Flyers 2023-24: A Post-Season Appraisal

On 4/22/2024 at 6:56 AM, mojo1917 said:

@radoran

what @BobbyClarkeFan16 said.

I believe I heard Buffalo was once  interested in Laughton,  a young player who is "stuck" would be an excellent return in a trade scenario.

If Buffalo thinks "a Laughton type" helps them get over a hump maybe a trade could happen.

Not everyone in the league has the jaundiced view of the Flyers players that the fans do. 

Frost is cheap and controlled for one more rfa year. He might be appealing to a team that has salary cap concerns.  Maybe a 2 + Frost and the fact the NHL and CAR hosed the Flyers on DeAngelo provides the right atmosphere to put Necas on the table.

I'd offer Laughton for Krebs + 4th rounder and see if it flies. It could even be our own pick back.  They can use Laughton better than they can Krebs, and the Flyers could use Krebs offense IF he hits where originally projected.

The fourth because Laughton plays more positions and situations and because the Flyers' center cupboard isn't exactly deep.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

So guess same goes for Drysdale then.

I guess they valued Gauthier more. And I'm sure injuries were a concern. And yes, Drysdale isn't exactly great defensively....yet I've never heard of him mentioned in "Most Overrated Player"  conversations.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

I guess they valued Gauthier more. And I'm sure injuries were a concern. And yes, Drysdale isn't exactly great defensively....yet I've never heard of him mentioned in "Most Overrated Player"  conversations.

Not yet.

2 hours ago, RonJeremy said:

What are your thoughts on"The Professional " Briere signing an unproven goalie for 3 million?

Isn’t every draft pick unproven? It’s all the same to me

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Isn’t every draft pick unproven? It’s all the same to me

Yes , but high first round draft picks are given the rookie minimum of 950,000.  We gave Fedetov who was a late  round pick over three times that amount. That is very unprofessional.

Edited by RonJeremy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, JR Ewing said:

I certainly can't predict the future either, but I'll say that with regard to offense (and that's the only reason to have Zegras around) players peak much sooner than a lot of people think:

image.png

https://hockeyviz.com/txt/age22

Not every player develops at the same rate and at the same ages, but Zegras is the point of his career when we can begin to expect less and less growth, scoring-wise. We'll have to see how it goes with him.

What age is Konecny again?

So many people on this board still think it's the pre-cap era - they think AAV and years don't matter, and they think the game is still clutch and grab, so players in their 30s are in their prime instead of over the hill.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

GL50q_oWIAA03RE.png.0d2d0e034ab0029a1c55482fc6b29491.png

• Like 1

On 4/23/2024 at 9:36 AM, CoachX said:

based on what?

It seems logical to most that Briere took the best offer available. But you keep saying there were better offers and he didnt take them. If thats true, hes incompetent. Where are you getting information that says there were better offers?

Late breaking information…Minnesota offered Rossi for Gauthier. So now we can debate on what we needed more, a center who scored 40 points or a one dimensional defenseman who scored next to nothing and was injured again. I haven’t seen enough of Rossi play, but stats wise, he’s the better guy at this point . I think center was a bigger need than another Ghost style defenseman.If we had gotten Byram than I think I’d have preferred him over Rossi. At this point I think a center would have helped us more than a dman who can’t play defense. Maybe Drysdale turns into Bobby Orr, but so far I’m leaning towards Briere didn’t make the best deal possible.

1 hour ago, RonJeremy said:

Late breaking information…Minnesota offered Rossi for Gauthier.

If by "offered" you mean "a fan asked two writers on a show who said that Gauthier might have been something that could have convinced the Wild to move Rossi" then, fine.

https://phillyhockeynow.com/2024/04/24/philadelphia-flyers-trade-rumors-cutter-gauthier-minnesota-wild/

:hocky:

Edited by radoran

1 hour ago, radoran said:

If by "offered" you mean "a fan asked two writers on a show who said that Gauthier might have been something that could have convinced the Wild to move Rossi" then, fine.

https://phillyhockeynow.com/2024/04/24/philadelphia-flyers-trade-rumors-cutter-gauthier-minnesota-wild/

Where there's smoke, there's fire.

5 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

Where there's smoke, there's fire.

Charlie O'Connor's best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this fan who's going with this girl who asked two randos who thought the Wild might have considered offering Rossi for Gauthier three months ago.

You're right. I guess it's pretty serious.

3 hours ago, radoran said:

Charlie O'Connor's best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this fan who's going with this girl who asked two randos who thought the Wild might have considered offering Rossi for Gauthier three months ago.

You're right. I guess it's pretty serious.

Of course, that’s how the main stream media verifies sources. I will stoop to that level to justify my argument. 

Edited by RonJeremy

Not sure if anyone saw Jonathan Bailey's article, but he suggested trading Konecny and Ristolainen to Anaheim for a package that includes Zegras. He doesn't mention who else should be in the package with Zegras, but he suggested that should be where the Flyers start. 

1 hour ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Not sure if anyone saw Jonathan Bailey's article, but he suggested trading Konecny and Ristolainen to Anaheim for a package that includes Zegras. He doesn't mention who else should be in the package with Zegras, but he suggested that should be where the Flyers start. 

I think the Flyers have an aneurysm before they send Konecny to mentor Cutter Gauthier.

Blow my doors off and I just don't see them doing it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

I already saw the exchange after this with radoran, but there better be a truckload coming back with Zegras (McTavish?) if we're trading Konecny. Even with Risto going out, I'm not trading Konecny for the circus monkey and little else.

McTavish, Clownshow, a decent pick for Konecny, Risto, and lesser pick.  That's where the Flyers should start. 

I'll take Carlsson instead of McTavish and  we can throw in Laughton. 

Not a  Zegras fan. At all.  Pretty little Michigan pony show thing not withstanding.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

If they sent Konecny for Zegras that would tell me that Briere was full on listening while Fletcher was mentoring him. 

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

I am far more inclined to trade TK than resign him. My crystal ball tells me he will get $80 mill over 8 years and be at the home for broken Flyers with Ellis, Couturier and Johansen in 3 years. It's the Flyer way.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, flyer4ever said:

I am far more inclined to trade TK than resign him. My crystal ball tells me he will get $80 mill over 8 years and be at the home for broken Flyers with Ellis, Couturier and Johansen in 3 years. It's the Flyer way.

I'd trade Konecny. Not for Zegras, unless their 1st rounder is coming with it and it's not.

• Good Post 1

26 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

I'd trade Konecny. Not for Zegras, unless their 1st rounder is coming with it and it's not.

I wonder if the Stars would be interested in TK for one of their 2 young centers?

Stankoven or Borque?

Just throwing it out there.

Now before someone chimes in I know neither of them are big.

Just spitballin...

:PopcornSmiley2:

Edited by OccamsRazor
fix boo boo