Pittsburgh Penguins, Stanley Cup Champions

nossagog

Congrats to the Pens and the boys in here for your teams victory. Been along for the ride since the wings were knocked out sooooo long ago, the Pens were a fun team to watch, resilient when they lost folks along the way and played a great team Hockey. Loved Malkin's determination, the HBK line, Letang and his drive, I even (gulp) found myself admiring Crosby. Again, congrats well deserved.

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To our fellow Pens fans....

@Polaris922

@notfondajane

@B21

As much as it pains me to say this as a Flyers fan...Congrats on winning this years Stanley Cup.  Undeniably they were playing the best hockey of any team down the stretch.  IMO your playoff MVP is Murray.  He played lights out. 

You guys are great members here and it is a pleasure to banter back and forth with you throughout the season.

Enjoy the Cup Victory!!!

best,

pilldoc

9 hours ago, B21 said:

@nossagog

Still hasn't sunk in.  Classy moves  passing to Daley then Dupuis the Fleury.  I'm going ti sit back and enjoy this one for a few more hours. #lordstanleysbrandy

Congrats to the Pens on the forum, like it's been proven each year the team that was the best in the regular season isn't the one who ends up hoisting the cup in the playoffs. Your team played well and deserved to win. I guess fatman Kessel can take the cup down Yonge Street in Toronto and give his finger to all of the Leaf fans that bashed him.

2 hours ago, pilldoc said:

To our fellow Pens fans....

@Polaris922

@notfondajane

@B21

As much as it pains me to say this as a Flyers fan...Congrats on winning this years Stanley Cup.  Undeniably they were playing the best hockey of any team down the stretch.  IMO your playoff MVP is Murray.  He played lights out. 

You guys are great members here and it is a pleasure to banter back and forth with you throughout the season.

Enjoy the Cup Victory!!!

best,

pilldoc

Many thanks. Stay classy!

Pens earned the cup this season and deserve to be Champs. Crosby and the Conn Smythe, not so much. Your rookie goalie that came out of now where to carry you through the playoffs or the Cookie Monster whose career has be revitalized in the burgh were much more deserving than NBC & Bettman's favorite son.

20 minutes ago, Samifan said:

Pens earned the cup this season and deserve to be Champs. Crosby and the Conn Smythe, not so much. Your rookie goalie that came out of now where to carry you through the playoffs or the Cookie Monster whose career has be revitalized in the burgh were much more deserving than NBC & Bettman's favorite son.

In fairness anyone watching knew Crosby was deserving by how he played the entire playoffs, let alone this series.  He was spectacular this series.  Murray lost his chance when he let in two soft ones to surrender game 5.  Kessel deserved it as well I think, but the media votes and Canadian media, Toronto in particular, weren't going to allow that to happen.  Sid had a great series and two points, important ones, in the series clinching game.  That is what decided it for him.  Thanks man!

2 minutes ago, Polaris922 said:

In fairness anyone watching knew Crosby was deserving by how he played the entire playoffs, let alone this series.  He was spectacular this series.  Murray lost his chance when he let in two soft ones to surrender game 5.  Kessel deserved it as well I think, but the media votes and Canadian media, Toronto in particular, weren't going to allow that to happen.  Sid had a great series and two points, important ones, in the series clinching game.  That is what decided it for him.  Thanks man!

This. I'd have gone Kessel, too. Murray was really good. Not great.  The only game he "stole" for us was Game 3 versus the Capitals.  He always kept the Pens in a position to win (or keep the lead) but that does not a Conn Smythe winner make.

Congrats to my favorite Pens' fans.    That had to be such a fun ride.   I mean, given where you were at Christmas, the whole second half and especially the playoffs must have been "holy ****, this is happening?!?!"

I know, "reported," but as much as I really wanted to cheer for the possible 1st time Cup winner, I once again found myself cheering when Pitt scored or made a big save or whatever.   And I really disliked Kessel in Toronto and scoffed at that trade.  I was horribly wrong and even enjoyed watching him play.

Classy bunch of Pens fans here that I've really enjoyed "knowing."  So enjoy all of it.  

Archived