Jump to content

New Kraken - Carsen Twarynski


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ZipRecruiter?

Yep and now the Flyers are f**ked.   9.3 mill to sign a #4 D man, resign Hart and Sanheim and add a backup goalie.   Oh and the worst part Jake and JVR are still Flyers. F**K YOU SEATTLE!!!!!  

By the way, my daughter will be upset about Twarynski.     She was the president of her college's THON group (4 Diamonds charity for pediatric cancer research and treatment).  She didn't just do it for the resume.   She's been involved since 7th grade and actually goes to the pediatric cancer unit at Hershey Medical and elsewhere to visit the children and take gifts, etc.   Anyway, one of her roles was charitable outreach and she at some point made contact with Twarynski through the Fl

Posted Images

1 hour ago, ruxpin said:

 

I've honestly been stunned through our whole conversations about Tarasenko that Seattle wasn't going to take Dunn.  That seems like the no-brainer pick here.    I was just telling my wife last night (who knows hockey is played on ice and that's about it) and my daughter (who is a fan girl) about the Tarasenko/Vorayuk thing and actually said, "which is dumb...they should take Dunn."  And here we are.

 

55 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

 

Lol, exactly. I haven't been paying much attention so I didn't even know Dunn was unprotected. Clear no brainer. It looks like Seattle is trying to build from the D out. Look to them to sign and/or trade one or more Dmen.


I didn’t see Dunn play that much but thought he was on his way out of St. Louis early in the season due to inconsistent play.  He was a healthy scratch for several games and I seem to remember him being on waivers at one point.  I didn’t see him as a “no brainer” pick.  
 

He was invisible in the playoffs.🤣

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

I reckon we'll see some guys heading out the door that maybe we're not going to like in the next couple of weeks.

I don't think Chuck is finished.

This is but a minor annoyance. 

There isn't a guy on the roster I'd be upset to see go. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Cheesesteak said:

Farabee would be a bummer to see go, he's was the only excitement last season.

Farabee and Provorov are the only two roster guys that should be untouchable . As far as prospects go… York, Foerester, Wysdom , Desoyners and Allison all are dynamic players in their own ways and should be kept. We have a combination of finesse guys like Desoyners and York and three big wingers , Wysdon,Foerester and Allison who have scoring  goal scoring ability . These are exactly the type of players this team needs.  I am convinced Allison will be one of our top scorers this season and will be deadly on the PP. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Podein25 said:

 

Isn't Ghost at least (more) tradeable? He has a unique skillset, shirley Chuck can find a team that needs/values that, no?

The same Ghost every team in the league passed on 4 months ago for free?

 

Sure, the line to trade for him will be a mile long.

 

This team is going to suck.  If they don't outright suck, they are going to make the playoffs and lose in the first or second round.

 

We've seen this story before.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

 


I didn’t see Dunn play that much but thought he was on his way out of St. Louis early in the season due to inconsistent play.  He was a healthy scratch for several games and I seem to remember him being on waivers at one point.  I didn’t see him as a “no brainer” pick.  
 

He was invisible in the playoffs.🤣

 

Fair enough, but that describes virtually all young Dmen at that age. He has upside. Especially in the new NHL.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SCFlyguy said:

The same Ghost every team in the league passed on 4 months ago for free?

 

Sure, the line to trade for him will be a mile long.

 

This team is going to suck.  If they don't outright suck, they are going to make the playoffs and lose in the first or second round.

 

We've seen this story before.

 

Lol, why bother getting up in the morning lol.

  • Like 2
  • Good Post 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, LegionOfDoom said:

We will make the playoffs and win several rounds now that we have the mystery bauble new assistant coach.

 

Hopefully he's a master at defence. 

 

And a wizard at the pp. 

 

Cause the guys we having running them now aren't.

  • Like 3
  • Good Post 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Podein25 said:

 

The only comfort is that other teams also hoped for salary dumps and didn't get it. Like if you're a Blues fan, you lost Dunn, that hurts.

 

Don't forget the comfort of knowing that in 6 or 7 years Carsen will return to the Flyers at $6 or 7 million a year.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Cheesesteak said:

Farabee would be a bummer to see go, he's was the only excitement last season.

Sure, I get you. He looks "promising". He had a good year. Probably highlighted by the fct that so many others had an awful year. But recently the Flyers have had a lot of guys have "good" years, shortly followed by crap years (TK, this means YOU). So I'm not really that invested in him, or any other player.

 

The Flyers are alot like the Eagles these days. Rooting for the team is the norm because Ive always done so. But the individual player that makes you more invested, becasue of their greatness, seems to be non existent. I can't think of a potential HOF player on the Flyers, Eagles or Philies. I don't care about the Sixers, so it doesn't matter anyway

 

In those down years where your favorite team is not playing at a high level, its nice to root for your hero. The days of Tocchet, Lindros, Clarke, etc. , seem to be over. It has been replaced by a group of "promising", or good "200 foot" players who seem to really shine when they get traded to another team

 

So, for me, I don't care who they move, trade or buy out. I just want them to get better so they are more fun to watch

 

Caveat... I would watch if Morin was playing. He actually has the ability to do something interesting every night by beating someone up

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Losing Twarynski certainly isn't anything major. Honestly many of the Seattle picks are head scratchers anyway. My guess is they opted to save a bunch of cap space to try and land some high priced FAs or something. Otherwise, on paper they look pretty mediocre at best with what they fished out of this expac draft.

 

As far as the Flyers go, I still feel like Voracek especially should be tradeable. It might require some retained salary, but he's been a productive player for his entire career. Aggravating defensively and prone to carry gaffes, but nonetheless productive. He's still a solid mid-six player who can pinch up on many teams in this league, which to me should mean he'd be tradeable. 

 

If that does happen, I actually think we come out ahead here. As @radoran or @ruxpin (whichever :D) mentioned already, we have a bunch of Twarynski's in the system. What we really need are players *better* than Twarynski. 

 

Bottom line for me, we lost very little and kept some guys who should absolutely be tradeable and traded away. Voracek is the top of the list, as I expect he's probably the most tradeable. JVR might be too, as long as Fletch hops on the wire pronto. Last season seems an awful lot like an outlier for him, and we should not expect a repeat of it. "His value will never be higher" absolutely applies to JVR right now imo.

 

Ghost seems a hard sell to me, but who knows. Some GMs have an awful habit of gambling on players who had one or two good seasons somewhere in their careers, which is pretty much exactly what Ghost is. A Chiarelli type might bite, if Fletch can find one of those.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, RonJeremy said:

Farabee and Provorov are the only two roster guys that should be untouchable . As far as prospects go… York, Foerester, Wysdom , Desoyners and Allison all are dynamic players in their own ways and should be kept. We have a combination of finesse guys like Desoyners and York and three big wingers , Wysdon,Foerester and Allison who have scoring  goal scoring ability . These are exactly the type of players this team needs.  I am convinced Allison will be one of our top scorers this season and will be deadly on the PP. 

 

I am still including Carter Hart with those to keep.

 

He had a down year but i am not giving up on him yet.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Podein25 said:

 

Lol, why bother getting up in the morning lol.

 

 

Great point. I am staying in bed today. I need someone to run into the dinning room and bring me my bourbon....who ever reads this message must fetch me my bottle....sorry no take backs...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

 

Great point. I am staying in bed today. I need someone to run into the dinning room and bring me my bourbon....who ever reads this message must fetch me my bottle....sorry no take backs...

 

Sound advice as always from you.

  • Good Post 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, elmatus said:

Otherwise, on paper they look pretty mediocre at best with what they fished out of this expac draft.

 

Already getting their tank game on for Shane Wright in next years draft. It's like they aren't even trying.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

 

Already getting their tank game on for Shane Wright in next years draft. It's like they aren't even trying.

Sorry …. I’m a bit behind In the times…. How good is this Shane Wright kid supposed to be?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...