Still Too Soon To Call?: Top Excuses For Flyers Being Bad

SCFlyguy

Remember when the Flyers' were good?  They called them the Broad Street Bullies!  The Bullies. . .  I like Bullies because they win.  You're not allowed to be a Bully anymore.  If you're a Bully now they send you to the principal's office.  What a world.  Sad!

When posters complained in the offseason about management (Scott, Holmgren, Fletcher) and the moves that Fletcher made, some said it was too soon to call whether the Flyers would be good.  We're now nearly 25% of the way through the season.  In honor of this tradition, this thread is for listing your excuses why the Flyers are bad.  I'll get us started:

1. Old Man Ellis caught the LBI working in the holler and things ain't been the same.
  2. Injuries to .59ppg $7M Hollywood Hayes.  This was still a good signing.
  3. It's an odd year, so Provorov is bad.  Next year he will be good.  Wait, he was bad last year.  Doesn't matter, he's still a #1 D.
  4. AV.
  5. Mike Yeo is not good at doing whatever he does.  PK, PP, Player Development, Mixing AV's Martinis, I forget.
  6. They aren't tough enough.  I remember when Dave Brown. . . .zzzzzzzzzzzz.
  7. Not enough youth/not enough vets.
  8. They don't play hard enough/they don't care enough.  You know, what every fan says about their team instead of admitting they weren't that good.
  9. Still Jake Voracek's fault.  Dr. Fletcher removed most of the locker room cancer, but it had spread to others.
  10. Won't move G to Center/Playing people out of position.
  11. Won't let Ghost be Ghost.  Oh yeah, he's gone.
  12. [JVR/Sanheim] is soft.

Feel free to add your own!

Edited by SCFlyguy
  • Like 2
  • Good Post 1

16. Here once and for all is the reason the Flyers are where they are  ... (in my Frank Barrone voice) ....

image.png.35404fe7ce871ddb5320c3f6f64a8e2f.png

these 3 names ...the good old boys club who still believe it is the 1980's.  Until that changes nothing will ever change ..... this goes hand in hand with #17.

17.  COMCAST ...to them the Flyers are just another ledger entry on their books ... 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

16. Here once and for all is the reason the Flyers are where they are  ... (in my Frank Barrone voice) ....

these 3 names ...the good old boys club who still believe it is the 1970s. Until that changes nothing will ever change ..... this goes hand in hand with #17.

17.  COMCAST ...to them the Flyers are just another ledger entry on their books ... 

Fixed.

• Like 1

1) They haven’t drafted or developed players well. 2) The ol boy network is alive and well. 3) There is too much expected from, and not enough from the “leadership group”…not excuses, just facts. Flyers Club Med…where taking care of “their own” , even coddling them, is more important than winning a Cup.

Edited by FD19372
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, pilldoc said:

The Flyers are run just like Xfinity home repair.

"We'll be there in 3-5 years.  Please make sure someone's home."

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

19.  NHL stubbornly and unfairly refuses to schedule Philadelphia to play the Coyotes, Sabres, and Penguins 15 times each per season! :shifty:

It's kind of nice you think that would give the Flyers a winning record.

Delusional, but nice.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, pilldoc said:

these 3 names ...the good old boys club who still believe it is the 1980's.  Until that changes nothing will ever change ..... 

Do you really think that's true though? I never thought much of Holmgren but 80s hockey? If anything, this team we have is kind of soft. They definitely aren't caught up in some sort of dated idea. They play speed and possession like everybody else. They definitely don't pound people around or play overly physical. They just can't score goals. 

I personally think it's AV's system. Unless you're going to change the players they need to open this thing up with the guys they have. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, GrittyForever said:

They just can't score goals.

They don't generate scoring chances to be specific. It's not like they are all snake bitten or something, almost zero quality chances being generated over 60 min.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

They don't generate scoring chances to be specific. It's not like they are all snake bitten or something, almost zero quality chances being generated over 60 min.

I don't think it's the system. It's the players.

They simply haven't been good enough. And 10 of them are already signed for next season with at least two more "likely" (Giroux, Ristolainen).

Seven of them are signed for the next three seasons...

• Like 2