Flyers send Vorobyev to LHV; recall NAK and Goulbourne

brelic

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought that Vorobyev was a special kind of bad in yesterday's game. He started 80% of his shifts in the offensive zone, and still found a way to come out of the game with negative possession numbers and be out-chanced 4 to 1.

Misha has lost his confidence and what made him look good in the preseason.

I like this move give the kid a chance to rebound and work on his play.

I am happy for NAK he is coming off a two point game yesterday.

He is a physical presence on the wing this team needs. Plays a solid two way game and is very good 5 on 5.

I hope he takes advantage of this chance.

47 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

I am not sure what to say about this. You hope it sparks something.  But it's sad we need call-ups to spark well-paid professionals. 

Well I don't know about spark but they sure need goals. 

And they need better play away from the puck.

So it is worth trying.

32 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Well I don't know about spark but they sure need goals. 

And they need better play away from the puck.

So it is worth trying.

It's not. 

It's only going to kill another kid's confidence.  Because the problem isn't the kids (vorobyov specifically). It's the vets and the coach. 

This is so idiotic it's beyond absurd. And i like NAK, so it isn't about him. 

Seriously, the dumpster is on fire and HakHex goes and changes out rookies. It's pathetic. 

19 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

It's only going to kill another kid's confidence.  Because the problem isn't the kids (vorobyov specifically). It's the vets and the coach.

Coming from a guy who watched his team send out young lambs to the slaughter game after game, year after year, it's tough to think of a worse thing to do to a young player.

1 hour ago, murraycraven said:

Oh, Hextall, this will surely right the ship.   Another mucker in Goul and hope that NAK can help.    This team doesn't need a spark... It needs an atomic bomb. 

Or a flux capacitor with many gigawatts to go back in time

If Ghoul is the guy that's supposed to provide a spark and lay some big hits,  it really tells you the lack of balls this team really has. Your depending on a minor league guy who was scratched in many games this season to make a difference in the NHL level. This team has no character or true leaders and no real player in the mold of a Mike Richard's (pre druggie) who can spark a rally and play hard every night ,provide scoring as well as leadership. The last  time Ghoul came up , he did lay out a player that led to a Laughton goal, but he is not gonna light the lamp. I was really hoping in the past draft for us to move up and get Tkachuk or Wahlstrom. We so need a tough skilled guy with a mean streak, who other teams hate. We keep going for 2 way players and nice guys. We need a finisher and a hardnosed skilled leader. There are very few players like Tkachuk coming into the league these days.

5 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Ahhh...return of The Ghoul.
Ready to add some grit, determination, and innards to this Flyer team!  

The Ghoul, The Ghost, and that pair of plodding mummies Lehtera and Wiese....JUST in time for Halloween with the Orange n Black! 
:biggrin:

Don't forget Vorazombie, the Stupid Maggot.

53 minutes ago, PuckMeister said:

I'm on board with a changing of the coaching staff.  Would Gordon be any better?  Any highly rated suspects form another organization?  Don't know if it's wise to make a change without a target in sight.

I think the bolded is a wise statement.  I'm sure if they do decide to make a move, they'll have their replacement in sight.  I'm not sure we'll like it, though.

Even money says Knoblach, but it may be Gordon.

It could be Sutter.  I was fervently against Sutter but am reconsidering that.   Vaigneaut is available.  Bylsma.  

So long as we make the move before the Kings so we're not tempted to bring John Stevens back.  I'm not going to trade the Flyers for another hockey team or burn Flyers stuff or anything, but I would spend the rest of the season cheering for the Sixers...and drinking lots of caffeine.

It's the wrong time of year, I think, to dig back into the juniors or college ranks.  So, it's either an interim the rest of the year or they get a retread.

We will see if either of them gets any game action, but I have zero problems with this move.  First off, Vorobyev has ben absolutely invisible (actually, all of their centers have been non-entities for the most part).  A lot of folks were pumping Vorobyev's tires, but he's done nothing.  Send him to the AHL to keep learning.  Meanwhile, bring up some players that actually play with grit and provide some spark.  Also, Goulebourne kills penalties.  And he wasn't terrible in the limited minutes he had last year.  Are these call-ups going to save a season?  Nope.  But at least there's acknowledgement from the organization that these types of players are needed.

Archived