Game #16 - Capitals at Flyers - Nov 12 2015 - 7:00 ET

brelic

Gee I can hardly wait to get down there...at least tonight for STHs we have the opportunity to get pictures with Danny B and $2 off fountain drinks...too bad it is not adult drinks as we will likely need them!

Pouls.... even though it might be rough it is always fun a being at a game. Have a great time and who knows you might get a rare win

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Based on the Flyers recent play, lack of heart and the fact that Mason will be rusty, this has all the makings of another 7-1 blowout like a couple years ago. Only difference is that Emery isn't around to mug Holtby and best the piss out of him.

Fully expect the Caps to get over 50 SOG.

Nope.....Flyers come out and play their asses off and get the win....... and then IMMEDIEATLY go back to not showing up next game. Take it to the bank!!!

Thats what drives me crazy about this team...I honestly expect an honest effort tonight and a good game to watch. We may not win but I fully expect a high compete level from the boys. But there-in lies the problem that has us all bouncing our heads off our coffee tables! WHY does it take an EMBARASSING loss like the one to the Avs, a closed door meeting, and a pratice were players are beating the hell out of each other (risking injury inthe case of the L.Schenn/Gudas incident) to come out and play they way they should EVERY ******* GAME!!!!...

I know we have a lack of depth and skill on this team but NO WAY can I believe that we are THIS bad....Simmer, G, Jake, Coutier, and Schenn should be "skilled" enough forwards to build at LEAST a competative team around in my humble opionion. There is something "wrong" when a team (regardless of talent level) comes out and plays like they did the other nigth. PERIOD.

Because the answer to "why is Raffl on the top line" is generally "who the hell else are you going to put there?"

Maybe it's time to let BSchenn have more than 2 shifts/game on the top line.

I've been going back and forth with Raffl ever since he got to Philly. When the line was producing last year he filled the role adequately, creating time/space for the talent to set up and score. And he potted 21 of his own. I got to like him with G/J because you probably shouldn't fix something that isn't broken.

Now that it's broken...the fact that Raffl's just not good enough (for the top line) becomes painfully clear.

what to do what to do.

Maybe it's time to let BSchenn have more than 2 shifts/game on the top line.

I do think that part of it is trying to make all the lines work.

Could be that that position is the best "for the team" for Raffl. That he doesn't compliment other players as well as the VeeGees™

Or that he, Vandevelde and Bellemare are the only "natural" LWs on the team? (naturally with Bellemare a lifelong wing, they're playing him at center and VDV a lifelong center, he's at wing :huh: ).

Or that he, Vandevelde and Bellemare are the only "natural" LWs on the team? (naturally with Bellemare a lifelong wing, they're playing him at center and VDV a lifelong center, he's at wing :huh: ).

LOL - exactly. Even Lecav has a case, i.e. if he's worthwhile at all it's only at center. And BSchenn is a frikkin' pogo stick the way they bounce him around. To his credit all the moving around appears to be paying off - I like what I've seen from him so far.

I don't envy Hakstol trying to put together 3 lines that even have the appearance of an offensive threat.

Man......... what a bunch of losers this team is.   It's one thing not to have talent, but they are hardly even trying. It's nauseating, really. 

Canes are on deck to beat that ass next. Just an embarrassing game....no effort they have given up...waiving the white flag

Is there really not enough skill to possess the puck on the rush ?  when you're slow from either genetics or just having had your ass kicked at practice the day before...is dump and chase really a 'smart" play ?  

good grief, how about making a move keep the puck on your stick , shield a check with your body...this team is really playing some stupid boring hockey.  

win a stinkin' face off Brayden,  you too Sean, damn, chasing everything all the time , no wonder they look gassed. 

this group is difficult to watch, passes to no one, wrap arounds to vacated points, dumping the puck to the opposite side of the ice as the lead forechecker...

healthy scratch Voacek, let him watch a game tell him to quit pressing, he's working hard but can't get out of his own way.  get raffl off the top line, put Schenn back on Couturier's wing if Sean must be the 2C... i don't know some things seem pretty obvious to a middle aged fan i have to think the brain trust can see them too.

This was hard to watch.  I think the VanDeVelde line is the only one earning its keep.  The D is letting players get behind it with regularity. It reminds me of the Rathje/Hatcher days.  Where is Lasse Kukkonen when we need him?  It is bad..very bad.

I would like to think that Hakstol will be given time to grow with a team.  But I wonder if he will be let go after another embarrassment or two?

Howie

Pouls.... even though it might be rough it is always fun a being at a game. Have a great time and who knows you might get a rare win

Good thought but alas it was not to be. At least we did meet Danny B and got a photo with him! As you would expect he was all class and a heck of a nice guy! (Unlike Richards, Coburn, and Carcillo who were all douchey when I met them).

Glad I had another date night with my wife....

Me too Doc, the wife got up to go to the restroom i ordered another beer and took a peak at the score saw they were losing and was happy i wasn't sitting home to watch that.

Last night was the first time this season that I can say "the team really does stink". I thought they might be able to do something this year. They came out better but then I saw a hugh lack of motivation. I thought they played with anger and aggression last night but they just stink. When 90 year old chimera can place a shot perfectly by swatting it out of the air, but giroux and voracek can't get a shot off on a 2 on 1, you have to just give up. They had a lot of odd man rushes last night with no shot on goal. Their defense hurts them in 3 ways...defensively, offensively, and by making the forwards worse by giving them worse competition in practice. The forwards probably feel like allstars in practice, but it's a completely different world when they have to play anyone else.

When 90 year old chimera can place a shot perfectly by swatting it out of the air, but giroux and voracek can't get a shot off on a 2 on 1, you have to just give up.

Sums last night up perfectly!

I thought the effort and the execution was pretty good last night, pretty solid on both sides of the ice at even strength. What killed the Flyers was special teams.

The Flyers had four PPs in the 1st - Caps had none - talk about a gift - and they did nothing with them except put the crowd to sleep. The PK was just as bad - Caps went 2-2 (2 for 3 incl Raffl late penalty).

It sucks watching your 2 best players flub a 2-on-1 but it happens to. All in all the Flyers played pretty well at even strength.

Archived