Snider Blasts Lack of Secondary Scoring

radoran

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/flyers/20141202_Incredulous_Snider_blasts_Flyers.html

"Never seen anything like it in all the years I've been in hockey," Snider said in a phone interview from his Montecito, Calif., home on Monday afternoon. "Even when we were an expansion team" in 1967-68, "somebody chipped in here and there."

In their last nine games, the Flyers have gotten just two goals - two - from forwards who were not on their first line.

The lack of secondary scoring helps explain why they are in a 1-7-1 slump and have fallen to sixth place in the eight-team Metropolitan Division.

Snider said the Flyers miss the presence of veteran defenseman Kimmo Timonen, "but basically it's a similar team as last year, and it's very hard for me to understand what's going on. It's the coach's job to fix it, and the GM's job to do whatever he can to help the coach."

New general manager Ron Hextall was handed a difficult cap situation when he replaced Paul Holmgren.

"All teams are having cap problems. We'll find a way to work around it," said Snider, whose team finished 42-30-10 last season. "In the meantime, that's not the issue. The issue is that we have pretty much the same team as last year, and we're not performing. We're hoping they can turn it around. We have two of the best forwards in the league, but two players can't turn around a team. What's going on with everybody else?

Ha. Just read this article myself. You know what struck me the most? Well two things, one is that Snider has a home in Southern CA. Didn't know that. Anyway, the other thing- typical Philly media hyperbole. Nowhere in that article did I see any "blasting" going on. Snider seems more confused by it than anything else. He doesn't sound ready to make any rash moves. He's not giving up on guys. Basically, a non-story with a splashy headline. Or in other words, business as usual for the Philly media.

Ha. Just read this article myself. You know what struck me the most? Well two things, one is that Snider has a home in Southern CA. Didn't know that. Anyway, the other thing- typical Philly media hyperbole. Nowhere in that article did I see any "blasting" going on. Snider seems more confused by it than anything else. He doesn't sound ready to make any rash moves. He's not giving up on guys. Basically, a non-story with a splashy headline. Or in other words, business as usual for the Philly media.

Well, he did mention specific players' names.  So perhaps "blasting" is a bit strong, but clearly he isn't happy.  Who would be?

Snider said every team has cap problems ..name one team that has two players as useless and highly paid as Vinny and the Hamburgler? And both with long term contracts.What other team is spending a fortune on a defense comprised of unskilled mediocre bums. Who is spending 9million dollars on their third pair defensemen. Chicago has cap problems because they are paying big contracts to a team of superstars. We have cap problems because we are paying out huge long term contracts to marginal players .

Snider is talking out of his bunghole

How ironic is this, the guy who forced Homer's hand in so many deals is complaining about the squad that he handpicked. It's like a Dad who outright refuses to discipline his children, then bitterly complains when they piss in his cheerios in the morning.

@flyercanuck   Fantastic find. While it was very entertaining, I smell staged 100%. *If* the kid is acting, he's great in his role. I could see how people would want to see more of him, he must have a small cult like following. If it were real life, I believe the dad would have lost it and attacked the kid right after the table with the Turkey went flying.

Archived