• Senators sweep 4-0
    • Senators in 5
    • Senators in 6
    • Senators in 7
    • Rangers sweep 4-0
    • Rangers in 5
    • Rangers in 6
    • Rangers in 7

All discussion regarding Sens/Rangers series to be discussed here.

Schedule :

Ottawa Senators (A2) vs. New York Rangers (WC1)

Thursday, April 27, 7pm: Rangers @ Senators | CNBC, CBC, TVA Sports

Saturday, April 29, 3pm: Rangers @ Senators | NBC, CBC, TVA Sports

Tuesday, May 2, 7pm: Senators @ Rangers | NBCSN, CBC, TVA Sports

Thursday, May 4, 7:30pm: Senators @ Rangers | NBCSN, CBC, TVA Sports

*Saturday, May 6, TBD: Rangers @ Senators | TBD

*Tuesday, May 9, TBD: Senators @ Rangers | TBD

*Thursday, May 11, TBD: Rangers @ Senators | TBD

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Samifan said:

I also picked the Rags in Six but will be cheering for MacArthur, Anderson and the Sens.

Somewhere along the line the past couple years, I've adopted the Sens as kind of my second team. I really enjoy watching them. 

So naturally they're doomed. 

MacArthur still lives here in Rochester and is a great guy. Like most all hockey players he always has time to talk with hockey fans and will do anything for their community. His resurgence along with what the Anderson family is dealing with are just two reasons to get behind them.

11 hours ago, pilldoc said:

All discussion regarding Sens/Rangers series to be discussed here.

Schedule :TBD

I will post the schedule as soon as it is released.

Schedule according to the NHL app-

Thursday 27th 7PM @Ottawa

Saturday 29th 3PM @Ottawa

Tuesday 2nd 7PM @NY

Thursday 4th 7.30PM @NY

Saturday 6th TBA @Ottawa

Tuesday 9th TBA @NY

Thursday 11th TBA @Ottawa

Anyways I picked Ottawa in seven, if they are to win this series (which I hope they will) it will be hard won and down to the wire. It should provide some good hockey regardless of which team wins.

@Puck_Pun

44 minutes ago, Puck_Pun said:

Schedule according to the NHL app-

Thursday 27th 7PM @Ottawa

Saturday 29th 3PM @Ottawa

Tuesday 2nd 7PM @NY

Thursday 4th 7.30PM @NY

Saturday 6th TBA @Ottawa

Tuesday 9th TBA @NY

Thursday 11th TBA @Ottawa

Thanks!

Emotional playoff run for the Senators with Macarthur and Anderson a nice rallying cry but it ends here. I said 7 games, that might be generous. I dont necessarily think the Rangers are that good, just that the division is that bad.

11 hours ago, hf101 said:

Rangers in 5.

As @yave1964 said the Sens had a nice run, but the Rangers are sitting well to take this to the Finals.  Lundqvist has peaked this season at the right time.  

Whoa.  The finals?  So you think they go through the Pitt/Wash winner?    

I'm not saying it's not plausible.  If the Caps sneak through Pittsburgh, sure, it's possible.  Actually, either of Pitt/Wash could be beat up or exhausted and fumble to the Rangers.   But really, the Rangers have no business going to the finals.

They should beat the Sens fairly handily, though.

16 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Whoa.  The finals?  So you think they go through the Pitt/Wash winner?    

I'm not saying it's not plausible.  If the Caps sneak through Pittsburgh, sure, it's possible.  Actually, either of Pitt/Wash could be beat up or exhausted and fumble to the Rangers.   But really, the Rangers have no business going to the finals.

They should beat the Sens fairly handily, though.

Yeah, I do.  Granted I didn't have them beating the Caps in my bracket, but if I were to do it again I'd pick the Rangers to play for the Stanley Cup.     Sometimes it is the luck of the draw, but the Rangers have the easiest path to cup and Lundqvist can easily steal a series.

3 minutes ago, hf101 said:

Yeah, I do.  Granted I didn't have them beating the Caps in my bracket, but if I were to do it again I'd pick the Rangers to play for the Stanley Cup.     Sometimes it is the luck of the draw, but the Rangers have the easiest path to cup and Lundqvist can easily steal a series.

Yeah, I get what you're saying.  It's hard to argue with.   Basically, easiest path to the semis, and then Lundqvist/Rangers just have to steal that series and they're there.

And I can really very easily see that scenario playing out, especially if the Caps beat the Pens.  I like the Rangers vs. the Caps better than the Rangers vs. the Pens, but even the Pens could be worn from the Pitt-Wash series, and like you said, Lundy can steal a series.

zzzzz

My burning sports hate for the Rangers is the only reason this series is of interest to me.

Ottawa ? whatever.

I will root for the Rangers to not just lose, but also get sucked into a space/time continuum vortex where they will be completely eliminated from history. 

Go Sens.

13 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

zzzzz

My burning sports hate for the Rangers is the only reason this series is of interest to me.

Ottawa ? whatever.

I will root for the Rangers to not just lose, but also get sucked into a space/time continuum vortex where they will be completely eliminated from history. 

Go Sens.

They were eliminated from history. Unfortunately, a band of Edmonton Oilers re-united and brought them back into relevance in the 1990s. I'm with ya on the burning sports hate for the Rangers (although often times when we've whooped their arses we've gone deep into the playoffs.

I can understand your dislike of the Rangers. I hope they take the series. If not, I will be content in the knowledge that so many good members of this forum have had their wish granted. 

4 hours ago, Corky Molloy said:

I can understand your dislike of the Rangers. I hope they take the series. If not, I will be content in the knowledge that so many good members of this forum have had their wish granted. 

It's not personal, for me I wear too many battle scars the Flyers-Rangers playoff wars of the early 80s to even think straight when I see a Ranger logo

Guy Boucher will face one of his bigger challenges yet when his Ottawa Senators go face to face with the New York Rangers.

Honestly, I felt the Sens came out of nowhere this season to not only make the playoffs, but play very well through large portions of the season and finish 2nd ONLY to the division winning Montreal Canadiens in the Atlantic.

Granted, some other teams in the division didn't play up to expectations they built up from last season (cough, Tampa Bay...cough, Florida), but then again, a team like Toronto played well enough to get in, while Boston still managed a playoff spot, so Ottawa did just what they needed to get in........and win a round by eliminating the borderline playoff Bruins.

Ahh, but the Rangers are no Bruins.

Despite the fact that the offense has disappeared at times for New York this season (along with any semblance of goaltending and defense), that has NOT been the case in the post season...where it all really matters.

If the goaltending between Lundqvist and Anderson is on, then it will be the more opportunistic team that will win the low scoring games.

If the goalies are not quite up to par, then obviously, the higher scoring team is gonna take a 6-5 type game.

Funny thing is, in BOTH scenarios, I see the Rangers as having the advantage.

If Nash, Zibanejad, and Grabner don't disappear like they did for parts of the regular season, then Ottawa will be hard pressed to keep up with them....especially considering guys like Chris Kreider and JT Miller have yet to really be factors.

Add to the very solid defense being provided by Ryan McDonagh, Dan Girardi, Nick Holden, and the young up n comer, Brady Skjei, and one can see that Guy Boucher will have to dig deep into his bag of tricks to break through that and Lundqvist too

I will be rooting for the Senators....and despite all I said, there is a good chance Bobby Ryan, Clarke MacArthur, Erik Karlsson and the rest of the Sens produce more than the Rangers' main players.....and Anderson does his Houdini impresonations, stands on his head, clones himself in net (you know, the usual things he does to help his team win games) and Ottawa pulls this out.

But on paper, and for what the Rangers have shown against Montreal (who I believe was a superior opponent to the Bruins whom the Senators beat), I say Rangers....but it will probably take a full 7 to put away this versatile Ottawa team.

On 4/27/2017 at 11:55 PM, JR Ewing said:

Announced attendance was 16,744 in Ottawa tonight — almost 2,000 below capacity.... What the hell is wrong with these people?

Wow, that's pretty hard to believe.  You would think that at worst case, on game day they would make the tickets available to youth leagues at a cheap rate to fill the arena.  Then again they probably thought there would be enough interest to fill it with full price people.  We'll have to see this afternoon on a Saturday if this is still the case.  If they don't sell out on a weekend, then there is a problem. 

2 hours ago, nossagog said:

Wow, that's pretty hard to believe.  You would think that at worst case, on game day they would make the tickets available to youth leagues at a cheap rate to fill the arena.  Then again they probably thought there would be enough interest to fill it with full price people.  We'll have to see this afternoon on a Saturday if this is still the case.  If they don't sell out on a weekend, then there is a problem. 

This already happened in the first round as well; it's an issue.

3 hours ago, nossagog said:

1 hour ago, JR Ewing said:

This already happened in the first round as well; it's an issue.

Mystery solved.

Ottawa is having a hard time filling the arena because most of their die hard fans are way down in Mississippi, USA and can't make their way to the home games!  # @ScottM :ph34r:

Archived