"Bobrokvsky Leads Vezina Race"

Guest TedZep

Good for Bob, maybe this helps Philly in a way, if Bob wins the Vezina, that puts Homer in deep waters, maybe even job at risk kinda waters. Maybe then, we can get a guy with yaknow, an acutal real *plan* in place, that would be nice!!

Homer should be fired for this travesty. So we had vezina material goalie all along and we gave up him for bag of pucks. I am' so sick of this management not able to keep young talent. did you notice ,that the most young players ,that we trade away become very good immediately ,they leave this ****ed up organization..this team has zero patience with young talent and they just have knee-jerk reaction to every season .watch ,after we fail to make play-offs this season ,homer will sign just about every has been there is or trade them for picks,idiot.

• Like 2

I was in the sign Vokoun for a year camp so Bob could develop a bit more and then let him take over for better or for worse...

This clip pretty much sums up how I feel when I try to even think about Bob being in the running for the Vez combined with the fact that have Mr. Universe in net for us and are paying him a fortune to be a failure.

• Like 1

No surprise to me - it was easy to see his speed and brains would lead to success in the NHL. All he needed was regular work with normal rest in between - he needed to be a starting goalie. Instead Lavy overplayed the hell out of him till Bob was beat, then that spring and in the POs kept yanking him on and off the bench, which is how Lavy dealt with him from then on - till finally it was "obvious" that Bob must be a bust.

I feel like punching Lavy right in the face every time I think how he screwed with Bob. I know that sounds stupid but Bobrovsky was poised to grow with the team, the [supposedly] new, young direction Homer was going. We really had a shot at BUILDING A TEAM from within for once, with the hardest position to fill finally filled with somebody young and talented.

Then to top it off he's dealt for next-to-nothing on the pretense that "he's too valuable" to sit behind Bryzgalov...when the truth was exactly that except for different a reason. They had it backward - overvaluing Bryzgalov and blinding themselves to Bobrovsky's value. They were right (in a way) and didn't even know it: Bob is too valuable to sit behind Brzygalov.

This is exactly right. Totally agree. Well said!!!

Great, we created the next Brodeur then traded him to a division rival to haunt us for the next dozen years.

Now I'm torn. I really want to see Bob succeed and do well because I genuinely like him. That said, I also want to see him fail miserably because he will become a thorn in our side for the next 20 years - just like you say. He has the potential to be our next Brodeur. And having said that, part of me thinks that might not be a bad thing either - because it will be a constant reminder to this organization what it gave up and the collosal mistake it made.

Twinkle twinkle little star

Another goes beneath the bar

Past my glove into the net

Flyers fans are so upset

Twinkle twinkle little star

I can't throw my glove real far.

Twinkle twinkle in the skies

Bob now cheers for the Buckeyes

Why Bryz is here we don't know why

Flyers fans just sit and cry

Twinkle twinkle in Columbus

We wish Bob was still with us.