Ristolainen to Flyers

2 hours ago, pilldoc said:

Did you read my post at all?

image.png.728025ab497afd308564dc4be7963cfa.png

Top row = player impact for offense.  RED = GOOD / BLUE = BAD For Risto I see more Blue than Red.

Bottom row = player impact on defense.  BLUE = GOOD / RED = BAD For Risto I see more RED than Blue.

You can disagree all you want ......BUT the Statistics state otherwise ..... I really cannot make that any more simpler....

I totally agree with @ruxpin ... be happy your GM fleeced the hell out of our GM.  Don't try to pretend to tell Flyer fans that with the Flyers acquiring Risto that we are going to be world beaters and we should be ecstatic about it.  Fact is, RIsto is a defensive liability.  Period. End of Story.

Just sit back and enjoy the 1st round draft pick (#14 overall) your GM fleeced from us.......

This may be a tad complex. Maybe a Sesame Street approach?? One of these things is not like the other??

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

This may be a tad complex. Maybe a Sesame Street approach?? One of these things is not like the other??

Come on Jammer it is simple…. My kids learned their colors at and early age 😉

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Mad Dog said:

This is why I can't even invest emotions in this team anymore... They are inherently out of clue.

I am just physically and emotionally spent!! Staring years of mediocrity directly in the face. We are truly gluttons for punishment. 

Just now, jammer2 said:

I am just physically and emotionally spent!! Staring years of mediocrity directly in the face. We are truly gluttons for punishment. 

Buy nothing Comcast, and nothing Flyers, or Flyer related...and go from there. Let them move to Salt Lake City.

7 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Buy nothing Comcast, and nothing Flyers, or Flyer related...and go from there. Let them move to Salt Lake City.

They will not get a penny from me for a looooong time...but I love Philly, love the Flyers, no Salt Lake City hopes, no matter how disgusted I am. They are kinda tattooed on my left arm...lol. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pilldoc said:

.maybe I will find a good Junior Hockey team to watch until the stench from this team is gone ..... I dunno.

I've seriously considered finding an NCAA team to cheer for.  This past year I watched a bit of Michigan, for example.

The Flyers are sucking the life out of me.

• Like 2

I watched the YouTube replay of CF's presser.  They have had their eye on him Risto for three years.  They believe operating under five coaches has been a problem.  This is a contract year--telling me they will not extend without body of work.  

These don't make me feel any better about the deal.  But the organization must like this dude for reasons unclear to me and others. 

Way back when Fletcher was our GM he always did these boring Sabres - Wild trades, that nearly always had no positive effect on our team (getting Foligno the one exception). This one is a head scratcher. A really risky thing to do. He couldn't get Jones, so he decided anything goes? It's an interesting one, though. I'll be looking at Philly and Ristolainen next season. I've always wondered where that stud junior prospect went and where did this defensive no-clue liability come from? We'll see next season. They'll dump him if he is what we saw while he played in BUF, but a 1st, 2nd and decent d-man for this kind of gamble... Fletcher getting desperate?

18 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

I watched the YouTube replay of CF's presser.  They have had their eye on him Risto for three years.  They believe operating under five coaches has been a problem.  This is a contract year--telling me they will not extend without body of work.  

These don't make me feel any better about the deal.  But the organization must like this dude for reasons unclear to me and others. 

LOL.  So, way over pay for a mediocre (at best) defenseman and let him play under a sixth coach.  Makes perfect sense.

• Like 1

Thinking more about this trade and Fletch's other moves, they strike me more and more like Paul Holmgren moves: decide ahead of time what the move will be, then do whatever you have to do, pay whatever price is asked, to make that move happen.  Extra 2nds, bad contracts, move picks for cap space to make more moves - I've seen this before.

I expect this team to be marginally better than last year at least to start the year.  Everyone played terrible last year and they are bound to be better at least just because of regression to the mean.  But this team and this management will not get out of the first round, let alone the second round, ever.

The next thing that gives me concern is the Ristolainen extension that is coming.  It is coming because of the price they paid to get him and the organization's desperate, pathological need, to show how much smarter they are than everyone else.

• Like 2
  • Good Post 1

11 minutes ago, SCFlyguy said:

Thinking more about this trade and Fletch's other moves, they strike me more and more like Paul Holmgren moves: decide ahead of time what the move will be, then do whatever you have to do, pay whatever price is asked, to make that move happen.  Extra 2nds, bad contracts, move picks for cap space to make more moves - I've seen this before.

I expect this team to be marginally better than last year at least to start the year.  Everyone played terrible last year and they are bound to be better at least just because of regression to the mean.  But this team and this management will not get out of the first round, let alone the second round, ever.

The next thing that gives me concern is the Ristolainen extension that is coming.  It is coming because of the price they paid to get him and the organization's desperate, pathological need, to show how much smarter they are than everyone else.

I dunno if the Flyers leaked the rumor that 7 teams in total offered 1st round picks for Risto or not. Perhaps a false leak to save face in the wake of serious negative responses to this deal? Regardless, the responsible move would be to bow out and let the other 6 teams fight it out. 

Like you said, seems like he locked on the target and was hell bent on winning his services. There is always other options. Sign a UFA to a 1 or 2 year deal biding time for kids to break through. What a horses ass Fletch is!!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, FD19372 said:

I'd rather they sell the team, at this point. 

In a thread with dozens of great posts yours takes the top prize.  The only way we'll see another Stanley Cup in Philly is if/when this team is sold or moves out of town and a new franchise is awarded (my preferred scenario).  I think you and I can look forward to seeing a Colorado Cup in the near future however.

1 minute ago, Poconono said:

Kind of hard to root for Vegas the way the NHL execs  have coddled them from Day One.

I can ignore this.

give me a break. im in mourning over the death of the Flyers and reaching for anything