Game 33: Rangers at Flyers; 3/25/21 @ 7, NBCSP, ESPN+

Howie58

Amen. Can I get a witness?

Conversation

HUkpMwF-_x96.jpg

Gostisbehere: "It's just straight not good enough right now. We're letting guys just fuc king absolutely beat us up in front of the net. It makes our goaltenders look like absolute sh it, and it's not fair."

Edited by OccamsRazor
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Good thing we held on to Ghost so he could recapture his form from 7000 years ago when he had a 1 or 2 fluky seasons with absurdly high shooting percentages that were obviously unsustainable.  He has near zero value, but whatever it is (half empty gatorade, whatever), we should take it.

Sam Morin is going to be out of the league as soon as next year.  Flyers fans better hold their plushies and remember those fights that never were.  I will hold on to my memories of seeing Barzal blow by Morin live at the Nassau Coliseum causing Morin to turn, trip over his own giraffe legs, and waive ineffectively with his laughably large stick, as Barzal went 5 hole on Hart.

• Like 1

I swear being a fan of this team is like reliving a traumatic experience every single year. I just can't watch this slop for the rest of the season. Hart is toast right now and needs to take some time to collect his head and hope that he is not "lost in the woods" any further. 

Just tired of this team - no identity, bad defense, bad team defense, horrendous goaltending, soft, etc...

in the last 3 games against the Rags we have given up 21 goals - 21 F&CKING GOALS!

Edited by murraycraven

20 hours ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Wow. Imagine facing that every night as you're lacing em up. If that doesn't make you "arrive early in ill humor" nothing will.

they do, everytime they play the Rangers. They dont seem to care

11 hours ago, Howie58 said:

Well, you got your wish, almost. Keep Morin on. At least he's engaged. He stands up for his team. I wouldn't care if he ends up -25. 

this is why you sir, are one of the best on this forum

i just really think we have to come to reality that this leadership of jvr, jake, giroux has run it's course, i mean i understand you want them to win a cup but it's not going to happen and those players need a change of scenery. i mean look at kings, blackhawks, ducks, predators, redwings those teams are taking major steps back because their leadership is running it's course, it just happens, you have them for so long it gets stale and wears thin on the other players.

it's just time for major change in the leadership, changing coaches isnt going to fix that. players demand new leadership on the ice that's what im seeing.

40 minutes ago, CoachX said:

they do, everytime they play the Rangers. They dont seem to care

The franchise, from the top down, are just a bunch of cheque cashers. There is no integrity, no pride, only the money. I feel for Alain Vigneault. I know he cares. This is not on him.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, flyer4ever said:

The franchise, from the top down, are just a bunch of cheque cashers. There is no integrity, no pride, only the money. I feel for Alain Vigneault. I know he cares. This is not on him.

the leadership has run it's course and it's happening to other teams too, i wont be surprised if the caps and pens are going to experience it at some point.

You guys are too kind.  Maybe Hart isn't the second coming of Carey Price (who hasn't won squat) and is just another bad mistake by this scouting department that is nothing but a rest home for old Flyers players.  And as for Morin beating up Lemieux... I saw 1 good shot on Lemieux then Baby Huey fell on top of the guy.  That hardly sparked either team.

Flyers' management and their fan boys in the local media have been hyping up the young talent for years.  There may be a lot of guys under 24 years old but are any particularly good?  Playing the Flyers may be making the Devils' and Rangers' kids look like world beaters but they certainly outshine the Bunnamans, Twarynskis, NAKs, Patricks, Myers, Sanheims and Ratcliffes on this team.  We ended up with the ****** Strome hidden somewhere in the system.  Remember when Felix Sandstrom was thought to be just as good a prospect as Hart?  He doesn't even get to start for the Phantoms in the AHL.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tucson83 said:

the leadership has run it's course and it's happening to other teams too, i wont be surprised if the caps and pens are going to experience it at some point.

At least the Caps and Pens leaders were actually successful and won some Cups before it all falls apart for them. Their highest paid players were the best players in the ice ,night after night. Cindy Crosby scored at will against us for 10 years.  Our so called best players/leaders were mostly a non factor and we are stuck with Jake for 4 more years and will probably re-sign G and Hayes will be another anchor around our necks. How many players can we buy out , I believe it’s two maximum? I think there is also a cap hit for a number of years. Trade JVR, don’t re-sign G, buyout Jake if he isn’t claimed in the draft. Save one more buyout for Hayes , give him next

season or redeem himself, if he fails, get rid of him. One good thing is, many of our RFAs don’t have a leg to stand on in their upcoming contract negotiations. Sanheim, Kube, Hart, Patrick should not be getting any raises based on their performances. The only guy who might get a slight raise is Laughton.

So how to they stop the bleeding....it has gotten so bad i think someone might get fired in season.

I thought they would wait till seasons end...but 17 goals to the Rangers the last two games is dreadful.

They need to move the dead weight and some of these kids who look like they just aren't going to cut it.

2 minutes ago, radoran said:

HOLY SH IT................................WHY?? DEAR GAWD I HAVE SEEN IT ALL.

45 minutes ago, Poconono said:

You guys are too kind.  Maybe Hart isn't the second coming of Carey Price (who hasn't won squat) and is just another bad mistake by this scouting department that is nothing but a rest home for old Flyers players.  And as for Morin beating up Lemieux... I saw 1 good shot on Lemieux then Baby Huey fell on top of the guy.  That hardly sparked either team.

Flyers' management and their fan boys in the local media have been hyping up the young talent for years.  There may be a lot of guys under 24 years old but are any particularly good?  Playing the Flyers may be making the Devils' and Rangers' kids look like world beaters but they certainly outshine the Bunnamans, Twarynskis, NAKs, Patricks, Myers, Sanheims and Ratcliffes on this team.  We ended up with the ****** Strome hidden somewhere in the system.  Remember when Felix Sandstrom was thought to be just as good a prospect as Hart?  He doesn't even get to start for the Phantoms in the AHL.

Yeah looks like all the props Hextall recieved for his draft looks now like we jumped the gun on it.

21 minutes ago, radoran said:

I do believe he got fined for pulling his hair. Watch closely after the second punch he grabs hand full of the guys hair.

I know Mika Zibanejad loves playing the Flyers...he has 10 goals this season and 6 are vs the Flyers.

Just blow this team up as soon as the season is over sell as much as you can before the trade deadline.

• Good Post 1

Not records i had envisioned breaking...

...i guess if you are going to be bad be historically bad.

...maybe they can land the 2nd overall pick again...now since they never get the #1 overall no matter what.

Edited by OccamsRazor
#boubonup

There needs to be trades by the end of the day, not another coach fired. Until there are some big changes made to the current roster, my stomach ulcer and I, aren't watching them anymore.