JVR

Samifan

Has Tortorella made any comments regarding JVR’s attitude and work ethic this season? If so, I don’t recall. I have read reports that he’s one of those “good locker room guys”. 

If JVR were to go to Briere and ask for a 1 yr/$1 million deal to be a 4th liner, PP2 guy and mentor to all these kids, should the flyers consider it? 

Cue the outrage in 3,2,1……😂

2 minutes ago, Samifan said:

Has Tortorella made any comments regarding JVR’s attitude and work ethic this season? If so, I don’t recall. I have read reports that he’s one of those “good locker room guys”. 

If JVR were to go to Briere and ask for a 1 yr/$1 million deal to be a 4th liner, PP2 guy and mentor to all these kids, should the flyers consider it? 

NO!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Samifan said:

LMFAO!!!!!!! Good one Samifan. That's one of the funniest things I've....

Wait...you're serious?!? WTF????

"mentor to all these kids"

Imagine a whole team of overpaid lazy slugs who didn't give a crap about winning? That may be Chucks dream, but it isn't mine.

Edited by flyercanuck
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Samifan said:

REPORTED !!!!!

LOL ...:bigteeth:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, Samifan said:

REPORTED! 🤮

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Samifan said:

I wouldn't let JVR mentor a trash detail

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Samifan said:

Has Tortorella made any comments regarding JVR’s attitude and work ethic this season?

He has, he has said he thinks James is a pro and young guys could stand to learn from him.

Then he said he wasn't going to play him that much 'cause he wanted to see the young guys play.

So Torts appreciated JvR's professionalism. 

Sadly, I think the guy is a spent force.  That's why our former GM couldn't get anything for him at the deadline.   He will have a tough time getting an offer next year.  JVR was a one-trick pony in his prime.  Seriously, he might get a PTO or maybe a league minimum offer.  If he had anything close to his average scoring, I might say otherwise.  By all accounts, he is a good professional.  

Performance aside, we need to test youth.  He takes a slot away.  That's one man's opinion.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Samifan said:

was just checking to make sure everyone on this forum was still on the same page :NinjaLookLeftRight1:

or checking that we are still awake with a pulse. ;)

Edited by pilldoc
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 1 month later...
On 4/9/2023 at 9:12 PM, Samifan said:

This is a perfect idea if JVR is willing to do it.   He's a vet with top level skill and is really good in the room. It's win/win at that salary.  Dumb not to.

Has anyone ever seen JVR sweat? I can't believe anyone would say young guys could learn from him. Learn to conserve energy? 

The only way I sign JVR is for the low cost mentioned, with the idea of flipping him at the deadline. If Briere didn't learn too much from Fletcher. Like how NOT to run the trade deadline. 

Signing a few guys to pick up draft capital for the next few years might not be a bad idea. 

JVR as a mentor is. 

• Good Post 1

3 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

The only way I sign JVR

The only way I sign JVR.....FcK THAT! I'm stopping right there. He's got to go and his name needs to be stricken from the Flyers forever

• Like 3

5 hours ago, CoachX said:

The only way I sign JVR.....FcK THAT! I'm stopping right there. He's got to go and his name needs to be stricken from the Flyers forever

Yup, there's no way I sign him even for the league minimum. If we were short bodies I'd rather play a kid or some other cheap has been or nobody or even some guy from Latvia or some other Euro team that looks decent in the IIHF. Basically ANYBODY but not JVR. 

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

Wild fan butting in here....

if there is ANY way the Flyers can get JVR to stay on with the team for a vet minimum contract, then I'd say "do it".
Not sure what he can actually DO for the team, but, at least this way, the Minnesota Wild won't get any stupid ideas of "bringing over an experienced vet like JVR" and give him a dumb long term contract in the hopes that, "He can turn things around and play with Kirill Kaprizov".

Ok, ok...just like the Maple Leafs, I will be going now.... :shifty: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Wild fan butting in here....

if there is ANY way the Flyers can get JVR to stay on with the team for a vet minimum contract, then I'd say "do it".
Not sure what he can actually DO for the team, but, at least this way, the Minnesota Wild won't get any stupid ideas of "bringing over an experienced vet like JVR" and give him a dumb long term contract in the hopes that, "He can turn things around and play with Kirill Kaprizov".

Ok, ok...just like the Maple Leafs, I will be going now.... :shifty: 

Nope, we can't help you not bring in JVR :bigteeth:..especially since the Flyers are rumored (take FWIW) to be interested in Dumba, at probably at least $6 mil per. If it's only half that $, I might have some interest in bringing him here.

Edited by FD19372

6 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Nope, we can't help you not bring in JVR..especially since the Flyers are rumored (take FWIW) to be interested in Dumba, at probably at least $6 mil per. If it's only half that $, I might have some interest in bringing him here.

As maligned as Dumba can be in Minnesota, I'd prefer him to JVR.
Dumba, if deployed correctly, still has good wheels, a nice shot, not afraid to hit, and DOES have, believe it or not, some decent offensive instincts.

His decision making at times is maddening, and he turns the puck over at the worst possible times on occasion, and he certainly is NOT a 6M AAV player, but at the right price, and playing him under the right conditions, he isn't too bad to have, despite what some Wild fans may have you believe.

JVR?
I really don't know what role he can play on any team at this point, unless its a team that is stacked otherwise, and has him as a middle six winger in hopes he can just chip in stuff from there, and if he doesn't, no big deal.
Neither the Wild nor the Flyers can afford that "JVR Luxury" however. :rolleyes: 

But, he is YOUR problem first....Minnesota doesn't need to inherit him from you. :bigteeth: 

Edited by TropicalFruitGirl26

9 hours ago, ruxpin said:

This is a perfect idea if JVR is willing to do it.   He's a vet with top level skill and is really good in the room. It's win/win at that salary.  Dumb not to.

9 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Has anyone ever seen JVR sweat?

Has anyone seen who has obviously hacked @ruxpin's account?

:hocky:

• Like 1