Giroux Trade Talk

elmatus

4 hours ago, GratefulFlyers said:

It’s hard to see Provorov’s struggles the past 2 years, Konecny’s long (seemingly never ending) “snakebitten” streak and Sanheim’s inability to become a legit, consistent offensive threat and put it down to “this is what they are” when all 3 (among others) came into the NHL looking like cornerstones to the Flyers next decade. Along with Hart it looked to me like finally the Flyers had something to build on; a group of young players who would make up a big part of the foundation that a new (post-Hakstol) HC would use to bring the team from mediocrity to worthy Cup contenders. 

I watched most of the Flyers games the past few years and I see a pretty huge drop off in those 3 player’s games, from how they began life in the O&B until today. You don’t see that? 

I see Flyers with zero depth in their roster, so when Provorov, Sanheim, Koneckny are on the ice the 5 guys the other team has out there are significantly better and play better as a unit, and the Flyers end up turning the puck over. The other issue I have with the comments I made is that these guys and virtually every other prospect are soft and are easy to win puck battles against . And finally, the current Flyers are not great at playing without the puck, they are either lazy or lack hockey IQ, which is really hard to coach up. That comes with mediocre finishes in the standings and drafting good but not great players. The league is getting younger and faster, but not the Flyers. Sanheim and Provorov should be way more physical than they are, they don't earn space and time by showing an occasional nasty side, and eventually they get fed up getting hit and just give the puck away. The entire culture of the Flyers seems to be broken, there seems to be no incentive to excel,  look at Hayes and JVR coasting about, no drive, no passion, the young guys see that without consequence and fall into the same state. I can go on and on, but the simplest truth is these guys other than Provy are mid to late round picks. 

• Like 2

@flyer4ever

I can't argue or dispute what you're saying - not too much anyway.

1 hour ago, flyer4ever said:

The entire culture of the Flyers seems to be broken, there seems to be no incentive to excel,  look at Hayes and JVR coasting about, no drive, no passion, the young guys see that without consequence and fall into the same state.

That is a great point - mediocrity is contagious - and I agree completely. Hopefully JVR is gone this summer.

7 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

He could do that in any Canadian city. He lives in Ottawa offseason (I believe) and that's as bilingual a city as you can get. My guess is if he doesn't re-sign in Philly it's either Ottawa (for home) or a contender...which Montreal isn't. Just my guess.

Did not know he lives in Ottawa. That would be a possibility then. 

Up until after the game last night I was confident G would agree to a trade for a cup run somewhere and then eagerly sign a FA deal to return for a few more years at a reduced rate and role to finish his career with an organEYEzaSHUN that he truly loves.

However that double curtain call he took after the game had a feel to it as if it was the last time he would be on that ice wearing a flyers sweater. Maybe he’s going to cut the cord completely?

• Like 2

18 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

strong disagree, he should net a 3rd round pick, at least.

He's a solid citizen and RHD with playoff experience.

Teams will call, lots of contenders will want to load up with defensemen for a playoff run,  and he would be a fine depth signing. 

I definitely hope this is a situation where you're right and I'm wrong! 🍻

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Samifan said:

Up until after the game last night I was confident G would agree to a trade for a cup run somewhere and then eagerly sign a FA deal to return for a few more years at a reduced rate and role to finish his career with an organEYEzaSHUN that he truly loves.

However that double curtain call he took after the game had a feel to it as if it was the last time he would be on that ice wearing a flyers sweater. Maybe he’s going to cut the cord completely?

He may cut the cord all together with the Flyers, as much as I liked him as a player, I'd resign him if it was for a max of $5 million per year on a 3 year deal otherwise don't bother.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Lindbergh31 said:

He may cut the cord all together with the Flyers,

Kind of felt like that way at the end of the game when he did the lap around the ice then came out for an encore lap.

From what the press is saying the crowd last night was as loud as they ever heard it there.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Cheesesteak said:

seems like the Panthers are the destination for G.

image.png.1b27582f9579e6f5f43c5af64d1a76ca.png

https://www.crossingbroad.com/2022/03/a-grand-finale-the-flyers-say-goodbye-to-claude-giroux-and-where-he-goes-next.html

:PopcornSmiley2:

is Owen Tippet suk? 

Pure speculation here ....  so ....

To Flyers: Tippett / Grigori Denisenko, RW/LW, 21 (Charlotte Checkers) or Mackie Samoskevich, RW, 19 (University of Michigan) / and a 1st round Pick

To Florida : Giroux

Thoughts?