Flyers "done" for 2022 FAs

radoran

To read this at the end of a long, rainy day...I must be losing my sanity.  Why the hell four years for a fourth liner....Dale Weise Redux?  Are we saying the defense prospects are so lousy we need Justin to come back to play over his head to stabilize the situation?  Well, this is a clear signal Ellis is not starting the season.  He may not even see a game...in any season.  It makes me cringe.  I may not even do Center Ice this year and divorce the squad.  

I need several Merlots.  

• Like 1

Lol at Flyers fans thinking they were shopping for caviar and Fletcher serving them Fancy Feast.

Also cracking me up that Fletcher’s own cap mismanagement is preventing him from getting the one guy who actually wants to play here.

8 minutes ago, FireDillabaugh said:

t's just not possible for Dave Scott to be this clueless to continue to watch this liar, along with Holmgren, Lombardi and these scouts continue to ruin this franchise and just continue to allow them to do so. 

They're TELLING HIM to run it this way.

They LIKE what he is doing.

It's amazing that you of all people are relying on Scott and Holmgren.

Amazing.

Edited by radoran

It was done before it started.  

Fact is that Flyers shouldn’t have been players in UFA.  Should wait for the existing contracts to run out and for young kids to develop before spending in UFA.

That said, wtf are they giving 4 years to Deslauriers?

Braun?  Eh.  Whatever.  

• Like 2

There is no defending these actions.

Last season, was a different story, that team might have been alright.

As this team stands today?

They're going to be terrible. 

The man has had his chances he continues to perform poorly.

Time to let another person give it a go.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, FireDillabaugh said:

But, I am questioning the cluelessness of Scott after moves like these take place.  It's just not possible to be that clueless to what's going on.

He's not clueless about what's going on with the roster.

HE LIKES WHAT'S GOING ON WITH THE ROSTER.

THAT'S the problem.

The Flyers are a rounding error for Comcast.  But they have put a LOT of money into more ways to separate fans from theironey at the Big Bank Building and if Comcast-Spectacor isn't doing well that's Scott's head on the line

Another SEASON of attendance like the end of last year and all bets are off.

With no magical hometown Jersey Boy to bring them in, though, I hope the fans pull it off and stay home.

Alternatively, of course, I'd love a successful hockey franchise in Philadelphia, but I fear we are a ways away from that.

Listening to the Fanatic (happened to be in the car) they were actually talking about the Flyers!

And whether the Union should replace them in the phour-phor-phour atop Philly sports...

Edited by radoran

54 minutes ago, CoachX said:

I know I said I was "staying" .....im rethinking that position

If this is it, I will consider this season a lock out and tune back in this time next year

there is no shame with that line of thinking 

1 hour ago, radoran said:

Braun and Desotherguy is it.

This has to be the lowest point of my Flyers history - the history I know.

I wasn't a fan for the Cup years I can only imagine the embarrassment of the fans who witnessed that to see this shitshow today.

I want to pause for a moment of silence for you guys.....

🙏

Edited by OccamsRazor
too much bourbon and sun...

1 hour ago, SCFlyguy said:

Lol at Fletcher reading off that list of scrubs they signed like it was the first time he’d ever heard of them.

They literally were better off doing nothing.

Literally.

Every GM must be watching Chuck and laughing their ass off....know he is still going to end up with the 2nd overall after all this drama at best...

• Like 1

I suppose it’s a comforting thought to some but face it “tanking” is not a thing. Yes a few teams pulled off some shady stuff in the past but that was in the pre-lottery days. Now the best you can hope for is (IIRC) a 25% chance of landing the top pick. 

The only real saving grace for the Flyers….never mind there is none. EDIT: at least not until they clean house. Unfortunately I don’t believe there is a “they” in the Flyers’ front office.

Edited by GratefulFlyers

26 minutes ago, FireDillabaugh said:

But, you're just plain wrong.  Comcast doesn't care about the butts in the seats. 

Then you don't understand per Capita concession rates. The money in live events is in the concessions.

Ticket sales go to the team. Concessions go to Comcast-Spectacor.

It's why they have spent boatloads of money on renovating the concourses.

And it's not like the parking rate is based on breaking even on staffing and maintenance.

That's where they make the biggest return.

All they care about when it comes to ticket sales are the corporations purchasing their club box and luxury boxes. 

The boxes are most valuable because of the catering they buy.

Empty boxes for Flyers games isn't what they are looking for.

Dave Scott also runs Comcast-Spectacor. A drop in sales and concurrent drop in concessions is one of the precipitating reasons for canning Hextall.

Today was completely different

If they walk away with Bedard then no one will think twice about John Q. Hockey.

And they never should have been in the first place.

This is, paradoxically and by accident, exactly what they should be doing.

Edited by radoran
  • Like 1

Well, regardless of what affects them the most, the only thing I can do is not tune in.

That is precisely what I intend to do. And it won't matter a rip to the Flyers, but mentally and emotionally I will feel like I took a stand

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, FireDillabaugh said:

All they care about when it comes to ticket sales are the corporations purchasing their club box and luxury boxes. 

That well is drying up as well. So many tickets go unused, at least in my place of work.  Companies are reassessing the need for these types of packages.  

• Like 1