Season suspended

CoachX

3 minutes ago, radoran said:

Just more proof that the league hates the Flyers.

Exactly. Definitive. First they sent Leon Stickle, then Lindros's jelly brain, then Michael Leighton. Now this. It's a bridge too far I tells ya!

• Like 2
  • Uggh... 1

6 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

Exactly. Definitive. First they sent Leon Stickle, then Lindros's jelly brain, then Michael Leighton. Now this. It's a bridge too far I tells ya!

You forgot JVR and the return of the son of JVR the sequel.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

@CoachX

Are you concerned at all that the pandemic may eat into your thriving pushing-old-ladies-down-escalators business?

not at all. I reached pandemic proportions years ago, but the health care industry chose to ignore it. they gave me a shot instead

2 minutes ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

This topic is covered in the general NHL area. 

Can probably close this thread or merge it with the other one.  

I"m a specific person. I dont speak in generalities

4 hours ago, CoachX said:

I dont care about the rest of the league, only the Flyers. In fact, its my personal belief that the NHL exists only so the Flyers have someplace to play

The Flyers revolve around Toronto -- the center of the hockey universe. As long as you're content being one of the 30 NHL planets (a rather big planet with a few moons mind you but still a planet) with Toronto being the sun in the middle that powers all of it, I'm cool with that.  (That's my belief lol.)

🌞 😎👍

I just wish I could get all the Leafs fan here to this forum. That would be fun!

Edited by WordsOfWisdom

4 hours ago, Podein25 said:

Lol, I love that word, you don't see it so often these days. He's a harmless bone head, don't be too harsh on him.

Sorry for my earlier snappage. :( I just didn't like being called an idiot and a pet-peeve of mine is when people create topics of general forum interest in the Flyers section because it totally ignores the rest of us. This forum really needs representation from other teams too.  :) 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

Sorry for my earlier snappage. :( I just didn't like being called an idiot and a pet-peeve of mine is when people create topics of general forum interest in the Flyers section because it totally ignores the rest of us. This forum really needs representation from other teams too.  :) 

Yeah. I mean, to your point, it's a shame there isn't a bigger population here for other teams.  Because the subject probably could support threads in general forums as well as multiple team child boards.  Because each team's fans probably would have slightly different discussions because it likely does affect individual franchises differently.   

The Flyers because it's the first in a long time that not only are we likely to make the playoffs, there's at least some legitimate hope of winning a round. 

For Detroit fans, it might seem like merciful euthanasia. 

Tampa and Toronto the loss of a chance at redemption. 

For Florida and New Jersey fans, the loss of the chance to be the lucky 100th fan to go through the entrance turnstiles this season. 

Etc. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, flyer4ever said:

So with all the expert advice I'm getting on this website, I am booked for 2 weeks in Orlando April 5, 3 grandkids, Disney, Universal, beach. Should we go or postpone?

Not trying to be a smart ass, but I think Disney already made that decision for you...

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, IllaZilla said:

Not trying to be a smart ass, but I think Disney already made that decision for you...

Yeah. So did Universal.  Though currently, they're both set to reopen in April

Edited by ruxpin

Just now, ruxpin said:

Yeah. I mean, to your point, it's a shame there isn't a bigger population here for other teams.  Because the subject probably could support threads in general forums as well as multiple team child boards.  Because each team's fans probably would have slightly different discussions because it likely does affect individual franchises differently.   

The Flyers because it's the first in a long time that not only are we likely to make the playoffs, there's at least some legitimate hope of winning a round. 

For Detroit fans, it might seem like merciful euthanasia. 

Tampa and Toronto the loss of a chance at redemption. 

For Florida and New Jersey fans, the loss of the chance to be the lucky 100th fan to go through the entrance turnstiles this season. 

Etc. 

I’m kind of glad this happened for my Wild. Right now they are out of the Playoffs. Maybe that will finally send a message to Fan Boy #1 that building around Parise, Suter, and Koivu didn’t work...

• Like 1