NHL Playoffs: Eastern Conference Finals: Metro (#2) Pittsburgh Penguins vs Atlantic (#2) Tampa Bay Lightning

pilldoc

NHL Playoffs: Eastern Conference Finals: Metro (#2) Pittsburgh Penguins vs Atlantic (#2) Tampa Bay Lightning  

20 members have voted

1. 1. NHL Playoffs: Eastern Conference Finals: Metro (#2) Pittsburgh Penguins vs Atlantic (#2) Tampa Bay Lightning

• Lightning in 4 (sweep)
    • Lightning in 5
    • Lightning in 6
    • Lightning in 7
    • Penguins in 4 (sweep)
    • Penguins in 5
    • Penguins in 6
    • Penguins in 7

8 minutes ago, Polaris922 said:

And of course I have to give away my game one tickets!  Damn you NHL scheduling!  

Give away? Wut? I would think you could get a pretty penny and awful quick for them.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On May 11, 2016 at 0:23 PM, JagerMeister said:

Just eliminate the penguins please.

I'm with you at heart, but not with my money. I don't see TBL stopping the Pens.

Unfortunately.

12 hours ago, JagerMeister said:

Great minds think alike....

Psychopathic minds also think very much alike.

And psychopathic minds think that they are great minds. In fact, they think alike that way.

Hmmmm.

13 hours ago, JagerMeister said:

Psychopathic minds also think very much alike.

Just because you think the other people on your ward think like you doesn't mean they're actually there.  :ph34r:

21 minutes ago, JagerMeister said:

Just to have them lose in the longest overtime in NHL history

LOL .. turnover by Crosby and the GWG scored my Matt Carle! :dancing:

1 hour ago, FD19372 said:

Better yet.

Well let's see...Ben Bishop taken off the ice on a stretcher...Tyler Johnson assisted off the ice after a knee-to-knee collision...yeah, that sweep might now go the way you want it!

10 hours ago, SkyHigh30 said:

Even with Ben Bishop taken off the Penguins looked really sluggish.

Yeah they definitely did not use much speed last night.  The early 5 minute kill on the Callahan major was key though, score one or two there and it could have been a different story.  Lots of puck movement with the Bolts pressure, but no one wanted to take the shot. 

Johnson came back. Bishop is officially day to day. Stamkos can play within days of coming off blood thinners. Strahlman could be back any game.

10 hours ago, AJgoal said:

Johnson came back. Bishop is officially day to day. Stamkos can play within days of coming off blood thinners. Strahlman could be back any game.

That is amazing. He is lucky it looked bad.

Losing him would be huge.

On 5/11/2016 at 4:09 PM, JagerMeister said:

There he goes he goes again. Classic Jane.

The Pens are working on a trading him to the Panthers after we win the cup! Yes he sit on the bench while we win it all!

i think Tampa is the first team in the tournament the Pens have seen that can skate with them.

Even though the Caps were bigger, they were not as fast, i still think i give the skating edge to the Pens top to bottom, but Tampa has some burners too,  your guys should be able to adjust.

I also think the Boyle Callahan Paquette line is one of the better 3rd lines in the league,  The Caps didn't go that deep, there was a considerable drop off talent wise in the bottom 6 .

Should be an entertaining series.

Ben Bishop is considered 'day to day'....pseudo good news at best.

I mean, yes, it IS good news that he isn't "Out of the playoffs", but it also means the Bolts best plan as if Andrei Vasilevskiy will be the one in net moving forward until Bishop is actually back.

From the Tampa Bay times:

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/lightning/ben-bishop-considered-day-to-day/2277373

Also, from the hockeywriters, Anton Stralman is considered day to day as well, and could return as soon as Game 2, though nothing definitive has been said.

http://thehockeywriters.com/anton-stralman-a-possibility-for-game-2/

Bolts already got JT Brown back during the Game 1 win, though he wasn't a huge factor in the game. I give him a bit of time to get up to game speed. At his best, Brown is a major pest, a big hitter, and a guy who is just a problem for the opposing goalie by hanging around the crease. He also has some underrated speed and a bit of a scoring touch if left with opportunities.

Stamkos, obviously is the big piece everyone is waiting on, and with good reason.

But to be honest, at this point in time, while having Stammer back would be a boost, I think Anton Stralman would provide the most positive reinforcement.

With Strals back, the Bolts defense, can go back to its regular pairings, Hedman can get his regular defense partner back.....plus the PP may get a boost as Stralman usually is the QB on that.

He brings very good skating with good offensive instincts, while still playing a responsible and tough brand of defense.....something that would be very useful against a skill laden team like the Penguins.

We will see come tomorrow night.

Archived