Patrick Maroon

AndyS

He has 2 goals so far for the Ducks this season.

That's more than most of the Flyers' forwards (including G).

Just saying.

What/whom exactly did we get in return for Maroon again???

And a fat lazy out of shape trouble maker...no need for that here...they have enough issues to deal with.

@OccamsRazor  I always thought the kid had good hands. His skating was suspect, but he looked like the kinda kid who had not grown into his frame yet, so I held out some hope that he might be able to play in the NHL some day. His hands are for real. I don't know what happened on the Phantoms, but from the sounds of it, they had no choice but to let him go...unfortunate, cause when a kid is that big and his hands are that good, he should get a long look. I'd be willing to bet he has more upside than any current Phantom forward not named Cousins.

Back when I was scouting him during his Knights days, I had the feeling he might be a late bloomer, I might just be right.

• Like 1

And a fat lazy out of shape trouble maker...no need for that here...they have enough issues to deal with.

Yeah, that's why the Ducks are giving him ice time with their top line, right? (He's skating with Getzlaf.)  The Ducks are pretty happy with him.

Maybe we should stop giving up on players so soon.  Just saying.

@OccamsRazor  I always thought the kid had good hands. His skating was suspect, but he looked like the kinda kid who had not grown into his frame yet, so I held out some hope that he might be able to play in the NHL some day. His hands are for real. I don't know what happened on the Phantoms, but from the sounds of it, they had no choice but to let him go...unfortunate, cause when a kid is that big and his hands are that good, he should get a long look. I'd be willing to bet he has more upside than any current Phantom forward not named Cousins.

Back when I was scouting him during his Knights days, I had the feeling he might be a late bloomer, I might just be right.

Maybe he just needed the proverbial change of scenery.

Yeah, that's why the Ducks are giving him ice time with their top line, right? (He's skating with Getzlaf.)  The Ducks are pretty happy with him.

@AndyS,

I wouldn't say they gave up on him.  Whatever it was Maroon was doing, he got himself thrown off the team.  Management told Maroon to go home.  He as traded a week or so later.  It's his own fault and not the typical Flyers giving up on a young player.  Luckily for him, it looks like he has straightened himself out and is now focused on hockey.

Edited by AlaskaFlyerFan
  • Like 1

He had no choice but to get it together or he would out of hockey...no different than Columbus giving up early on Jake it happens...look around the league a lot of guys playing that can be said they were givin up on...it happens.

Maroon had some off the ice issues if I remember correctly.  He was dismissed from the team.  I'm sorry but if someone who was unproven and had some off the ice issues then they have to go.   Kudos to him for turning it around with his second chance but if he doesn't get thrown off the team his antics likely continue and he amounts to nothing.  You can't look at what he's doing now to suggest we should have gotten more in return for him.  He was a 6th round pick after all. 

He has 2 goals so far for the Ducks this season.

That's more than most of the Flyers' forwards (including G).

Just saying.

What/whom exactly did we get in return for Maroon again???

I won't be losing any sleep over maroon and his 2 goals.

• Like 1

ah, nothing to worry over either way. It's just a little depressing that 10 games into the season none of the Flyers is anywhere near the top in scoring.

One way to correct that is start scoring goals........looks like VLC has the right idea. :)

...none of the Flyers is anywhere near the top in scoring.

One way to correct that is start scoring goals...

So you're saying there's some connection, some link between scoring goals and points?

Velly inchasting... :)

Are we really talking about a fat ass who has two goals??? Good lord. Let's make a thread about the janitor the WFC fired, too.

Someone scores two whopping goals and somehow he would have been the answer. The only problem is I have no idea what the question was...other than maybe "name a lazy fat ass with two goals?"