Rinaldo...2 games coming? (Got 4 games)

flyerrod

I just read it's a phone hearing, so 5 games max...I'm going with 3...

good to hear. He deserves to sit a few games for that display of idiocy. But IMHO he's an important piece of what the Flyers bring to the fight. Once he eliminates *all* stupidity in his game he'll be the perfect 4th-liner. And he's progressing. He's playing under control a lot more this year than last, more than 2 seasons ago.

I guarantee the Flyers to a man all appreciate Zac's contribution on the ice.

• Like 2

Zac is probably dodging a bullet today if it's only a phone hearing. Maybe the higher-ups recognize his progression and put last night in context. That was a bad game from Rinaldo, even with his sniper-like goal, but his bad games - and bad hits - don't come nearly as often as they used to.

even with his sniper-like goal, but his bad games - and bad hits - don't come nearly as often as they used to

"But I've only killed 6 people this year!"

(I agree he's getting better, but it's a fairly odd argument to make.  Yeah, he's better, but only by comparison to the axe-murderer status he started out with.  I like him, but man, the learning curve really has to get a lot steeper and progress a lot quicker).

Seriously - when are players going to be more responsible and stop putting their knees in such vulnerable positions?  In Marchand's defense, it looks like he was targeting the hamstring and Neal turned his knee at the last minute.

This made me laugh out loud at work. :)

I will start by saying I like Rinaldo.  I am not a rah rah fanboy of his but I appreciate his effort and what he tries to do.  One of things I felt could always say about him (until now) is that he generally goes out and delivers clean hits.  Those hits would in turn would excite the crowd, piss of the other team, and fire up his own teammmates.  He was doing what you expect of an energy guy, provide energy

Maybe the fact that he scored a goal last night fired him up but last night he seemed to play out of control and went over the line with his hit.  I am hoping that it was just a bad mistake on his part and not the beginning of a Matt Cooke like phase of his career.

For what is is worth, he is a heck of a nice guy in person as my brother and I got to spend some time with him at a meet the players event at the beginning of the season. 

Edited by Poulin20
  • Like 1

@ TropicalFruitGirl26

Fair post and as for how many games he should get, I say give him 4 games (the rest of the regular season) and maybe that will make him realize what happens when you make a stupid play like that. I'm all for him playing with an edge but not playing over the edge (big difference).

I will start by saying I like Rinaldo.  I am not a rah rah fanboy of his but I appreciate his effort and what he tries to do.  One of things I felt could always say about him (until now) is that he generally goes out and delivers clean hits.  Those hits would in turn would excite the crowd, piss of the other team, and fire up his own teammmates.  He was doing what you expect of an energy guy, provide energy

Maybe the fact that he scored a goal last night fired him up but last night he seemed to play out of control and went over the line with his hit.  I am hoping that it was just a bad mistake on his part and not the beginning of a Matt Cooke like phase of his career.

For what is is worth, he is a heck of a nice guy in person as my brother and I got to spend some time with him at a meet the players event at the beginning of the season. 

All of this!

I'm in the same camp as my brother here.  You know the guy is always one step away from crossing the line, but he has generally done a good job of staying right on the line.  Last night, he obviously took 5 steps over it and it really hurt the team and it make the bulls eye on his back that much bigger when the refs are looking for calls.  Overall, I like him as a 4th line energy player.  He isn't a complete dud with the puck either.  I love the fact that our 4th line has the ability to create a little offense, and even more with VLC at the center. He energizes the team and crowd and he gets under the opposition's skin with big hits.  He has been drawing some penalties this season without taking one of his own. 

You know the guy is going to cross the line now and again, but the hope is that he doesn't start to do it on a more consistent basis.  Just because of this game, my overall opinion of him hasn't changed, but it will if he has more games like that anytime soon.

• Like 1