Official: Hayes traded to Blues for 2024 6th RD

jammer2

2 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Hayes is finally gone picking up 50% for a 2024 6th rounder. I'll take it done.

Good bye dude good riddance!!!!!

I will drive him to the airport .... wish it was more had Krug's agent not opened his big mouth.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TimKerrFan12 said:

A 6th round pick AND paying half of his salary the next 3 years?  Is that you Fletcher?

If you thought you would get much more than that you were fooling yourself...had Krug's agent kept his goddamn mouth shut who knows might have packaged him with Sanheim for something more but Krug ruined all that i hope he never wins a ring.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

Now we need to dump Soyheim and his horrible contract. 

TDA will get done on July 9th due to the 12 month rule and Sanheim and Laughton should be gone soon maybe at the draft.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

If you thought you would get much more than that you were fooling yourself...had Krug's agent kept his goddamn mouth shut who knows might have packaged him with Sanheim for something more but Krug ruined all that i hope he never wins a ring.

Beat me to the punch ....was going to post something similar. Once Krug's agent decided to spill the beans it was game over.  Be glad we did not have to give anything up to move him.

• Like 1

Addition by subtraction. With DeAngelo next to go, the only person Briere needs to move on from is Sanheim. As much as I'd love him back (I think the guy made things bad for himself trying to justify the contract Schmuck gave him because he looked like he was ready to break out), it's going to be tough to convince him he's wanted even though they tried to deal him.

• Like 1

The return on this deal for the Flyers is underwhelming. Hayes was the team’s second-leading scorer last season, and was the Flyers’ all-star representative as well. However a 2024 6th RD pick even with 50 percent salary retention speaks volumes.

1) Hayes’ relative lack of league-wide value in the stagnant cap era, and

2) the lack of leverage that the Flyers had in negotiations thanks to Krugs agent opening his big mouth.

IMO it was a solid business decision and some fans simply won’t understand. Briere did the best he could in a stripped down deal. Maybe they do the Sanheim thing later. Better this than holding the bag with Hayes.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

The return on this deal for the Flyers is underwhelming. Hayes was the team’s second-leading scorer last season, and was the Flyers’ all-star representative as well. However a 2024 6th RD pick even with 50 percent salary retention speaks volumes.

1) Hayes’ relative lack of league-wide value in the stagnant cap era, and

2) the lack of leverage that the Flyers had in negotiations thanks to Krugs agent opening his big mouth.

IMO it was a solid business decision and some fans simply won’t understand. Briere did the best he could in a stripped down deal. Maybe they do the Sanheim thing later. Better this than holding the bag with Hayes.

Yup, SUBTRACTION. Anything to get rid of him was fine by me. 

Leafs still interested in Sanheim. Might still happen. 

• Like 1

I thought the contract was too much for too long. Hayes did have a fun start to his Philly time. He wasn't the worst player, but he would never live up to that contract.

The Yards beer they made with his name was damn tasty.

That said.

Last year, when Kevin Hayes was sitting on the bench, the Flyers scored 43% of the goals, and when he was on the ice they scored 49% of the goals. Unless he demanded a trade, I really don't understand this. I'll go further than that and say, that unless Hayes requested a trade, I think this a really dumb deal.

Yes, Hayes' contract was for too much and too long (and I said so the day it was signed) but somebody has to play those minutes, and if that replacement comes in at $3.5M, you're spending just as much as you were for Hayes. You have to hope he can saw off the competition and, at that price point, they may well not do it.

I think the rookie GM got taken to the woodshed on this one.

Just now, mojo1917 said:

I thought the contract was too much for too long. Hayes did have a fun start to his Philly time. He wasn't the worst player, but he would never live up to that contract.

The Yards beer they made with his name was damn tasty.

That said.

Hayes was brought in, to appease Vigneault who loved his game. He should have been moved ASAP, (and I don't know, maybe they've been trying to since AV was fired..and couldn't) when AV was fired.

3 minutes ago, JR Ewing said:

Last year, when Kevin Hayes was sitting on the bench, the Flyers scored 43% of the goals, and when he was on the ice they scored 49% of the goals. Unless he demanded a trade, I really don't understand this. I'll go further than that and say, that unless Hayes requested a trade, I think this a really dumb deal.

Yes, Hayes' contract was for too much and too long (and I said so the day it was signed) but somebody has to play those minutes, and if that replacement comes in at $3.5M, you're spending just as much as you were for Hayes. You have to hope he can saw off the competition and, at that price point, they may well not do it.

I think the rookie GM got taken to the woodshed by the former GM, Chuckles Fletcher.

FIFY.

He got what he could, for a player that should have been moved, last season.. or even earlier.

We always said that Briere's early career would be judged on the costs of subtraction.  The Provo deal was fine because Provo had salvage value.  I agree with others that Hayes was overpaid/termed at the onset.  His deficits were magnified with age and supporting cast.  It is done.  

Dollars aside, a thorn in Torts's side is gone.  TDA next.  We can live with Laughton.  Sanheim may either get his bleep together or get traded down the road.  

Now another question comes into focus: Whither Coots?  We weren't impressive at Center (anywhere for that matter).  If he comes back (not sure) or is diminished, we are troubled down the middle.  Frostie and Laughts...

6 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

FIFY.

He got what he could, for a player that should have been moved, last season.. or even earlier.

This isn't a situation like when the Oilers were trying to get out of Milan Lucic's contract, because it was clear that he couldn't play hockey at the NHL level anymore. Considering that the Flyers goal share improved when Hayes was on the ice, I don't think they had to move his contract; certainly not at that price.

They spent $7M for somebody to play those minutes and they will still have to spend $7M for somebody to play those minutes, and the results will likely be worse than what they were getting before.

• Like 1