Most Underwhelming Hockey Careers.

JagerMeister

@JR Ewing  I was actually contemplating saying you were not eligible to guess....ha ha....but that may have given it away more!

Oh, you know what? I didn't even read your post properly and see the Oilers as one of his teams. If I'd been paying attention, I'd have never guessed Jackman, since he never played in Edmonton. Only thing is, though, Harvey finished his career in Edmonton. They were about the 3rd or 4th team he played for.

@JR Ewing  Ahhh, my bad, had totally forgot about the forgettable stints with the NYR and Sharks. ...he played for 4 years with the Sharks....wow....I knew Edm was his last team, but forgot about the stuff in the middle!

A lot of folks putting thre homer slant, so Damian Brunner would have to come to mind. The man simply had the Hockey IQ of a gnat.

Hmm...but I thought gnats were highly intelligent, if bothersome, creatures.

I mean, Brad Marchand, Sean Avery, Alex Burrows, Darcy Tucker, Matthew Barnaby....all very gnat-like and they......errrr, nevermind.

Point taken, @yave1964 ..... :rolleyes:

These are just a few of the top of my head of course all played for the Flyers

Jiri Latal

Mitch Lamoureux

Tim Tookey

Murray Baron

Carl Mokosak

Magnus Roupe

Mike Maneluk

This won't be popular, but I always go thought Jose Theodore.

How about Maxime Ouellette?

JVR?

Personally, I think that's a pretty valid answer.

I mean, without looking it up, wasn't he drafted and developed by the Canadiens...and IMMEDIATE comparisons to he and St. Patrick were made over the course of his time (the beginning anyways) with the Habs?

Talk about pressure on a young goalie.....and after all was said n done, after all the hype (which quite a few teams after the Habs were still hoping on), I'd sure say his career, while ok, was quite underwhelming.

Oulette?

Don't know much about him to comment.

JVR?

Meh, you could be right, but he is still young enough at 26 where he could see his career finally make some big jumps...especially if he finds himself off the Leafs.

He too might have been a tad over hyped when he first got into the league, though for some reason, after watching quite a few Leafs games over the last couple seasons (yes, I know, WHY do I torture myself, right?), I can't help but think that if he were put into a less intrusive market than Toronto, he could actually do better than he has.

And let's face it, even the last two years, with the ugliness in Toronto, he STILL was a 30 or near 30 goal scorer

Brad Isbister. Every now and then, you'd see flashes of how he could impose himself physically and use it to create space on the offensive side of the game... And then, he'd return to his Brad Invisibister persona for 2 weeks.

@TropicalFruitGirl26

I'll take the agreement on Theodore and run.

Oullette was kind of for flyers fans but the fact you don't know much about him actually makes my case.

He was the flyers really "incredible" goalie prospect that was involved in the Flyers trade for Adam Oates at the deadline in a season in which the Flyers really had no hope and went out with a whimper in the first round.

To hear Flyers fans tell it, we traded away the bastard son of Bernie Parent and Ken Dryden. I, myself, was unhappy just because it was pointless.

Well, the Holy offspring may have played a handful of games for the Caps, but disappeared never to be heard from again.

Roman Cechmanek (sp?)

Michael Leighton

Dominic Hasek

Not a bad list.

Gilbert Perreault was a bit underwhelming too. Carried by the other linemates he had. And Ryan Miller. Can't forget him. Pretty underwhelming career for supposedly one of the better goalies.

This won't be popular, but I always go thought Jose Theodore.

How about Maxime Ouellette?

JVR?

I'll go with you on Theodore. He had some fairly good years, but nothing truly stellar outside of the 2001-02 season. He also had some bad years. That man got a lot of undue mileage out of one great year.

Not a bad list.

Gilbert Perreault was a bit underwhelming too. Carried by the other linemates he had. And Ryan Miller. Can't forget him. Pretty underwhelming career for supposedly one of the better goalies.

:cool[1]:

Roman Cechmanek (sp?)

A nut??? Yes without doubt..........but i sure wouldn't put him in the under achieving category exactly.......except maybe for the Kings.

But to go...

1st year 35-15-6 2.01 gaa .921%

2nd year 24-13-6 2.05 .921%

3rd year 33-15-10 1.83 gaa .925%

Mason would kill for those numbers!!!

the playoffs his numbers wasn't the strongest but man the team he played in front of just give up in the playoffs it seemed.....hard to just fault him.

But he was coo coo for sure...

• 6 months later...

I think its fair to say Vincent Lecavelier career is considered underwhelming... He had a select few years where he was among the best players in the game...watch him play now and its truly a pathetic sight to behold...

Alexander Seminar as well. The strength of his wrist shot was once unequaled by anyone in the league... In addition to his adept stickhandling skills. Kind of like a lesser Kovalev.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived