JVR & Voracek

Matt

1 minute ago, FD19372 said:

Unfortunately, Matt and rux, I say JVR because of his salary. It's easier to move but I'd rather they move Voracek.

I can't stand Voracek. I think he's stupid.  But he provides something. JVR does nothing. I'd move JVR just to get Farabee back on his natural side. 

Don't get me wrong, if it's Voracek, I'm happy, too. 

12 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Id trade them both for a bucket of warm piss

I would bathe in a bucket of warm piss to ship them both out of town. It is official...Voradud is the 19/20 season whipping boy!!

Edited by jammer2

I won't be surprised if AV puts Vorachek making popcorn for a couple of games. He has been abysmal with his turnovers and skating like he is in an afternoon open skate. There is absolutely no try in his game right now. You have to think that Therrien is reading him the riot act every time he comes off the ice and no response.

13 minutes ago, flyer4ever said:

Neither gets moved. they fit in perfectly with the Flyers plan to hover around the 2nd wildcard for the rest of this century and the next.

LOL. Sounds great, but the bodies are gonna start stacking up at the bottom of the Walt Whitman Bridge causing an ecological crisis for the homeless living there.

The good thing about both of them is that they don't have the dreaded NMC.

Remember back in, oh, I wanna say, October when Voracek was the second leading scorer on the team? Good times. He made the scoresheet in all of 4 of 11 games in October. His goal against the Flames was his first in 12 games and just the fourth time in November he's made the scoresheet.

They should move them both. Playing JVR where they're playing him makes no sense (not that he's shown that he should be playing higher). Voracek simply isn't bringing anything to the table. And they line combos are clearly showing that they have younger, better, options than both of them.

I just don't know what they would get back for either of them. Of the two, I'd say JVR has slightly more value if nothing else because he's cheaper for less term and does that "scores goals" thing more than Jake.

• Like 1

I've said this in another thread, I don't think the Flyers move JvR without retaining a decent portion of his salary.

If that's the case and it's a salary dump, I might be fine with it.

I wanted to and gave his signing the benefit of the doubt, thinking 25-35 goals would come in handy. I remember thinking , okay there's cap space and he scores this team needs goals, so okay.... I wasn't excited but I also didn't anticipate *this* level of frustration with his play and lack of production.

He got hurt, played okay, but never, ever lived up to #2 overall expectations in either of his stints with the team.

I know Voracek is the whipping boy so don't @ me . I think he can still contribute and be of value. I don't think the team can afford to dump both salaries. I see effort, I know he cares and wants to win, he can still do some things JvR either can't or is unwilling to do with regard to puck possession.

I think JvR is the odd man out, I don't think he's an AV player. He hasn't shown up since being challenged.  Jake's play has improved but he hasn't had the results, yet.  It seems to me coach Vingeault sees the effort with 93 and is non-plussed with 25.

1 hour ago, Podein25 said:

LOL. Sounds great, but the bodies are gonna start stacking up at the bottom of the Walt Whitman Bridge causing an ecological crisis for the homeless living there.

Sounds like a proposal to make the desert more dry or the Philly school system more worthless.

5 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

Lets also add Ghost to the list. Would you trade Ghost for Parayko if St Louis was willing?

I would trade Ghost for Parayko faster than it takes to type this.

I haven't the foggiest idea why St. Louis would do that, though.

• Like 3
  • Good Post 1

10 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

I would trade Ghost for Parayko faster than it takes to type this.

I haven't the foggiest idea why St. Louis would do that, though.

I think a guy like Parayko is exactly what we could use but your right, they probably dont make that trade.

• Like 2

Guys i am afraid they are stuck with both JVR and Jake.

They might be able to move Ghost but they don't have to right now unless it was a good deal.

Best case is to package a forward and Ghost.

But it's highly unlikely.

2 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

Ya think? Only Flyer fans would seek out potential saviors in the unlikeliest of places. 

Well for a dead wood/ salary dump I would gamble on him for Jake  if Edmonton had the cap space and If there were no other deals to be had for Jake.

1 minute ago, RonJeremy said:

Well for a dead wood/ salary dump I would gamble on him for Jake  if Edmonton had the cap space and If there were no other deals to be had for Jake.

Ok fair enough. I wouldn't think a guy like you would be interested in JP since the only thing softer than his hands is his overall game.