Is Ryan going to be a Flyer?

Is Ryan the next in the Homer Hunt? What will it take? This guy falls into the category of a bird in hand is worth two in the bush. The Ducks want top players in return,makes sense to me. The Flyers forwards need all the help they can get,Ryan would be a big help.

• Like 1

@ I'd rather throw 4 first's at Evander Kane, who is a better player than Ryan.....than shread the team core for this guy. Get Kane for no roster players....it's the right call!

all i have to say is. "do It homer" but i heard he was close to a 20 something deal earlier today. plus it only costs 4 1st if you offer him more than 8 mil a year

Is Ryan the next in the Homer Hunt? What will it take? This guy falls into the category of a bird in hand is worth two in the bush. The Ducks want top players in return,makes sense to me. The Flyers forwards need all the help they can get,Ryan would be a big help.

I'd offer read/bourdon/pick for ryan

I'd offer read/bourdon/pick for ryan

other GMs would be lining up to deal with you too.

i think that is too much for him, 2 of the three things you've offered here maybe... i think read is way more valuable because he can play in all situations, so if i'd offer him it would be matt and pick. no MAB...

bobby ryan = nice player not a necessity.

I read somewhere that Anaheim would be looking for a 2nd-line center in any trade pkg for Ryan. I know he's not a center, but might Voracek be an option? I know he's unsigned, but which one would you rather play the other wing on Giroux's line - Ryan or Voracek?

@ I'd rather throw 4 first's at Evander Kane, who is a better player than Ryan.....than shread the team core for this guy. Get Kane for no roster players....it's the right call!

Kane is an incredible talent..him and Roo on the same line would be sick..

I don't read as many news services than most here so pardon the dumb question: Are there any outlets reporting Flyers interest in signing Kane to an offer sheet?

Even if there is, we never know what Holmgren is doing until we get blindsided by reports like the Weber offer sheet.

the ducks are going to want too much for Ryan. to get him, the flyers would have to overpay. he wants out, everybody knows it. he wants to go to the flyers, everyone knows that too. normally, that would seem to be a good thing, but i think that will actually be the stumbling point because neither team will budge on the price.

• Like 1

the ducks are going to want too much for Ryan. to get him, the flyers would have to overpay. he wants out, everybody knows it. he wants to go to the flyers, everyone knows that too. normally, that would seem to be a good thing, but i think that will actually be the stumbling point because neither team will budge on the price.

Yes. I'd like Ryan on the Flyers but not at the price we'd have to pay in players and picks.

Well, there's this from Eklund. Take it for what it's worth (using your personal Eklund value system, of course)...

On Bobby Ryan...

The Flyers are going to not let this go. If I was asked to name the one player I have heard the team has wanted since the day he was drafted it would be Bobby Ryan. And with the departures of Jagr and JvR the stage is set to make a deal. The Ducks want a second line center for Ryan, but I keep hearing a rumor that the Flyers made offers considered "close enough to get this done" as recently as a few days prior to Shea Weber offer sheet. I would say the chances Bobby Ryan is moved to Philly grows by the day right now.

Well, there's this from Eklund. Take it for what it's worth (using your personal Eklund value system, of course)...

On Bobby Ryan...

The Flyers are going to not let this go. If I was asked to name the one player I have heard the team has wanted since the day he was drafted it would be Bobby Ryan. And with the departures of Jagr and JvR the stage is set to make a deal. The Ducks want a second line center for Ryan, but I keep hearing a rumor that the Flyers made offers considered "close enough to get this done" as recently as a few days prior to Shea Weber offer sheet. I would say the chances Bobby Ryan is moved to Philly grows by the day right now.

Well, that should put this to rest. Ryan definitely will not be a Flyer any time soon.

• Like 2

I almost suggested Kane in the original post,but didn't want to encourage Homer in his present state of mind,to submit another offer sheet so soon. Kane would fit here like a glove!

Call me crazy, but I have to agree with those saying that Kane would be a better fit for the Flyers than Ryan. Ryan's a nice player and all, but it almost seems to me that he's being overhyped quite a lot these days. Is part of that because of a thinner quality free agent pool this offseason? Who knows? Either way I think Kane would be a better fit and probably cheaper, too.

• Like 1

i think that is too much for him, 2 of the three things you've offered here maybe... i think read is way more valuable because he can play in all situations, so if i'd offer him it would be matt and pick. no MAB...

I simply do not understand this overwhelming need most Flyers fans feel to do anything, anything at all costs. Just stand pat right now Homer. If you can land Doan that's cool but otherwise LEAVE THE FRICKIN' TEAM ALONE. There will be time and cap space to make in season adjustments (if there is a season)...

• Like 4

I simply do not understand this overwhelming need most Flyers fans feel to do anything, anything at all costs. Just stand pat right now Homer. If you can land Doan that's cool but otherwise LEAVE THE FRICKIN' TEAM ALONE. There will be time and cap space to make in season adjustments (if there is a season)...

Ordinarily, I would agree with you, but, Ryan is a guaranteed 30 goals minimum. We need another wing.

• Like 1

idaho, I am with you on this... leave the Team alone for now... if you can trade for Ryan w/out giving up too much then fine but do not give any up any of the young kids - that includes Read as well. I do not see Ryan as being a necessity at all... I like his game but not at a high price or cost of the young kids.

I simply do not understand this overwhelming need most Flyers fans feel to do anything, anything at all costs.

Not at all costs. They can still improve the team through the free agency, although I just don't know what players are left there that would make a big difference. Doan, yeas, but it looks more and more like he will stay with Phoenix.

I wouldn't mind too much to add Semin for his offense, but not at his price tag. He can sure score goals, and I think he would be score those goals no matter who he plays with - Giroux or Danny Boy. But he is not worth even half of what he is looking for, which is probably the reason the GMs didn't exactly push each other out of the way to sign him this summer.

After that, there isn't anybody out there who, in my opinion, would make the Flyers much better.

And they are not really in a position to trade for someone right now. They don't have much to offer to get a player of Booby Ryan's caliber. Otherwise, that deal woudl've been done by now. And frankly, they need an offensive d-man more than a forward. I think they will be fine in the offense department. Assuming Couturier, B Schenn and Voracek improve on their output from the last year, this team is capable of scoring goals, I hope... The defense worries me, and it worries me a lot.

And goaltending....... well...

Edited by Mad Dog

I'm not sold on Read for some reason. He had a very nice season, but for some reason I think it may have been a fluke. Sell high...

idaho, I am with you on this... leave the Team alone for now... if you can trade for Ryan w/out giving up too much then fine but do not give any up any of the young kids - that includes Read as well. I do not see Ryan as being a necessity at all... I like his game but not at a high price or cost of the young kids.

i was going to say the same thing. there's nothing wrong with further tinkering. it's great that many are content with what's there. $#!t, i'm content with what's there if this how the team looks come the start of the season. that said, if improvements can be made why not explore them? i do agree though, do not remove the important pieces at this point, most available moves at this point would more or less be lateral if they required too much from the Flyers.