Oskar only had one more year left on his deal...

A guy who was making a career high $1M to put up 13 points in 82 games and be -11? Hasn't had a plus season in five years? Quebec native who got run out of Monteal?

Jody Shelley to the white courtesy telephone.

DOUBLE THAT MAN'S SALARY AND TERM!

Chelsea Peretti Eye Roll GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

But he  could pay Lindblon 3 million 

1 hour ago, FireDillabaugh said:

Apparently, Braun and Deslauriers are signed by Philly.  Terms TBA.  🙄  Just what the team needs...  An old dman who can't play defense any longer and a forward in Deslauriers who could never play the game at all, period.

Tanking for Bedard ........

That's all I have ......

• Like 2

I'm not in love with the deal either, but I also saw Evolving Hockey refer to Evander Kane as a replacement-level player, so their model may need some refining.

Edited by JR Ewing
  • Haha 1